It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Might Be A Good Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For Sitx, regardless of what it might be preventive health measures might be a good idea. What I'm speaking of are those everyday annoyances we put up with like bad teeth, bunions or corns on our feet, eye exams, etc.

We have the luxury to postpone having them taken care of at the moment, but if TSHTF unexpectedly, we'll all be in a World of hurt. I can't imagine anything worse myself than having an abscessed molar during a meltdown with no dentist or pain medication to be had. How about having to bugout with those terrible bunions or corns throbbing like H-ll while you're trying to run.. Owww!

How about you spot a band of looters coming down your road, grab your rifle.. but dang! you can't see well enough to take that long shot. So instead, you must let them get closer which increases your odds of getting shot as well.

For that matter, let's say it's dinner you're trying to shoot, but man that critter sure is blurry way out there in the field. What to do? What to do? Do I possibly waste a bullet or go hungry tonight for certain?

Now is the time to address these issues. Your survival and that of your family may very well depend on it. My list is is in no way all inclusive, and I only mentioned those things that have been an issue for me in the past.

Think about what is troubling you at this very moment, and schedule to have it corrected ASAP. Healthcare options will be extremely limited in a meltdown. Good Luck!

[edit on 3/13/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You make good points here.

I also agree that in order to survive (more or less easily) to an advert situation you must be prepared and also to have enough health to put the plans you did into action.

You also reminded me (and alerted) that I myself need to go to the dentist (for a check up) and also have a new eye exam (I feel I need new glasses prescriptions already).

As you, I find it very important to have energy and health to deal with the problems we may face ahead.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am dependant on medication so I already know I'll die if the sh*t hits the fan and doctors and pharmacies go away. I choose to live each day as if it were my last simply because of this fact (and probably a few others).

Tela

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't think SitX will happen anytime soon. We've been hearing alarmist screamings about it for twenty years or more and still nothing. I think "getting ready" is a waste of time, money, and energy.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How can someone prepare for something that they dont know is going to happen nor do they know when it's going to happen? It doesnt make sense does it...thanks for that thought chromatico. I'd rather focus on the here and now and celebrate life as it is.

Tela

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
LLoyd,
Good job as always.
As for the nay sayers,
We prepare because we lose nothing by preparing, but could lose your life or the lives of loved ones by not preparing.
When we prepare, we make ourselves physicly more fit. We share information, which adds to the accumulated information available to everyone.
By being prepared we assure we will not become a burden in the event of a crisis big or small.
We choose to become a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.
We are not trying to convince anyone. Think of this section as a buffet.
If you find things here that appeal to you, take all you can
. If you find nothing here to your taste, leave it alone.
To those who understand, no explination is needed. To those who do not, none will suffice.
As always, if the worst case scenario does happen, I promise you a decent burial if we find your body.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by 1ShotDeal]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not a bad idea, I never thought about that. When I have some spare cash im gonna buy some over the counter meds, and just store them. Now that this post woke me up to this reality ill probably go to my local store and look around for stuff that me and my family use and need and just store it in a bag.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'll be stocking up on ketamine,that way,if I or someone needs a tooth out,or needs to be KO'd for a bit,I'll have a safe way to do so. (and if no one gets ill,I can just get munted on it) Things like coldsores would be a worry,would be a good idea to find a cure for EVERYTHING,just incase

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

It's too bad you feel that way, but it's your choice to make. The things I mentioned in this post however apply to everyday living as well. Good dental hygiene, footcare, and regular eye checkups are just as useful to a person in their everyday life as in a Sitx scenario.

A toothache can render even the most physically fit person unable to perform daily tasks. That goes double for foot problems if you have a job that requires physical activity, and last but not least, who couldn't benefit from being able to see better and avoid eye strain and the accompanying headaches?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Emergency preparedness is not just for survivalists. Even the government and the Red Cross recommend everyone have some type of disaster kit assembled for things like disruption of utility services, eathquakes, floods, tornadoes etc.

If you don't even keep the bare essentials for survival on hand you'll find yourself in a bad way one day, and a burden to your friends, relatives, and rescue services.

Being dependent on meds, this should be a primary concern to you. You'd never consider being without your medications if you could avoid it would you? Why be without a little spare water, food, or first aid supplies?

I won't preach, but at least think about it for those who care about you, if not yourself. Take care.

[edit on 3/14/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
good point lloyd, i make sure that we all have regular dental check ups and keep on top of our health, we have a well stocked med cupboard with alt med as well as regular meds, and i have been making my own mixtures from plants for a little while now (the sprogs love gathering and grinding them up
)
m x

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I also think it is a good idea to take care of ourselves now, at least it can't hurt. It is better to be physically ready for anything. Whatever the future has in store for us, I think making our bodies stronger will not hurt.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Here's what I like to say-you don't like me, either prove me wrong or join my side. Anything else is just whining.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Not bad ideas, to be sure. But I can't help but wonder if the very fact we think we need these things might be a way to keep us from surviving. Let me explain:

The human body is a miraculous, self-repairing, adaptive, self-reliant mechanism. People have survived for thousands of years (millions if you're a Darwinist) without benefit of doctors or modern medications. True enough that they were more susceptible to certain illnesses, or that they lived in more pain than most do today, but we are talking survival rather than comfort, right?

I have seen an explosive increase over the last ten years on the number of people who think they must have 'their meds' to survive. A similar trend can be observed over the last twenty years with the need to become 'physically fit'. That little term means, apparently, eating only certain foods, exercising on a daily regiment, and making regular visits to the money deposit... er, I mean doctor.

In my personal experience, I have gone from being a strapping young redneck who would wade through hell to fight a circle saw (and win), to being a decrepit old codger barely able to move, to being what I am now, just an old man with a bit of that lost youthful energy again. In every case, I was somehow able to provide for myself and my family what I needed, despite the differences in physical ability. Why? Intelligence.

Your muscles are simple linear mechanisms. They can tear and rip, become paralyzed through certain toxins, or for a myriad of reasons (including fatigue), just refuse to work. Your brain, or your mind if you prefer, is different. It has the ability to overcome those limitations, and it is where true strength comes from. A fierce will can move obstacles that a strong muscle cannot, and a burning desire can accomplish where an army will fail.

So, while I do not dispute the wisdom of maintaining good health, I add to it this: do not depend solely on the doctor or the pharmacist; depend on yourself. Learn techniques for obtaining food, study the natural bounty that surrounds you, and train yourself to accept less than you have. Learn to recognize your options and exercise your unique abilities. Then you will be able to survive.

Whatever SitX is, I know what it will not be: it will not be what anyone expects. You must adapt, or die.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join