It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by winterass

Your links have no proof. Higher rates of accusation and conviction can be explained by racial bias.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing new about this, Bush's "WAR ON TERROR" was also another swipe at Islam, disguised in all sorts of deceptive phrases as WMD, Axis of Evil, Saddam Dictator ( funded by America) al-qaeda (which does not exist) Nothing New, the Crusaders tried it then, the Colonials tried it then, Communism tried it then, Bush & Co tried it then, and any future Figure Head that represents the Back Benchers can keep trying it, but Islam is the Tsunami that will engulf the entire Western World, like it or not, that is the Reality and these "Doorknobs" just cannot understand why their plots keep getting Quagmired, over and over again. It is not possible to keep duping the people with the same Illusion.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
While it is true islam is anti Christ in nature, it is not however anti God. If a person gets to God in whatever way, they should.

What needs to be addressed is the Hate, and willingness to harm others based on religion. Islam at present is the focus of hate and hate crime just as nuch as skinheads or anyone else that advocates harming others over beliefs.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time that Christians were part of hate and atrocities just as much in the past few centuries. Even they still get involved in abortion and other movements and harm others.

The important thing is to target these people who harm others and prosecute them in a fair court.

Rod Parsley has just fallen victim to the 'one better than the other pastor' crowd and feels the need to create controversy rather than focus on the message he has dedicated his life to deliver. John Wayne would have said that's whiskey talkin, but in this case that's ego talkin.

Mr. Mcain can find a better spiritual advisor. He should listen to Joel Ostein and work on the message of love.

It's a gross misconception that Islam is Anti-Christ.

JESUS WILL RETURN : www.jesuswillreturn.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
BS.

Like it or not, there is a war going on between various kinds of religious radicals and everyone else.

I'm not interested in your pathetic "kulturkampf", and I am perfectly willing to kill you in order to stay out of it. The enemies that concern me are the ones right here at home, issuing thinly veiled calls for genocide, and trying to drag me into their deluded, self-inflicted apocalypse.

Let Islam deal with it's own fanatical minority, and we will deal with ours.

Well Said, my Man....Well Said. Nicely Put.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Our nation is not against war, they are against the way this war is being waged.

War for war's sake is a kind of insanity.

9/11 was intended to bait USA into war and Bush took it hook line and sinker probably better than even Al Quaeda hoped for.

They want perpetual conflict. They want somewhere to vent their hatred and it was provided for them by people not smart enough to figure out better ways to tackle terrorism.

The point of war is not more war.
The point is to restore peace, prosperity and security and the war in Iraq has failed on every count.

It's also energised global insecurity and drawn Iran into a developing regional conflict. This whole conflict is destablising the world, crushing the US economy and giving militant Islam fertile recruitment.

Iraq has helped take the west's eye off real threats like Iran's nuclear weapon's project.

It has allowed North Korea to shift it's nuclear project to Myanamar.

Great victory that. More like an own goal.

What does this evangelist think will happen ?
Will all arabs, Pakistanis and Iranians somehow suddenly see the light and beg to be converted ... get real

CIA : Al Qaeda Never Existed : A Complete Fabrication (Video)
polidics.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaytan
While I don't want anyone to misunderstand me and think I support Christianity in any way, or like the idea of our government taking sides in a religious war, people who deny that Islam is a very negative force in the world are trying too hard to be open-minded. Look at the violence inspired by the actual words of the Qu'ran and over 1,000 years of radical tradition throughout the world. Do rational, peaceful people call for artists and writers to be beheaded because they somehow offended their sensitivities? Look at the way these people treat their own, especially women. It's a violent, restrictive faith that should not be accommodated and ought to be renounced. Constitutionally, it isn't up for our government to do so, but I think all decent people should renounce Islam and encourage more reasoned thinking amongst its practitioners.

The War against Islam :
www.ummah.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I see many posts here saying a belief similar to "Islam is the greatest threat to the West," or "Westernize Islam," or "Islam needs to update itself to the 21st century," when it's mentality like this that is the reason why Islamic terrorists are attacking the west.

They see people in the west trying to convert them, and no one can deny that this is happening. Though it is not an open religious conversion, it is a conversion based on "make them believe like us," and one based on politics.

We didn't go to Iraq to "find nuclear weapons," we went there to convert them to our belief. We wanted them to believe in the false guise of "democracy," when in fact it's not real democracy, but rather a means for corrupt political leaders to elect other corrupt political leaders, and make the public believe that they're in charge.

The reason there is such a great divide between the East and West is because the East has a long standing history of cultures that have withstood time, and the West has new beliefs that they're trying to use to spread around the world.

To those who agree with this man's views, who calls for eradicating Islam, you're no better than the people you believe in your minds to be evil.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I could not have said it better myself. People don't see the extremism on their end. They think they're doing themselves and their country a favor. When, in fact, you people are hurting the cause.

