It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does My Browser Keep Auto Refreshing on ATS and not other Websites? Is This Big Brother????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Lol it's on autofresh setup by the sites programmer. Go to cnn.com and see the same thing happens about every 3 min. or so. Nothing major, just a nice way to get the page fresh.

That and cycle any advertisements the website may contain.

To the OP: If it makes you feel any better I noticed it too.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
my firefox browser refreshes everytime i choose a different tab. and with hotmail it just returns to my inbox. why is it refreshing?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I have the same problem on a computer I assembled about a month ago.. the page auto refreshes for no reason.. I suspect malware but have not been able to dig it out with numerous software programs.. It is not a "nice" way to refresh the page as you suggest.. It is very annoying as a matter of fact... you try reading text for a minute or so only to have the page refresh and lose your place over and over.... If you cannot suggest a solution to the problem why are you commenting?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
actually, this has been happening for years now.

i made a fraps video a while back (not for ATS) which captured it happening.

as stated, its intentional coding by ATS. a look in the source code will show you it.

to the OP, have a week or two off from this site. The burden of knowledge is getting to you.

Bigmoose

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I am so glad to see you are back!

Your profile is still locked.

Welcome back!!!

I was having some trouble with things yesterday on site and cleared my cache and it fixed things.

Edit to add:

Only problems here today are that my avatar has disappeared and there is a post delay!

[edit on 12-10-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I try to go on ATS with my ipod touch's safari browser and it just refreshes over and over again. It is really quite annoying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join