It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel across the Continental US on BIODIESEL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just filled my tank this morning with B100.... where ever I travel I do so on soy oil, corn oil, WVO, or processed chicken fat.

When I travel state-to-state I always check this site first to plan my route:

www.biodiesel.org...

other retail locators in the US:

www.mnsoybean.org...
www.nearbio.com...
www.biotrucker.com...
findbiodiesel.org...
www.biodieselamerica.org...

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Alright. So what exactly are you planning on doing?

This should really be in BTS.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am just bringing awareness to the fact that one can fuel their vehicle in the US solely on biodiesel.... and travel just about anywhere.

The key is simply to find the fueling stations on your route and avoid the convenience store on the corner with the big BP or EXXON sign.

Most people think that this is not possible... that biodiesel is a commodity of the future... that there is no where locally to buy biodiesel...

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I am just bringing awareness to the fact that one can fuel their vehicle in the US solely on biodiesel.... and travel just about anywhere.

Most people think that this is not possible... that biodiesel is a commodity of the future... that there is no where locally to buy biodiesel...

While I appreciate your desire to make people aware of products of the future, I would like to warn you that biofuels are more damaging to the environment than traditional oil. It's not the answer to a better environment.

You should take a look at volokh.com...

[edit on 3/14/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I just filled my tank this morning with B100.... where ever I travel I do so on soy oil, corn oil, WVO, or processed chicken fat.

Chicken fat?

Biodiesel is very common, first of all. I find it at about 40% of my normal fuel stops. Second of all, where are you getting B100? From what I know, biodiesel is generally blended at B20 or below for CMV use, since higher blends require some minor modification to the fuel delivery system in the vehicle.

And third, I think you're mixing up two different fuels. Biodiesel (B20 and under) is very common now, especially among truck drivers. It requires no modification to the vehicle, but has been reported to cause fuel filters to clog early the first time it is used. In contrast, cooking oil (which can include chicken fat) can be used with modifications to the vehicle, but it is not available commercially due to the limited supply. Some small local fleets use cooking oil exclusively, collecting it from local restaurants. I have seen a lot of pop science shows mix the two up, but they are very different things.

Watch that fuel filter, and happy driving!

TheRedneck

top topics

join