It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Bush haters half-blind?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Bush's Surprise Serenade...
Here's another one from today... This President, is surely the most... I am truly at a loss for words anymore when it comes to this man...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You will find little justification here. Those who blame bush for everything from the economy to their bad hair day are just looking for a convenient scape goat. Also, their is an element of self-righteousness and gratification to being enraged - its almost a religion, for some of the worst Bush bashers. You see, its much easier to scream about how evil Bush is than critically examine his policies. Its also convenient to blame Bush for everything and forget about Democratic party, which wholly endorsed the war.

Bashing bush is just more sexy. What I'm curious to see is who will all the I-Do-Nothing-But-Talk-About-How-Bush-Sucks crowd will react when hes no longer in power. Will they continue to blame him for everything?

I do not like Bush, and never voted for him, but at the same time I prefer to examine his policies and not just take the seething hatred approach and blame him for..well..everything.

Finally, I also think its amusing that the most rabid bush haters tell us how he is concurrently stupid enough to not walk and talk at the same time...and smart enough to engineer a fake 9/11 and a fake war. Which is it?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by pacificwind]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
ah.. lovely starting topic, but really one has to ask themselves, did he honestly expect a rational answer? nah, I think it served its purpose well, seeing the gaggle of blind antibush followers was telling enough. I mean really, theres not even any decent rhetoric here, let alone logic from that camp. those are some of the true sheeple in this society.

moo to you all.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacificwind
Finally, I also think its amusing that the most rabid bush haters tell us how he is concurrently stupid enough to not walk and talk at the same time...and smart enough to engineer a fake 9/11 and a fake war. Which is it?

It's not Bush, it's the machine behind Bush.

Just as Ronnie Ray-gun was a front and shill for his masters, Bush is a vacuous little man who says and does whatever he's told to say and do, damn the consequences.

He's a spoiled, willing toady to the whims of the depraved misanthropes who wield the dark power from the shadows.

Anyone who harbors any hope for a future free of American tyranny should hate and despise the tool called Bush and more so, the corrupt powers that direct and control the administration that he represents.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I personally think that Bush is a war-criminal,man using the standards from the Nuremburg trails he fits the profile very well.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Just to see:

What is your view of:

Clinton?

JFK?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think that Bush would be a great guy to room with in college. He seems like a guy you could make small talk with.

What makes a good president? I think a good president should have these goals in mind when they take office. They're not in a particular order.

1.)Boost the economy.
2.)Unite the country.
3.)Avoid war at all costs.
4.)Establish good relationships with other leaders.
5.)Protect citizens of the USA

Now, I'll just give a short answer to how he did on these goals.

1.)When George Bush became president, we weren't trillions of dollars in debt, now we are. Its the sad truth.
2.)I'll admit, he did unite the country after 911. After that, I wanted to see war declared as soon as we found out who did it. We invaded afghanistan to look for Osama bin Laden because of the terror attacks. But now were in Iraq.
3.)Two terms and two wars later, the bush adminestration has made many people rich. But our soldiers aren't getting rich, its the people who make our soldiers equiptment who have profited off of this war.
4.)I'm don't know if any world leaders dislike George right now. Honestly, I doubt any of them want to end up like Saddam.
5.)Yes the troops are fighting a war for our freedom, but I've watched the news once or twice and let me remind you of something. Bush received a report outlining the possible 911 threat. He was too busy vacationing at his ranch to read it though. He was in texas that day, he wasn't at the white house, he was taking a vacation.....and WE elected HIM?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumperson

1.)When George Bush became president, we weren't trillions of dollars in debt, now we are. Its the sad truth.

We were indebt before he was in office. The US has been in debt for decades.

Year Debt in Billions % GDP
1910 2.6
1920 25.9
1930 16.2
1940 43.0 44.2
1950 257.4 80.2
1960 290.2 45.7
1970 389.2 28.0
1980 930.2 26.1
1990 3233 42.0
2000 5674 35.1
2005 7933 37.4
2007 9008 36.8

As you can see Bush did not start the debt.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If that dirt bag Clinton had HALF the problems Bush has had to deal with, we would be saying the same thing. Jesus, think about it. 9-11, Iraq, NOLA, economy, Afganistan, AQ, ect ect.....Nobody puts the whole picture out there..........I think no other POTUS has had more too do in 8 years than Bush, and he has done pretty good for a C student.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sumperson

5.)Yes the troops are fighting a war for our freedom, but I've watched the news once or twice and let me remind you of something. Bush received a report outlining the possible 911 threat. He was too busy vacationing at his ranch to read it though. He was in texas that day, he wasn't at the white house, he was taking a vacation.....and WE elected HIM?

And Clinton was too busy getting “busy” in the oval office to read the reports about Osama and Saddam.

