It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

I was actually referring to mccain. It may have been confusing to see the "reply to" but I didn't direct any of that comment towards you.

Sorry for the confusion as there was no intended attack.

As for the sources, they present elements of the truth nonetheless. Perhaps you need to look at stories from a more objective viewpoint and consider both sides of the story before you call something 'leftist'.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You know this story, along with Obama's pastor story just breaking on Fox now leads me to the conclusion that religion is only a liability in politics. Unless youre going for the redneck vote like Huckabee did, it can only bring detriment to your campaign.

Not to mention, faith is a private thing. The president could be a scientologist for all i care... as long as the holds up the constitution and economy its all ok in my book.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't think i ever remember hearing news stories in previous election cycles about the canidates Spiritual advisors...

Im going to have to side with McCains Adviosor on this one.

Its time we open our eyes to the threat of Radical Islam.

We can't keep fighting this war with our leaders tied up, and our soliders have Lawyers fro NYU behind them questioning thier every move.

Our nation is not against war, they are against the way this war is being waged.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Our nation is not against war, they are against the way this war is being waged.

War for war's sake is a kind of insanity.

9/11 was intended to bait USA into war and Bush took it hook line and sinker probably better than even Al Quaeda hoped for.

They want perpetual conflict. They want somewhere to vent their hatred and it was provided for them by people not smart enough to figure out better ways to tackle terrorism.

The point of war is not more war.
The point is to restore peace, prosperity and security and the war in Iraq has failed on every count.

It's also energised global insecurity and drawn Iran into a developing regional conflict. This whole conflict is destablising the world, crushing the US economy and giving militant Islam fertile recruitment.

Iraq has helped take the west's eye off real threats like Iran's nuclear weapon's project.

It has allowed North Korea to shift it's nuclear project to Myanamar.

Great victory that. More like an own goal.

What does this evangelist think will happen ?
Will all arabs, Pakistanis and Iranians somehow suddenly see the light and beg to be converted ... get real

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Or was Congress and the American public baited and Bush was the one placing the bait? I'm just suggesting an alternative scenario here, don't want this thread to turn into a huge 9/11 debate.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
While I don't want anyone to misunderstand me and think I support Christianity in any way, or like the idea of our government taking sides in a religious war, people who deny that Islam is a very negative force in the world are trying too hard to be open-minded. Look at the violence inspired by the actual words of the Qu'ran and over 1,000 years of radical tradition throughout the world. Do rational, peaceful people call for artists and writers to be beheaded because they somehow offended their sensitivities? Look at the way these people treat their own, especially women. It's a violent, restrictive faith that should not be accommodated and ought to be renounced. Constitutionally, it isn't up for our government to do so, but I think all decent people should renounce Islam and encourage more reasoned thinking amongst its practitioners.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good people do good things. Evill people do evil things. It takes religion to get good people to do evil things.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by animal63

Nah...ever heard of patriotism?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No matter what they do, Islam is the only truth

