It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Bush haters half-blind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I read dozens of posts a day that blame everything from the economy to the war on President G. W. Bush, and his administration. Most talk about like he sits in his office twisting his hands , laughing maniacally trying to find new ways to kill people and break the law. There are a few who say the whole government (Republicans, Democrats, other) are corrupt.

Are those of you who hate and blame Bush for everything think that the Democrats are all wonderful? Note: This question is not directed at the 'all government is evil' group, which I would likely fall into.

I personally see them all working on the same agenda, but from 2 different angles.

FYI: I am not defending anything about Bush. I do support the war, even though there are aspects and nuances I disagree with. I do feel let down by Bush after his second tern. I voted for him twice, but what he has done with SPP, his views on immigration and some of his education policies have left a real bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hundreds of thousands of people died for no reason. (Or no good reason)

I am not American, but I don't think I'm alone when I say we shouldn't have to look adopt a best of the worst approach when it comes to politicians.

Wrong is wrong. Bush didn't simply steal money or screw up your economy...He took innocent lives too. That places him in a totally different category.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Bush didn't do anything.

He was a lame duck for 8 years.

thats the problem.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Personally I believe Bush is the worst president ever.

Here are some articles that may help show you why I believe so:

www.rollingstone.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.commondreams.org...

hnn.us...

there are of course many more I could cite, but I figure you get the point after reading these four.

Without a doubt he is easily the worst president of my lifetime, at the very least.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If he really was just a puppet for 8 years, surely they would have picked a smarter one...?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
well he does havethe intelligence of a wood puppet....so many he LITERALLY isa puppet.

anybody see strings?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
so this is how good information gets lost in threads.... enlightening

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Are you saying I'm a thread killer?

or just dumb?

I mean, I won't disagree with the later...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Are those of you who hate and blame Bush for everything think that the Democrats are all wonderful?

What kind of question is that? Do you really hope to get an answer?

Nobody I know thinks that Dems are "all wonderful". What we are witnessing nevertheless, however, that it was Bush who let this country to be hijacked by a gang of self-appointed experts in geopolitics, who perpetrated the tragedy of the stupid war on both Iraqis and American people. Just that one fact is enough for me to have very, very low respect for Mr.Bush. I frankly believe he should be put in jail.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Perhaps there is some better way I could have asked the question. I'm accepting the fact that many people hate Bush. I am just trying to assess, of those people, what would they prefer based upon the options that exist?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bagel
If he really was just a puppet for 8 years, surely they would have picked a smarter one...?

No. And yes, he is a puppet. All politicians are.... especially at the top.

And this idea that Bush is an idiot is something that blinds people from his real purpose. I'm tired of hearing people claim Bush is 'too stupid' to be evil or be involved in conspiracy...

He isn't 'stupid' he knows exactly what he is doing and what he is involved in...

The OP makes a good point and I've starred the post. Republicans and Democrats are in the same pocket. Bush is not the mastermind behind ANYTHING. It is a waste of time to focus on Bush alone or be a 'bush-hater'. Bush is irrelevant to what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lemme ask you a common sense question:

Why would you support or defend anyone or anything that believes it's okay to kill thousands of human beings, just for political and financial gain?

War=Death=misery=fear=anger=violence= holy crap....what a surprise.... MORE WAR!!!

Do you or anyone who supports war or stupid country names or flags or any of that bull even understand what you are supporting? Do you even care, or do you just need meaning to your life, so you get behind the shiniest red bike you can find, even if Hitler was riding it?

I agree, this is not all Bush's fault. I doubt Bush has as much say as he thinks he does.

But Jesus I just don't get how people can just...

"I support the war. I support the death. I support the elite playing chess with live pawns and machine guns and bombs, just to settle their own rivalries while staying safe and comfy in their estates."

I know that's not what you said or meant, but I don't think you fully understand what you are saying. Please, I mean not to insult you. You seem very smart and logical, from what I've read so far... but we've all been duped, and it took me too long to realize it, because if I had known what we were up against, I would've done better in high school, gone on to college, and gotten somewhere where my voice would be heard... but no I realized it too late. So now I'm sitting here, slapping these good decent hardworking people in the face, trying to snap them out of it. Yet, nobody can take a message and not judge the messenger. I'm an unknown musician that works at Home Depot. It sucks that our jobs and our certificates are what we're judged by, but so be it.

A quote from a movie I hate to admit that I like:
"I'm in love with you."

SLAP!!!

"SNAP OUT OF IT!!!"

