It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all you "know it all's"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You sit there behind your computer blabbing on about the war and about innocent people being killed, and most recently now the story about the 10 year old iraqi girl that was killed....

Now some of you are saying how horrible it is and that the soldiers who did this should be jailed, well you are such big men talking like that aren't you...

Typing away at your keyboard passing judgements about things you have no clue about...

Did you know that the jihad or whatever they are called actually put these kids there in order to ambush US soldiers ?

I bet the kid doesn't want to do it, but she is going to do what her parents or elders tell her to do isn't she ?

These jihad [snip] COUNT on the US soldiers killing that little girl, so they can take pictures and put it in the news and say look....look what you Americans do to our people...

but what the hell is a 10 year old iraqi girl doing standing next to the road in the middle of nowhere while a US convoy drives past....

I think those US soldiers have had more than enough experience about what happens when there is one lonely little kid standing in the road waving at them 100 miles from anything...Ambush!

Mod Edit: Removed Racist remark.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow got racism?

Look man I don't care what these people teach their kids. This war in Iraq is because of false bs.. Kinda like your post there..

I don't care how you justify this aggressive act of war to no ends.. It still don't fix the point that is was an aggressive move on our part.

Saddam had no intentions on starting anything with us or anyone else..

Actually we can see the same garbage being pushed now against Iran.. Inst that something..

Next time you wanna make a point leave the racism out of it. cause it makes you well.. Look at my sign 1st line.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I can see this post going south real fast..

Hope you enjoyed your stay on ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vimes
Now some of you are saying how horrible it is and that the soldiers who did this should be jailed, well you are such big men talking like that aren't you...

Yes, yes I am a bigger man. If we are to "protect the free world" we'd better act like we come from one also. We have to have the higher standard, show that we represent a "better" world. Incidents like the one you refer to is no good PR and to prove that we regret and feel ashamed for this, the guilty should be punished. Nothing wrong with that.

Typing away at your keyboard passing judgements about things you have no clue about...

I get what you mean, but my following question would be: do YOU have a clue? Maybe you've been over there?

Did you know that the jihad or whatever they are called actually put these kids there in order to ambush US soldiers ?

Jihad means "holy war" it is not the name of a specific group of people. PLEASE do some research, it will give you more cred in the end.

These jihad [SNIP] heads COUNT on the US soldiers killing that little girl, so they can take pictures and put it in the news and say look....look what you Americans do to our people...

And they fell for it. It's too easy.

I think those US soldiers have had more than enough experience about what happens when there is one lonely little kid standing in the road waving at them 100 miles from anything...Ambush!

I just wish that their experience would say: "killing kids- not good, not good at all..."

Mod edit: Removed Quoted racist remark.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just a quick reminder of the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use that we all agreed to abide to when we signed up here.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Vimes this is not a way to make an educated point.

On substance, it would be better to put points across that:

1. That children can be and are used as soldiers
  2. That was an iranian news source- unreliable
  3. The girl may have been signalling bombers
  4. Liberals always criticize the military, what else is new
  5. There is a lack of trust in the current American army's explanation of things

By being obnoxious you just drive people away from your viewpoint.

Sorry to lecture, but youre giving people who support the war a bad name.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Although everyone is jumping on the OP's racist remarks and making this post moot - the dude has a point.

OP - try to contain your anger when you post, you've made a valid point but because of the way you've spoken, you've given your target audience ammo with which to fire at you.

The world has become an environment of offense, people are constantly offended, this isn't PC and that isn't PC, this is racist and that is racist. To be honest, it's quite annoying - people are taking things way to seriously these days. Nevertheless, be that as it may - let me hold my tongue before I too join you in the corner.

Just try be a little more eloquent next time because I believe your point is very valid, that is typical war tactics. Although the Iraq war is wrong to the bone, they are most definately using the American Media as an ally - by doing exactly what they've done.

But try remember, they're only doing this to get the occupation out of their country, by using the media to gain support from the people.

furtherermore, byaaaah!

[edit on 13-3-2008 by mortalengine]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ok, yeah i was a bit angry when i wrote it, and even knew when i posed it i could have said it better.

But i stand firmly with my point, weather or not the war is illegal, I am just standing up for those guys who have to be out there fighting this government war they don't even want to fight, they don't want to die, they have friends and family, and if i was out there i wouldn't take any chances either.

I bet if you look back to the beginning of the war you wouldn't hear about little kids being shot on the side of the road, it only started happening as the "terrorists" started getting desperate, so they took drastic measures and changed their tactics.

We saw this with IED'S, there weren't any at the start of the war, but the enemy adapts and learns and looks for weak spots..

Well they thought to themselves, what better weak spot than the life of an innocent child......or the death of a whole US convoy in the ambush

JAK

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think the issues raised here can be legitimately included in the ongoing discussion here
This thread will therefore be closed and members wishing to comment further requested to contribute to the thread linked above.

Thank you,

Jak

[edit on 13/3/08 by JAK]

new topics

join