I'll only say what the Lord said in the Holy Quran,

The Holy Quran,
Surah Fussilat Verses 19-33

And (remember) the Day that the enemies of Allah will be gathered to the Fire, so they will be collected there (the first and the last).
20. Till, when they reach it (Hell-fire), their hearing (ears) and their eyes, and their skins will testify against them as to what they used to do.
21. And they will say to their skins, &amp;amp;amp;quot;Why do you testify against us?&amp;amp;amp;quot; They will say: &amp;amp;amp;quot;Allah has caused us to speak, as He causes all things to speak, and He created you the first time, and to Him you are made to return.&amp;amp;amp;quot;
22. And you have not been hiding against yourselves, lest your ears, and your eyes, and your skins testify against you, but you thought that Allah knew not much of what you were doing.
23. And that thought of yours which you thought about your Lord, has brought you to destruction, and you have become (this Day) of those utterly lost!
24. Then, if they have patience, yet the Fire will be a home for them, and if they beg for to be excused, yet they are not of those who will ever be excused.
25. And We have assigned them (devils) intimate companions (in this world), who have made fair-seeming to them, what was before them (evil deeds which they were doing in the present worldly life and disbelief in the Reckoning and the Resurrection, etc.) and what was behind them (denial of the matters in the coming life of the Hereafter as regards punishment or reward, etc.). And the Word (i.e. the torment) is justified against them as it was justified against those who were among the previous generations of jinns and men that had passed away before them. Indeed they (all) were the losers.
26. And those who disbelieve say: &amp;amp;amp;quot;Listen not to this Qur'an and make noise in the midst of its (recitation) that you may overcome.&amp;amp;amp;quot;
27. But surely, We shall cause those who disbelieve to taste a severe torment, and certainly, We shall requite them the worst of what they used to do.
28. That is the recompense of the enemies of Allah The Fire, therein will be for them the eternal home, a (deserving) recompense for that they used to deny Our Ayat(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
29. And those who disbelieve will say: &amp;amp;amp;quot;Our Lord! Show us those among jinns and men who led us astray, we shall crush them under our feet, so that they become the lowest.&amp;amp;amp;quot;
30. Verily, those who say: &amp;amp;amp;quot;Our Lord is Allah (Alone),&amp;amp;amp;quot; and then they Istaqamu (stood firm in their deen) , on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): &amp;amp;amp;quot;Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!
31. &amp;amp;amp;quot;We have been your friends in the life of this world and are (so) in the Hereafter. Therein you shall have (all) that your inner-selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask for.
32. &amp;amp;amp;quot;An entertainment from (Allah, the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.&amp;amp;amp;quot;
33. And who is better in speech than he who [says: &amp;amp;amp;quot;My Lord is Allah (believes in His Oneness),&amp;amp;amp;quot; and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: &amp;amp;amp;quot;I am one of the
Muslims.&amp;amp;amp;quot;

Now think twice, you racist murderers, come to the truth, come to islam, leave this BS becouse its ur easy way free ticket to HELL FIRE, and it aint no fun...........out and yah muslims and Arabs are not extremists, all we want is to live free in are lands, and peacefully, couse islam is peace, but you Stole are lands & killed are ppl in the 1st place.....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

...people who deny that Islam is a very negative force in the world are trying too hard to be open-minded. Look at the violence inspired by the actual words of the Qu'ran and over 1,000 years of radical tradition throughout the world. Do rational, peaceful people call for artists and writers to be beheaded because they somehow offended their sensitivities? Look at the way these people treat their own, especially women. It's a violent, restrictive faith that should not be accommodated and ought to be renounced. Constitutionally, it isn't up for our government to do so, but I think all decent people should renounce Islam and encourage more reasoned thinking amongst its practitioners.

Jaytan I am no apologist for Islam and personally I view it as a narrow minded religion. When I listen to the religious right however I can't tell the hate and the bigotry apart.

Thing is, there are people in Islamic countries who dislike radical Islam too.

Now the west has a choice. Be smart or be stupid.

If you make the war on terrorism a war against all Islam then you play into the hands of Al Quaeda. They will turn around and say

"Look brothers... The western crusaders are out to destroy our values, our culture and our society."

And the moderate voices in Islam would be drowned out by the same voices urging hatred in their counries as those here on this website urging hatred against Islam here.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Does Islam need to transform and come into the 21st century... bloody right it does, but it will not transform in a positive way if you bash all of Islam.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The opening makes it sound like this preacher was making these comments while McCain was standing there cheering him on.

I don't ever care to read this guys books, but I have to wonder if, when he says destroy Islam, he means kill all Muslims, or destroy the religious ideology, because there is a big difference. Chances are that his talking about the latter. The guy doesn' t like Catholicism either, and I doubt he is calling for genocide of all Catholics.

Being that this McCain supporter supported GW over McCain, I highly doubt that he is McCain's spiritual adviser.

