It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq, Afghan Vets to reveal War atrocities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Iraq, Afghan Vets to reveal War atrocities

rawstory.com

“It’s not going to be easy to hear what we have to say," IVAW executive director Kelly Dougherty, who served in Iraq as a military police officer, says in a press release. "It’s not going to be easy for us to tell it. But we believe that the only way this war is going to end is if the American people truly understand what we have done in their name.”

Although the 1971 Winter Soldier meeting inspired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to hold a hearing that featured Vietnam Veteran John Kerry -- "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?" he famously asked -- it failed to receive wide ranging media coverage.

(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD-Edit for profanity in title.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is going to create some HUGE waves...Hopefully the american people are paying attention. Since obviously our Elitist Politicians are not...As well as our corrupted MSM.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
These are issues that really need to be openly disclosed and discussed to open eyes all over the world.

Lets hope there is not too much censorship.

Good luck to the brave speakers of the truth.

Regards S_G

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
War is not pretty, it never was and it never will be. Innocent people die and it's unfortunate. With that in mind I believe that there are thousands less civilians dying due to the Allies. It wasn't long ago that we were carpet bombing. Not that any civilian loss is acceptable but I think we have come a long way in terms of protecting against innocent fatalities.

Furthermore, I choose to wait until all the information is in.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Looks like they have begun the conference...

Reprise of Winter Soldier Anti-war conference held near DC

On Friday, former soldiers and Marines addressed an audience of several hundred in Silver Spring. They spoke of having to make snap decisions about whether to fire on civilians, of soldiers firing indiscriminately on Iraqi vehicles, and of an apartment building filled with Iraqi families attacked by an American gunship.

Former Marine Jon Turner began his presentation by ripping his service medals off his shirt and tossing them into the first row. He then narrated a series of graphic photographs that brought gasps from the audience. In a matter-of-fact voice, he described episodes in which he and fellow Marines shot people out of fear or retribution.

"I'm sorry for the hate and destruction I've inflicted upon innocent people," Turner said. "Until people hear about what is happening in this war, it will continue."

Liveblogging Turner's testimony Friday for the Iraq Veterans Against The War website, Justin Cliburn observed, "In the first video that Jon shows, his XO proclaims, 'I think I just killed half the population of Ramadi; # the red tape!'"

"Two videos have been shown of Turner's squad firing on Mosques unprovoked, an obvious violation of international law," Cliburn adds.

Full Story:
rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's really good to hear that the former soldiers are talking.

I remember 'Winter Soldier', how moving, and disturbing it was. For
those guys to admit to war crimes on camera, demonstrates how
serious a topic it is. The entire hall of people fell dead silent, when
they described their horrors of war.

new topics

top topics

join