Bush is just a meaningless figurehead, and I hope people have mercy on him if he ever goes to trial.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

You make a good point. Forgive my rash choice of words, perhaps I should have stated "couldn't they have picked a more convincing puppet".

I never said he is too stupid to be a part of a conspiracy...I just implied he is a moron.

So yes, he is part of a much bigger plan. But I'm not sure whether you and the OP are referring to the same thing

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Any president is a puppet. Do you honestly believe everything that happens in the gov't, especially the presendential office is of Bush's doing? We need to realize how complex our gov't system is. There's the 3 branches of the gov't, intelligence agencies, military branches and much more. Each of these entities control information that funnels to the president. It is real easy to manipulate the president, senate or congress to do what you want. Controlling information is key.

Of course, you can say a good president can be judged by the company he keeps. Solution? I don't know. Elect me as ruler of Earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Simple fact is people are infatuated with this United States concept, and in order for this giant faceless entity to maintain its sense of self, it's gotta lie lie lie to it's lover (the citizens) in order to keep them pouring over them with love and affection. It gives the USA purpose, meaning, and power.

Like one of those psychotic bitches you idiotically fall for in high school.

Bush is abstractly akin to the super hot chick who paints her face with rediculous makeup in order to look more pretty, but kinda over-does it and makes herself look like a whore.

A girl, or a country, can look like the sweetest most caring thing in existence... but you've gotta realize, it's only flesh and bone. It's not who they really are. The United States, Bush.... they aren't who they look like. It's just how it is. This world is full... FULL... of liars, manipulators, and genuinely bad people, who are good actors... So why oh why should we suspect any less from the country that harbours, governs, and nurtures the scoundrels. They put on a song and dance, too. It's called politics, and the president happens to be the face politics right now... but he's just the lead role in this song and dance number. He didn't actually write it. He doesn't direct it. He just acts.

Of course he benefits a lot from it! But so does Brangelina, and everybody LOVES them. What's the damn difference, I ask?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalienWhy would you support or defend anyone or anything that believes it's okay to kill thousands of human beings, just for political and financial gain?

Was there political and financial gain from the war in Iraq? Yes. But there was also other gains that benefit the nation. The idea of fighting terrorism in someone else's backyard is a huge boon to America. If it works out and Iraw thrives as a center for democracy and freedoms in the middle east beyond what exists now, that is a boon for America. Having a military base to project power in the region if needed, that is a boon for America. There are dozens of reasons outside of the individual benefits by Bush/Cheney, that it benefits America. In my opinion, there are more benefits than drawbacks.

Do you or anyone who supports war or stupid country names or flags or any of that bull even understand what you are supporting?

I am confused by this comment. Are you advocating a borderless, nationless world?

I don't take any offense to what you say. I love open discussion that challenges different ways of thinking.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
as much as those on the right were just about literally foaming at the mouth at clinton. after the first special prosecutor on white water came up empty and said that there was nothing to it, they fired him and put starr in. then, for clinton's term, ken starr just about was up into his prostate searching for anything. went from white water to paula jones? impeachment for lying under oath about oral sex? and that was ALL they got, even with a republican congress. the only reason bush has not had this is for almost all his term, he had a one party government, his own. would you honestly believe that they would investgate their own?

at least we have not had dem senators warning bush about coming to their state like jesse helms did. so really, in comparison, bush hatred is not as bad as you think.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Simple fact is people are infatuated with this United States concept, and in order for this giant faceless entity to maintain its sense of self, it's gotta lie lie lie to it's lover (the citizens) in order to keep them pouring over them with love and affection. It gives the USA purpose, meaning, and power.

There is a big difference between a peoples fascination with celebrities and passion and patriotism for America. The American United States concept is the greatest concept to exist for a nation. It is how individuals have manipulated the system through government that makes people equate the corruption politics to what AMERICA IS.

I wish I knew of a way to get America back to what its intent was. That is the challenge that exists.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Whos a badder guy Bush or Obama I think that sums up the presidential election in a whole. however if Obama ends the war in Iraq the opinion of bush will go downhill.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There has been some very clear thoughts on this thread.Regardless of who is in the presidents office ask yourself this: If I were in charge of the United States of America as commander and chief and my country was attacked,what actions would I take to defend my country?

There are always monday morning quarterbacks,that have the perfect answer to the problems.The kind of people that if they had a rabid dog at their front door would feed and pet it and hope it goes away.

Then there are the hard cases that would charge outside and shoot the dog,and then shoot every other dog and dog owner they could find just in case they were infected too.

So evidently moderation must be somewhere in the middle.What would you do?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join