While the war in Iraq is not supported by a majority of Americans, the war against terror is. Most Americans consider that Muslims attacked the U.S. on 9-11, and numerous other times unprovoked, and the reports of Muslim aggression around the globe hasn't bolstered the image of Muslims in the eyes of the U.S. and the world.

Personally, I am for what ever it takes to stop the spread of the Muslim cult, and end their aggression around the globe. In addition, every thing I have seen from the Muslim world tells me that they plan on converting everyone in the world to Islam, which means Muslims want to destroy Christianity and all other competing religions, so what is the problem here?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The thing I hate is how McCain calls out Obama for making statements about wanting to bomb Pakistan. If I remember correctly, wasn't McCain just giving a speech a couple months ago to a bunch of american war veterans including the phrase "Bomb Bomb Bomb. Bomb Bomb IRAN"..? (to the tune of barbara ann) Sounds pretty hypocritical don't you think?

-ChriS

[edit on 14-3-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The evil man does is never done so willingly and exhaustively as when performed with religious conviction.

The country is now divided, half patriots, half triators. And no one can tell which one is which.
=Mark Twain

Does anyone ever stop and think that all the divisiveness that war causes is exactly the intent of those who started it. Imagine a country thats as wealthy as the United States completely united against any foe, or problem you can think of. Unstoppable. But when divided, only the bidding of those in control will be done, not the will of the people. There will be no progress unless we embrace the real problems and the real interests of our Nation. Embrace the will of the people, turn our government back into an istitution for the people, by the people. Our leaders are not to be religious pundits and legislate morality. There must be a seperation of Church and State. Its scary when two of the top stories of the day are about presidential candidates and their religious clergys preachings.
Islam embraces religious government and law. Can we afford to let the same happen here. Religion should remain a personal choice, not a politcal one. What is more divisive than religion? What prevents progress on almost all fronts, political, scientific, social? What has cost more lives and caused more conflicts? What has been so twisted, so manipulated by those in power that whole cultures have been subverted?

Treahcery and misfeasance committed by the religious faithful throughout history is a an ugly stain on the fabric of humanity.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is probably one of the only worthwhile posts made in this thread.

People in America are so brainwashed into being PC, they'd stick up for someone holding them at gunpoint. These people largely want death to all Americans, yet all Americans give them is sympathy. They have no problem with you dying. Guess what? You shouldn't have a problem with them dying if that's the case. Islamic fundamentalists are the #1 threat to America and the American way of life, yet anyone that denounces these people are labeled "bigots" and "racists" by the left-winged nutjobs that control our Congress, media and, therefore, the brains of most Americans. This once-great nation has gone completely suicidal, and it disgusts me. There shouldn't be a single American in this entire nation that has any sympathy for Islamic fundamentalists.

Understand the term "Islamic fundamentalists." These are the people that are the most devout Muslims, and these are the people that want you dead the most. FUNDAMENTALIST is the key word, here guys. Islam as a religion is a religion of conquest. It has been spread throughout the world by spilling the blood of millions of innocent people. It is not a peaceful religion, contrary to what the nutjobs at the ACLU tell the media to tell you.

This is what happens when the youth of our nation gets their news from Jon Stewart. You're breeding a nation of morons.

PS: I hope none of you criticizing this guy plan on voting for Obama. His wife and pastor are two of the most blatantly racist people I've ever heard of in my entire life. Maybe some of you like the idea of voting for a guy with a racist wife and friends, ties to The Weather Underground and who gets a lot of their campaign money from Saudi Arabia. You Obama supporters are probably the same people that get their news from John Stewart.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

It's a sad comentary about how blind the american public is,man that a fantatic like that is a close adviser to a presidental nomine.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Man they sound just like a mullah. Destroy that which I hate...ummm? Maybe that was the same kind of rhetoric that started this whole thing in the first place, how did these politicians end up sounding just like the people they want to get rid of?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BloodthirstyCapitalist

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
I hear Allah is a moon god, can anybody shed any light on that?

