It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

McCain's advisor: Destroy Islam

www.presstv.ir

Televangelist Rod Parsley, a key McCain ally in Ohio and his spiritual adviser, has called for eradicating Islam as a 'false religion'.

Senator John McCain hailed Parsley, as the Ohio megachurch pastor called upon Christians to wage a "war" against the Islam to destroy it.

Parsley in his book "The 2005 Silent No More" in a chapter titled "Islam: The Deception of Allah," warns there is a "war between Islam and Christian civilization."
He also calls Islam as an "anti-Christ religion", urging the US to launch a new crusade to eradicate Islam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I hope the endoresments of people just like the one in this article keep coming in for McCain. It provides great fodder for the upcoming GE and seriously brings up topics for which most Americans would find themsleves adverse. If they keep coming this way the movement that started in 2000 against GWB, union busting, pro-corporate, anti-tolerance, anti-GLBT and anti-intellectual which has only gotten stronger since has the baility to be a full fledged movement with serious merits. It is amazing that this pastor does not see the hypocrisy in his statemnts against Islam as the same extreme that he is preaching against. However it is not surprising that he has found ears for this type of talk as many people feel lost in our current culture.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Does the article say John hailed Rod while Rod was saying this? What does it mean to hail someone?

Senator John McCain hailed Parsley, as the Ohio megachurch pastor called upon Christians to wage a "war" against the Islam to destroy it.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
What does it mean to hail someone?

To give praise to someone for something they did or something like that.. Kinda like how people cheer at a football game or some crap like that..

Its virtually the same thing just a different word.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

McCain will have to answer for this kind of thing. Does Parsley have an army of missionaries to go convert everyone? I believe he is calling for genocide of Islam.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I believe he is calling for genocide of Islam.

Sounds like they both believe in the same power - the God of War - just for different reasons. McCain wants the same foriegn policy agenda of Bush/ Cheney in order to continue the corporatization of the middle east. Parsley just sounds like a paranoid schitzophrenic who wants to shape the world according to his insane dellusion.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
McCain has all of these psychopathic and corrupt advisers and endorsers, he is the strongest supporter of the war out of the candidates in a nation with a people whom are strongly opposed to the war, and he is supported by the Bushes who have very low approval ratings, yet he won the Republican nomination.

If ever you wanted to know just how stupid the people are in this country, look no further than them nominating a guy who is the opposite of the majority's views on many major pressing issues.

It's just funny that Ron Paul gets bashed and discredited for receiving $500 from a racist that runs a website. Yet McCain's adviser is calling for the destruction of Islam, and not one peep, not one smear campaign, not one negative comment, and not one attempt to discredit John McCain is being made by the mainstream media.

Lets see...

Racist Website...

Destruction of Islam...

Racist Website...

Destruction of Islam...

Oh yeah. The racist website is much more threatening. My bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This is scary because they see us as "altering the words of God, or the bible."

Thats enough to want genocide! Lol.

I hear Allah is a moon god, can anybody shed any light on that?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

Has been answered here

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Holy unreliable source batman!

Even if those comments were made, im an ignorant idiot and id be inclined to agree with them.

Edit: McCains spiritual advisor apparently. McCain isnt the religious type, so it doesnt matter one bit. His "irreligiousness" is the reason Huckaberry even had a chance.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
it matters not, he will not win the presidency, even alot of the rank n file military wont be voting for him, lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hell ya destroy islam man maybe mccain the war monger wouldnt be a bad thing. Hell if hes gonna attack isreal ill vote for him.

war with isreal the first war I agree with.

im starting to love mcaain.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
While it is true islam is anti Christ in nature, it is not however anti God. If a person gets to God in whatever way, they should.

What needs to be addressed is the Hate, and willingness to harm others based on religion. Islam at present is the focus of hate and hate crime just as nuch as skinheads or anyone else that advocates harming others over beliefs.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time that Christians were part of hate and atrocities just as much in the past few centuries. Even they still get involved in abortion and other movements and harm others.

The important thing is to target these people who harm others and prosecute them in a fair court.

Rod Parsley has just fallen victim to the 'one better than the other pastor' crowd and feels the need to create controversy rather than focus on the message he has dedicated his life to deliver. John Wayne would have said that's whiskey talkin, but in this case that's ego talkin.

Mr. Mcain can find a better spiritual advisor. He should listen to Joel Ostein and work on the message of love.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

It was also repeated here
and can also be found in Parsley's book. We need no more proof.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Come on, seriously? The ONLY place that this particular story has been "reported" is on nutty left-wing sites and anti-American Iranian sites (such as the one the article links to).

This guy might have declared himself to be a McCain supporter, but I very much doubt that McCain actually considers this nut to be his "spiritual advisor". I haven't found any other articles that list him as such, except for this same article that is repeated over and over by liberal websites (Huffington post anyone?).

Nicely done OP, you've begun carrying water for biased left wingers, and nutjob Iranians.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

Yes, its been studied and confirmed that if you happen to pass allah on the freeway, he will indeed put his ass on the glass as you drive by.

Incredibly disturbing.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

news.google.com...

Yeah, the article posted is the ONLY website that has reported it. Stop being ignorant, and actually look # up before you start making wild accusations.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is anybody really surprised that the advisor of the guy that says we will be in Iraq for 100 years said this?

Hell, I'd be afraid of Mccain in office. He might get a PTSD episode and decide to bomb Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

No actually this story is being reported on multiple news sites.

Drudge source

McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam

I cannot tell you how important it is that we understand the true nature of Islam, that we see it for what it really is. In fact, I will tell you this: I do not believe our country can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam. I know that this statement sounds extreme, but I do not shrink from its implications. The fact is that America was founded, in part, with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed, and I believe September 11, 2001, was a generational call to arms that we can no longer ignore.

Pure propaganda from the religious 'right' (aka fascist). These people are literally insane, talking to "God" in their heads, and spewing hate about other religions.

Hypocrites.

You call yourself a follower of a religion of peace, yet you have no problem inciting fear and hatred towards those who follow a different religion of peace.

He continues with his blasphemy:

There are some, of course, who will say that the violence I cite is the exception and not the rule. I beg to differ. I will counter, respectfully, that what some call "extremists" are instead mainstream believers who are drawing from the well at the very heart of Islam.

Yeah...

Ditto goes for the nutty Christians who are as extreme as the Muslims (yourself included).

McCain, if this man is your spiritual advisor, I'd hate to see how you actually feel.

Nutjob.

[edit on 3/13/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I see. So, that must mean that Obama's really a Muslim because of this endorsement?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Barack Obama is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Its minister, and Obama's spiritual adviser, is the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. In 1982, the church launched Trumpet Newsmagazine; Wright's daughters serve as publisher and executive editor. Every year, the magazine makes awards in various categories. Last year, it gave the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness." That man is Louis Farrakhan.

Maybe for Wright and some others, Farrakhan "epitomized greatness." For most Americans, though, Farrakhan epitomizes racism, particularly in the form of anti-Semitism. Over the years, he has compiled an awesome record of offensive statements, even denigrating the Holocaust by falsely attributing it to Jewish cooperation with Hitler -- "They helped him get the Third Reich on the road." His history is a rancid stew of lies

Everyone has people who shout for them even though they may not want it. That guy is not McCains spiritual advisor nor would I think you see him in his cabinet if elected. The guys is a fruitcake

[edit on 13-3-2008 by esdad71]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join