It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World will Never run out of OIL!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This dawned on me this morning, a few years back a co-worker and I had a serious debate about the world's oil reserves. We went back and forth about the for and against, and I eventually agreed that the world will never run out of oil. The co-worker; who I don't work with now, was a Tufts graduate and was very knowledgable about Merchandising since that was his career of study. He said he had an environmental class and his teacher would occasionally hold discussions after class; most of these discussions were based around fuel consumption/ effects on the environment, cost, and reserves. This teacher gave so many facts to my friend that he was convinced the world wouldn't run out of oil. The facts were quite outrageous to hear but made perfect sense, such as there being to much oil on the planet for a full world to ever fully consume, and that not many people take into consideration that more oil is being made everyday; I dont mean man made I mean being made inside the earth. An that yes we are mining more then is being made but that the reserve that is already available is far larger then the world would ever need. Now I'm going to post a few articles, some for some speculative; I'll be at work all day so I'm hoping for alot of responses by tonight. The global CEO's want us to pay cause we can, not cause we have too.

This article is about Not running out of oil.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

List of Reserves
www.eia.doe.gov...

List of Reserves
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We might never use up all the oil in the planet, but we will use up all the cheaply accessible oil, and possibly all the accessible oil. So as a cost-effective and viable energy source, it will run out.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I remember seeing arthur c clarke, saying moving to free energy devices, could be as bad as using oil, for the planet. He seemed all for us to use oil, in that statement i saw.

Oil is not a fossil fuel, it is made by the planet, and they know it will not run out.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You've all missed it,, we are more likely to kill ourselves and everyone else fighting over it before we ev3r get around to exhausting its supply.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
You've all missed it,, we are more likely to kill ourselves and everyone else fighting over it before we ev3r get around to exhausting its supply.

I agree 100% WE may not exhaust it but WE wil die trying.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think the problem lies in the refining of the oil, more than the amounts of underground oil. The refining process has taken on the increased demand without upgrading it's production capabilities. Every year here in the US, we lose another refinery to fire and mechanical problems and it seems they just shut that section down and raise the prices. We haven't built a new refinery in America for 20+ years and the existing ones are in horrible, horrible condition.
Sure, we have unlimited stores of oil to use forever, but, the refinery process is what makes it available to us in usable form. Without the refineries, the oil prices only go up.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I made this point in another tread similar to this one. Oil is here as long as we have water running over/under the planet. Oil = high pressure + high heat + water to milk the carbon from the planet and since it all is carbon based, it goes on and on. Theres just different grades of oil to slurp from the ground. This makes the technique to draw different for each available source.

There is an oil guy named lindsy williams who knows the truth is not the end is near for oil.

Click the video link for the other 7 segments of this amazing story.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yet another angle,,, and worth well over 2 cents!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

I've seen the Lindsay Williams video. It really is quite good and very convincing except for the parts where he offers no real evidence!

He never really names names....never gives authoritative resources. His evidence is of the "I know a guy who cannot be named who says..." type.

Nevertheless, I actually agree with Lindsay Williams. I do not believe that there is an oil shortage. What we do need are oil refineries and as mentioned earlier in this thread, we have a growing shortage of easily accessible or obtainable oil.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Awesome thread, and important topic.

Thanks for posting that video WorldShadow, Granada conference videos are always excellent.

I don't doubt that oil is finite... we can deplete any resource if we put our minds to it and populate enough. But the point is, we are not in control of the resource to begin with. It will always be in short supply even if there is an infinite availibility.

Free energy is the biggest secret in the oil business. Makes the whole issue of oil supply meaningless.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
wot a silly statement

of course it wont we will replace it soon enuff with other sourses of energie, and for the benafit of the world, the money we are pumping into warpped extreamist religions/states for this dirty poluting oil is unreal, lets hope the powers that be realease this free energie technology soon

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
With cheaper mining technics(by cheap I mean in the billions of dollars), and better technology to mine father into the earth we will eventually be able to tap those "unexcessible" reserves. I believe I was watching something on discovery science that talked about a new high power drill that can go down twice as far as the old drills; anyone have a link to that it would be appreciated. The fact of the matter is that we will be able to tap into thosre reserves as well, so thats not a problem either.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I don't think I have to comment on you gramatical errors you should be able to see them, you made enough. But if you realistically think a different energy source is going to be readily available in the next 20 years your crazy.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
www.chevron.com...

Just a little article about chevron and its new tech to make heavy crude oil into fuels; it has a 100% conversion rate and would be more effiecent. We didn't have the tech to mine such oils years ago which yet again opens up more reserves.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was under the impression that this is a Finite Universe, not to mention, finite Planet. We'll run out, of course. Who knows when. Free Energy is still the way to go. Let's use oil for Sexy Parties.

Today I learned.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I don't think I have to comment on you gramatical errors you should be able to see them, you made enough. But if you realistically think a different energy source is going to be readily available in the next 20 years your crazy.

yes but wot does that have to do with my post, forget correcting me just say wot you think and get on with it i dont think the hole world is going to stop because of that you need not bother in future

i think you are very wrong do you look to see wots avalible at all? clearly not! there are many new energy sources that are all ready in use or will be very soon much more sooner than 20 years my freind, instead of me pointing them out to you why dont you have a little look around this website or use google for a well needed reseach session? you cant be serrious

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The reason I'm commenting on your gramatical errors is because I can't understand a word your saying. Your post above this one is so bad I read only first paragraph and laughed. Do they have schools in Britain? I'm not even going to humor a post of such subtle intellect, you've stated no facts only opinions and broken english to go with it.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lokey is Just being a Troll. I can understand you perfectly because intelligence is trandcendent. You're not speaking in another language so you're fine. Shame on you Lokey, either you're out of ideas or just tired of the subject, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Kokasion you didn't post a credible piece either, what exactly are the two of you doing posting at all? He doesn't post a single fact and I've run out of things to talk about? I've linked to many different articles; actually linked up to another article this morning. If you can understand him and like his "slang" then maybe the two of you love birds should get a private chat going cause neither of you are contributing to this thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I proposed that we live in a Finite Universe, a counter-arguement to your notion that we will NEVER run out of oil. Finite Universe, Finite Planet, Finite Resources. I actually just watched an Old Free Energy and Anti-Gravity Propulsion Convention Documentation with Tom Valone, I felt confident.

But, you certainly proved to me in your last post that the Earth is full of infinite resources and Carbon Based Oil is far more efficient than Perpetual Pendulum Propultion(Oh no! I spelled it wrong, now he wont understand my Insubstantial reference to working Free Energy.), or Hutchinson's unorthodox Anti-Gravity experiements. Never again should we attempt to create a cheap energy source that works a 100% efficiency that doesn't polute. [/sarcasm]

Edit: Really really bad Typo.

[edit on 14/3/08 by Kokasion]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join