It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% of teens have STDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
STD epidemic.

New York Times

The first national study of four common sexually transmitted diseases among girls and young women has found that one in four are infected with at least one of the diseases, federal health officials reported Tuesday.

Nearly half the African-Americans in the study of teenagers ages 14 to 19 were infected with at least one of the diseases monitored in the study — human papillomavirus (HPV), chlamydia, genital herpes and trichomoniasis, a common parasite....
Women may be unaware they are infected. But the diseases, which are infections caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites, can produce acute symptoms like irritating vaginal discharge, painful pelvic inflammatory disease and potentially fatal ectopic pregnancy. The infections can also lead to longterm ailments like infertility and cervical cancer.

The survey tested for specific HPV strains linked to genital warts and cervical cancer.

What is suggested to combat this???
vaccinations and drugs????

Does this make anyone rethink casual sex???

I hope so!

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I did a search before I posted and didn't see it, sorry!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

O yeah!!!

NOW! you tell me..

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So 1 in 4 teens have STDs.

Maybe God is punishing the wicked like he did when he brought Katrina to punish us for Gay people.

Maybe I could not think of anything more ridiculous to say than that. Thank you Pat Robertson.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I find these statistics extremely hard to believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I bet 90 % of them just caught Herpes. Most people have that virus by the time they are 6 and 25% of people get the genital variety. Glad I don't have it lolz.

top topics

join