It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah I doubt McCain necessarily endorses this guy's views, frankly he simply knows he has to kiss the Religious Right's behind if he wants to get elected as a Republican.

McCain is a million miles from my ideal candidate, but he's no George Bush, and even Bush has publicly renounced the whole "kulturkampf" idea...

Still, it's disturbing to see this kind of hate propaganda disguising itself as Christianity, then again it's not unusual, historically speaking, and there's plenty of hate propaganda disguising itself as Islam as well.

It's a human problem, not one exclusive to any particular group.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It would be nice to see McCain denounce him, publically. If he doesn't agree with him and he is not his spiritual advisor, it wouldn't take long to make that clear and dispel any doubt.

Just an opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
offtopic, but anybody else can't help but think Mccain looks like a chipmunk?

Anyways.

The sad thing is I think Mccain actually believes what his advisor said.

Here comes another holy war

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

He says he thinks America should be in Iraq for another hundred years. I don't know if McCain would pursue an outright genocide, but apparently he has no problem with the Arab world being ground into the sand by the jackboots of American occupation.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Do it.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Ha! As the old saying goes, "men have tried, and men have died.."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You see this is exactly the kind of thing that will keep us engaged in a bloody war of attrition for generations. And I'm sure McCain doesn't care as long an American "Interests" are protected, right? This kind of thing is what is going to destroy America. America is what it is because of persecution, and religious intolerance, and now here we are pandering to the very thing our Founding Fathers fought and died for.

This is not my America, the America I fell in love with is lost in the muck of propaganda and bigotry.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hatred destroys itself.

It's kind of impudent for this evangelist to claim he and his faith are the one and only truth. What ever happened to love thine enemy, or doesn't the teachings from the bible count for anything ?

If the religious right wasn't so full of it's own hatred and intolerance it might have noticed the recent elections in Pakistan where the general population has rejected radical Islamist parties.

The Chinese General Tsun Tzu would have expounded on this by suggesting you let your own enemies destroy themselves.

My personal view is that many muslims in the East are as fed up with the hatred of Islamic radicals as we in the west are with bitter intolerant evangelists

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To quote the artist Immortal Technique:

"I see no difference between the wrong and the wrong."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthsetfree2009

So what are we supposed to do with that?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

No he just looks like a Hitler always pointing that little finger of his. At least Hitler wore clothes that fit him. Did you notice how he always wares the big jacket so he don't look so small? I am a Republican and I cant stand this guy. He will start WWlll and he is going to be worse than Bush if he gets in. I say Obama has my vote and if he turns bad on us I say its time for a revolution. I say we here at ATS find if he was in anyway at fault for the Forestall incident and if we can prove that his daddy covered it up for him then we should call him out.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So what are we supposed to do with that ?

Understand Chromatico.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I am all for dealing with Islamic terrorism, but there is a right way and a wrong way. The right way is to encourage Muslims society to reject it.

Al Qaeda was not in Iraq when invaded, but came in with Fayadeen after the collapse of the Ba'athist regime. Obama has the right idea to withdraw from Iraq and deal with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

The situation in Iraq is now a civil war in which Iran has got it's grubby fingers too.

I'm no fan of Iran either, but staying there is not the solution.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

That's a good response but actually I asked someone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Have you listened to the rhetoric of Obama's supporters?

I haven't read Parsley's book, nor am I ever likely to, but Obama's hate-filled supporters are all over the TV news "in their own words."

Elements of Islam are at war with all other religions and we need to take that seriously and stop denying it.

Chinese Muslims were just exposed in China as planning an attack on the Beijing Olympics.

It should also be remembered that the Constitution protects the practice of one's religion, so destroying Islam is out of the question.

Islamic communities have been shown so far to be largely loyal to America.

It is true that militants can hide in their midsts, but in at least a couple of instances, terrorist plots have been exposed by community members.

This news source is prone to alarmist content that is very short on evidence.

Some direct quotes from Parley's book would make the case much more effectively than just making some otherwise baseless accusations.

[edit on 2008/3/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

People find any reason to kill eachother.

Why fight fire with fire.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I live in the southeast of the us.
A red state for sure.
I think i'm the only Democrat here.
So i have friends who try to convert me or piss me off ( havn't figured out yet)
with right wing email.
You would not believe what these people are sending out.
I got one the other day talkind about how an islamic person could not be a true American.

It gave a whole list of reason's sorry i deleted it or i would post it for you to see.
The stuff on that email was absolutley insane!
I can't talk to too many people about pollitics in my state for fear of physical harm.
I crap you not!
This country is starting to really get freaked out!
I'm actually thinking of picking up and moving to a blue state lol.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don't understand your post.

Fire is fought with fire in a concrete sense, because it works.

I can't seem to find a connection to anything in my post.

[edit on 2008/3/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

The sites you listed were

1)Drudge Retort? Seriously? A cheap little throw-together blog, that you're trying to pass off as the slightly-more credible Drudge Report? Golly, that sure does confirm EVERYTHING.

2) Motherjones.com If there was a nuttier left-wing site, Ariana Huffington would have to be editing it somehow.

I've checked the other links provided by another poster, and there are credible (CBS) sites that report on Rod Parsley, but not with the headline "McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam". Liberal sites are playing up the relationship between these two.

I'm no fan of McCain's, but the libbies should at least make an effort to cover up their obvious bias, and yellow journalism.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

Ditto goes for the nutty Christians who are as extreme as the Muslims (yourself included).

[edit on 3/13/2008 by biggie smalls]

Please, elaborate on what you mean by "...nutty Christians who are as extreme as the Mulims (yourself included)". Exactly how am I nutty? Are you saying that I'm as dangerous as a terrorist? Try to actually own up to your words, and express yourself like an adult.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Isn't there a law against this in the US?

Here in the UK this guy would be arrested for inciting racial hatred!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join