You cannot fight fire with fire, I don't know who came up with that, but it's BS. People need to pull back and take a look at the big picture here. And start fighting fire with water, because we need cool heads, and science is your friend.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Read this and you'll think twice about that "Islamic Center" down the road from your house.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

They plan to use these things to broadcast the Islamic prayer service over wide areas as a display of Islamic dominance over that area like they do in their own countries. These aren't radio broadcasts that you can turn off, either. They are broadcast on loudspeakers that can be heard for miles. There will be no way to shut them out of your life 5 times a day. Even retreating inside your home won't block it out.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by animekenji
Read this and you'll think twice about that "Islamic Center" down the road from your house.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

They plan to use these things to broadcast the Islamic prayer service over wide areas as a display of Islamic dominance over that area like they do in their own countries. These aren't radio broadcasts that you can turn off, either. They are broadcast on loudspeakers that can be heard for miles. There will be no way to shut them out of your life 5 times a day. Even retreating inside your home won't block it out.

We have noise ordinance, it won't happen. You can't just shoot out a prayer call at 5 am and expect people not to have it shut down. This won't be a matter of faith but one of courtesy to your neighbour.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I cannot begin to express how disturbing it is to hear a christian preacher say what Rod Parsley has. Nor can I express my embarassment that I live in the same state as him. The guy is a fruitcake. Plain and simple.

I cannot, and will not, claim to know everything about Islam.. however, I do know that both christianity and islam branched off from the same religion... judaism. The funny thing to me is... with the exception of some names changed (to protect the innocent or not so innocent?)... they are just about the same.

I guess this just goes to show that there are christian extremists as well.

Personally, I think everyone should shut up about everyone elses beliefs and worry about their own. Kinda like my dad use to say....

Clean up your own backyard before you start in on mine.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by animekenji

How is this any different than the church bells I hear going off every few hours, through out my day?

[edit on 16-3-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

We didn't go to Iraq to "find nuclear weapons," we went there to convert them to our belief. We wanted them to believe in the false guise of "democracy," when in fact it's not real democracy, but rather a means for corrupt political leaders to elect other corrupt political leaders, and make the public believe that they're in charge.

Well I detect that some fundamentalist Christians see invading Iraq as a prelude to biblical prophecy that the resurrection will come when Babylon is invaded from the North (by Iran ?).

I'm no friend of Islam. I do think it's a very medieval religion. When you read the suras they talk of slaying the non believers.

Still as I have said earlier it's pretty hard to tell them apart from the religious right.

Attacking Islam only makes it stronger. I don't see that the west has any moral authority to say that it's brand of insanity is any more admirable than the middle east's.

Nor do I condone 9/11 or the beheading of civilian aid workers and civil contractors. I think that is barbaric too. What the conservatives don't get however is the confrontational approach only strengthens radical Islam.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by winterass

Your links have no proof. Higher rates of accusation and conviction can be explained by racial bias.

you deny and ignore racism, i gave you facts and sources, how sad, you ignore racism.

i bet you also ignore the fact that minorities have the worst possible positions and lives in islamic lands.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by winterass]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I see many posts here saying a belief similar to "Islam is the greatest threat to the West," or "Westernize Islam," or "Islam needs to update itself to the 21st century," when it's mentality like this that is the reason why Islamic terrorists are attacking the west.

They see people in the west trying to convert them, and no one can deny that this is happening. Though it is not an open religious conversion, it is a conversion based on "make them believe like us," and one based on politics.

The reason there is such a great divide between the East and West is because the East has a long standing history of cultures that have withstood time, and the West has new beliefs that they're trying to use to spread around the world.

To those who agree with this man's views, who calls for eradicating Islam, you're no better than the people you believe in your minds to be evil.

wrong, you americans went their because Israel wanted you to fight for them.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
I'm no friend of Islam. I do think it's a very medieval religion. When you read the suras they talk of slaying the non believers.

Have you read them for yourself? If you did, you would see that they were specifically referring to the pagan tribes that were murdering Muhammad's people, and that the order to kill them had only been on the grounds of self defense, if the enemy were not willing to make a peace agreement and stop killing innocents. The Surrah also states that even in battle, if the enemy wanted to seek peace, Muslim have to accept it.

The Suerah you are referring to is Surrah 1:191, which is widely misquoted as "Kill non-believers." Here is the Surrah, along with what is written before and after it.

Surah 2:190-193 = Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers. If they refrain, then GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful. You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors.

I have previously explained the Surrahs non-Muslims have most brought up, as a means of using against Islam. Here:

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
3. www.abovetopsecret.com...
4. www.abovetopsecret.com...
5. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterass
wrong, you americans went their because Israel wanted you to fight for them.

Of course. That was the proposal made by the Wolfowitz Doctrine that Bush was forced to sign by Paul Wolfowitz, himself. The US was forced to enter to protect its interests, which includes safeguarding Israeli interests as well.

Because we entered, the US now has control over the oil, economy, and goverment/elections, giving Israel no more danger from Saddam.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

OK...Israel helps America how?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

We channel billions in weapon technology to their scientists, while they poison our democracy with their lobby groups. Sounds like a fair trade?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It does.
Just not sure who's side you were on for a minute there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join