It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Spirit's Photo's EDITED!? Look!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
(If this is known to be BS please excuse me; I'm a newb!)

Analysis - Page 1

There's page after page of this - it just keeps on going!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That site doesnt look cretible at ALL....but the topic has been discussed to death.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You responded so quick there's no way you've even read page 1 yet!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I know nothing of photoshop, cropping, editing, shadows etc, so I am not even gonna touch that.

But that one picture of the rock with hole in it, does look like a petrified log as they suggested.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I read enuff of it to see that they are blowing simple little anomalies outta proportion.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I know nothing of photoshop, cropping, editing, shadows etc, so I am not even gonna touch that.

But that one picture of the rock with hole in it, does look like a petrified log as they suggested.

I agree, the foot print was intresting, I think the shadows are ripples in the sand.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We need someone who's good at using photo editing programs to play with some originals themselves and report back!

[Edited on 20/2/04 by AquaBehemoth]

jra

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is a joke... intentional or not. The person on the site really has no clue what they are doing in photoshop (or whatever program they are using)

I mean wow... he can select objects in the picture and crop them out... wooptie doo... that doesn't mean the origonal photos are edited at all. This preson really doesn't have a clue in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
awwww that damn photoshop!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cant you use the magic wand tool in photoshop on just about any photo and get the same results? It has nothing at all to do with whether or not they used smudging.
Thats a load of shyte.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I do not know what kind of "magic wand" her cheap a*s*s* photo editor has, but Photoshop does not work so magically. You need MAGNIFICATION to see smudging, not "magic wands".

jra

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What I don't get on that site that was posted, is that I don't see the supposed smudging. Maybe i'm just blind or maybe those pics are too small. I don't know, but all i know is, that this guy just used the magic wand to select areas in the pic to crop them out and probably thought that this ment that they were placed there by NASA since he could take them out, when infact you can do that to any photo.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here's something odd

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
very cool find...martian fiber/thread/filament whatever it is..it's still a cool find.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The site is crap.
The person obviously has only a vague idea of what she is doing at the best.
Either its a joke - and one so subtle I didn't get it, or its just some nut trying to prove her point in any way she can.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Most of the photos on that site are really reaching... if you can suffer through to the 2nd to last page, there is some interesting comparisons made about the "slot rock". I always thought that rock looked like petrified wood - they've posted up some comparison photos and it does look interesting. What does everyone else think?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Forget the magic wand thing if you don't understand how this can proove smudging/blurring around rocks. They claim to have prooved the sky is doctored. That's basically what that site was about. I haven't tried repeating the thing, but the images presented clearly show a straight line along the horison which is not natural at all. I have been doing stuff like this with images since Phososhop 1.0 so I know what I am talking about. I'll take a look at it before I go to bed.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, I couldn't wait so I opened PS and nothing of what they claim is there, is infact there. The sky is perfectly norman, and the smudging effect is probably just interpolation. Nothing there as far as I can see....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
That site doesnt look cretible at ALL....but the topic has been discussed to death.

exactly. conldnt of said it better my self!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Women photoshop drivers...

But even my untrained eye, knows how to spot a doctored photo in a photo editing program.

Evidently not. My dog once did something on the carpet that had the same appearance, texture and smell of this site. I wasn't pleased.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join