Yes, its been studied and confirmed that if you happen to pass allah on the freeway, he will indeed put his ass on the glass as you drive by.

Incredibly disturbing.

I dont care who you are.....thats friggin funny!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is probably one of the only worthwhile posts made in this thread.

People in America are so brainwashed into being PC, they'd stick up for someone holding them at gunpoint. These people largely want death to all Americans, yet all Americans give them is sympathy. They have no problem with you dying. Guess what? You shouldn't have a problem with them dying if that's the case. Islamic fundamentalists are the #1 threat to America and the American way of life, yet anyone that denounces these people are labeled "bigots" and "racists" by the left-winged nutjobs that control our Congress, media and, therefore, the brains of most Americans. This once-great nation has gone completely suicidal, and it disgusts me. There shouldn't be a single American in this entire nation that has any sympathy for Islamic fundamentalists.

Understand the term "Islamic fundamentalists." These are the people that are the most devout Muslims, and these are the people that want you dead the most. FUNDAMENTALIST is the key word, here guys. Islam as a religion is a religion of conquest. It has been spread throughout the world by spilling the blood of millions of innocent people. It is not a peaceful religion, contrary to what the nutjobs at the ACLU tell the media to tell you.

This is what happens when the youth of our nation gets their news from Jon Stewart. You're breeding a nation of morons.

PS: I hope none of you criticizing this guy plan on voting for Obama. His wife and pastor are two of the most blatantly racist people I've ever heard of in my entire life. Maybe some of you like the idea of voting for a guy with a racist wife and friends, ties to The Weather Underground and who gets a lot of their campaign money from Saudi Arabia. You Obama supporters are probably the same people that get their news from John Stewart.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

AMEN!!! Glass the #$%^ERS

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that this pastor Parsley may not have been calling for the killing of all people who are part of Islam, but rather the eradication of Islam itself? What I mean is that it is possible to get rid of Islam (or any religion for that matter) through means other than killing. Brainwashing, torture, propaganda, education, missionaries, literature, etc., the list goes on. There are plenty of non-violent methods.

I'm not backing up this Parsley guy in any way. I just wonder if he is misunderstood is all. Honestly, the guy makes me sick. What happened to Christians practicing tolerance, love of thy enemy, treating thy neighbor as thyself? I think this guy needs to get his head out of the Old Testament and understand the peacefulness that Christ portrayed. Coming from an ex-Christian, it's people like this who used to (and still do) make me sick to be associated to the religion and played a part in driving me away through their blatant hypocrisy and disregard for basic Christian beliefs and teachings. Why thousands of people call this guy a spiritual leader, and go to hear him preach on a weekly basis, boggles my mind.

I imagine McCain has to realize that taking on such a controversial adviser would shine some negative light on his campaign.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Like it or not, there is a war going on between Western Culture and Muslim Culture, and everytime Muslims call for death of a Western journalist for criticizing Muhammad, or making fun of him, they are attacking our way of life. Every honor killing is an attack against Western culture, and we need to find a way of protecting Muslims who desire to mix with our culture. This is the starting point.

Even while the people of the Middle East enjoy the great wealth they have gained from their underground oil reserves, which they did not create, and were in fact discovered by, and developed by the Western World, they want to constantly criticize our culture and our ways. We could have easily kept control of the vast Mid East oil reserves through our far superior technology and military might, but we chose to do what we thought was right, and give control of the oil under their nations to the people of those nations. All the wealth that they enjoy was created by the technological advances of the West, yet they continue to attack us.

Europe opened itself up to immigration from the backward third world nations of Islam, and how is Islam rewarding us? By attempting to take over Europe in a population birthrate race. By isolating themselves from the people of the nation that hosts them, and provides them with welfare, and stirring up trouble and intimidating people where ever they feel that they can get by with it.

Islam is a dangerous cult that needs to be stopped.

Islam is attacking out culture at every opportunity, and fighting back is exactly what we should be doing. It is time to wake up to this reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join