Believe me, I know people that work White House Comm. When a President is “On Vacation” he still has every piece of information and connection that he had if he was sitting behind the Oval office desk. Every President in the past 50 years has gone on vacation during critical times. Why? Because when you are President you would never get a break if you waited for a “calm” time.

Personally I don’t know why anyone would want the job.
- Everybody wanting something.
- Never a time alone
- Pressure from every direction
- 4-6 hours sleep if your lucky
- Low pay
- Everybody second guessing your every move
- Everybody expecting you to be an expert on EVERY issue.
- And these are the good days—imagine the bad ones

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dismanrc

Clinton was a coward, and a liar.

JFK was a true American Hero. I am about as far right as one can get, but I have no problem in lumping JFK into the top 10 POTUS of all time. Wish he had his full 8 years. Now His brothers.............See my view on Clinton

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
reply to post by dismanrc

Clinton was a coward, and a liar.

JFK was a true American Hero. I am about as far right as one can get, but I have no problem in lumping JFK into the top 10 POTUS of all time. Wish he had his full 8 years. Now His brothers.............See my view on Clinton

JFK was a mediocre President at best. If he would have lived it would have come out. But in the 60’s you did not say anything about a President killed in office. If you read some of the papers that have been released in the past few years you would see how much of a puppet he was to the “brain” trust put in around him.

As for being a hero- his actions during WWII does put him in a good light.

Politically? Well if his father had not bought him the election, we would have had Nixon a few years early.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Personally I don't like either party anymore and I have been a life long democrat. My distain for bush minor is rooted in my deep seated feeling that his policies and his behavior are a disaster for this nation and our standing in the world. And that deep seated feeling is rooted in my personal ideals, not my party politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bagel
Hundreds of thousands of people died for no reason. (Or no good reason)

So, why are you not blaming the terrorists who happen to be responsible for the majority of those civilian deaths?

Bush didn't simply steal money or screw up your economy...

I do not defend Bush on several key issues. I do think will go down in history know best as a "lame duck president." However...

The housing bubble is not Bush's fault. To many people bought houses they could not afford. I am not saying corruption is not, and was not involved, however, it was not because of President G W Bush...

He took innocent lives too.

He did? Who did he kill?

That places him in a totally different category.

Category? What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Contrary to what seems to be a VERY popular opinion around here, George Bush is neither the quintessential evil, nor a vacuous puppet. He's an average guy who is in over his head, but is doing the best he can. Oddly enough, I feel much the same way about Bill Clinton for the most part.

The only reason Mr. Bush is President because the two that ran against him were even less impressive. Sad, eh?

Corrupt? I doubt it. He's got much the same issues that President Grant had back in the day. He himself is fairly honest, but not the greatest at choosing his adviser's, and too loyal to friends for his own good. Sad isn't it, when being loyal to ones friends is a detriment? Such is the problem in being a player in world politics.

I get really tired of people judging his intelligence on the fact that he's a really bad public speaker. Phoooey. Tried speaking to a large crowd? Many of whom may not like you? I've spoken in public forums, it's scary, and it's difficult. Not everyone is as good at it as Ronald Reagan was. Anyone remember Jimmy Carter? Not real good at it either, but no one doubted his intelligence. A stumbling public speaker is usually nothing even resembling stupid. Is he a genius? No. He's an average guy in over his head, and doing the best he can. Given what he's dealing with day in, day out...it could be so much worse.

Cut the guy a little slack. Ask yourself, and answer honestly, could you do the job? I doubt I could, in fact there's not a shred of doubt...I couldn't. Save some of your ranting hatred for Congress, who's attempts to sabotage his last term haven't done him any favors.

Spelling is hard.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Its fine and dandy when other presidential candidates say "When I become president, I'll do...." but when it comes down to it, the decision making isnt exactly great pickings.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

All too true. Amazing how that works. Reality of the office, versus their campaign fantasies. The POTUS has to find a middle ground between the two, some are better at it than others.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't say that bush is trying to be evil. I think he's to stupid to realize what kind of harm he's causing just so he can have control over oil nations. I don't mean full control. He obviously has some buddies over there that will make him rich if he suceeds. And no I'm not a democrat or republican. As for the democrats they need to get up and get things moving in the right direction. Everybody needs to stop bickering at each other, find out the problem that's causing the decline in our economy and fix it now. Before we fall apart and trust me the rest of the world will fill it too.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

What do you like about George Walker Bush, anyway? Do you think he's a peacemaker; christian or a warlord, freemason, member of the "Order of Death"/"Skull and Bones" society, who wants to help his masters form a world government to rule over all of us?

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Chad Andrew]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Every election cycle I end up feeling WTF is this the best we can do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join