It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's a wolf, its a panther, no its a..... what the heck?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Looks like a dog wolf hybrid with a case of mange.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

If you do compare that picture you gave to the c2c one, there are similarities. Let's start with the muzzle. The c2c one does seem to have a wider muzzle, but that might just be the angle. Both pictures show a muzzle with orange-red on the top and white on the bottom. And both pairs of ears seem to have the same orange-red color, with the white hair on the inner part of the ear.
The belly does seem a little pudgy, but it could simply be the fur covering the arch of the belly, or it could be pregnant. If you look at the picture of the healthy coyote, the fur covers most of the shape of the belly.
As for the legs on the c2c picture, I think they look like a coyote's legs. The elongated look is identical to that of a coyote. Wolves have that too, but I just don't see 'wolf' in the c2c picture.
Oh, if you look at the point that the neck ends and the chest begins, there's a definitive line and divot of the fur in both pictures. Wolves have it too, but it's not nearly as noticeable.
Edit: Picture of a wolf where the neck to chest divide it noticeable. Wolf

[edit on 17-11-2008 by AquilaCat]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'd say it has the exact face of a coyote but body seems a little big. Could just be a weird angle or an illusion from the patchy mange (thanks for pointy that out eaglewingz)

Anyone who thinks it looks like a cheetah or Lion though has obviously never seen one. LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
please, this goes out to the people who just STRIVE to believe that this is something WAY more extraordinary than it is.. This is nothing more than a wolf or coyote, or hybrid with mange, not a god damn cheetah, nothing that I see in this photo says CHEETAH, it looks like what it is, a dog.. I almost # myself when some guy actually AGREED that this looked cheetach like, but I do give him credit cause he even said it just looks like a wolf.dog.coyote with mange

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
wow... all of you guys are mentally retarded... minus those who claimed it was a wolf suffering from mange.
wolves have rounder ears than regular dogs, rounder softer ears, if you take a gander at the GIANNNNT paws... you'll see the immense size of them and think, wow... big paws... which are commonly found on wolves... right?
it was a starving wolf- or a wolf with fleas and tapeworms, causing an enlarged abdoman/chest... maybe heartworms, or something idk- and it had mange. simple enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
From watching all the coyotes that raided my trash cans growing up I can say with some conviction that that is a emaciated coyote. the trot, the way it's head turns but the body keeps going in one direction. the ears especially so. they are ticking out because the animal is distressed. Poor animal. feel bad for it. looks like it's not eaten in a while and has some mange. probably dies a week or so later if it hadn't gotten some good food and shelter. the people taking the picture should have left some food out for it to eat.

Coyotes get a bad rap in general. so what if they eat annoying small dogs out of people backyards at night. those same annoying dogs keep me up all night with their high pitched yapping. glad when the coyote does me a favor.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is a mixed bread no doubt, how this came about is simply to the nature of an animal, however it has been know of a dog and or cat to act out sexually if they could ever give birth to a black sheep or rather lack for better words a freak of nature as one may call it was not known I suppose the question has now been answered.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
How cool is that!
What an amazing shot!
I so hope it isn’t cgi!
The thing is the back legs - especially - look like deer legs - the conformation etc is very deer like - but - the buff around the neck really isn't deer like at tall - though you can almost see deer in the face...
Hmmm...
I hope to hear more on this one!
S&F!

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 26-12-2008 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

Definitely not a Maned Wolves. The tail would be different (even if it had mange) and the ears would be bigger.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It doesn't look threatening to me. I'm on the dog/coyote hybrid with mange.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It almost looks like a mix between a coyote and wolf. I live in Utah, where both are in abundance. It looks familiar, yet totally different. So, yeah, I'd say it's a form of Hybrid.

P.S:It's a possibility for mange, but I highly doubt it. I'm not judging anyone who's dealt with mange on a pet or other animal, I'm just saying I doubt it.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by Dragonfriend]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join