It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's a wolf, its a panther, no its a..... what the heck?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, like the update said under the photo, its a coyote. I had to hunt a few, because they were eating my grandpa's chickens.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Looks like a coyote with mange. I used to live in So Cali and have seen plenty coyotes and mange is a common ailment that makes them look extremely bizarre. Very like that photo.

It's size is peculiar, though there isn't concrete comparisons in the photo. Could be a wolf/coyote hybrid, which isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Or it could be a giant hellborn, man-eating beast of doom. Your choice.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Other than the fact it looks exactly like a coyote with mange, I have no idea?

From the angle and it being even with the top of the bumper of the truck behind, it looks to be the size of a small German Shepard sans hair. I've seen Coyotes in half a dozen states and it looks the right size for a flatlands area. I had one in Nevada get close enough to my Lab I could tell it was larger. The biggest I've experienced.

The head size I think is an illusion due to the remaining fur on its front quarters.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think its a crossbreed of wolf,dog,coyote and maybe cougar
reminds me somehow on a fox too but the tail is very weird
the animal looks very cool though

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
not sure if posted before but the nose if differant to a coyote. coytes noses seem
very pointy and narrow wheras this aimals is wider.

looks a bit like a wherewolf, or it is a dog/coyote mix with a fracture neck?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There is definitely some wolf in those things, just by the looks of their faces, or its face. It does resemble a feline, but I highly doubt that, as felines would have a much longer tail than that. I would say it's some wolf mixed with coyote with a ton of mange. Poor things.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It is a wolf that has mange.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Some of you guys are just fricken retarded! it's a coyote/largish dog hybrid with an acute case of mange and a killer case of worms... literally. the poor things dead by now. theres' nothing you can do once an animal gets that bad, except maybe put it out of it's misery...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's just a coyote, I mean sure, it looks weird, but sometimes animals just look strange, you have to accept it. Some humans look weird, do some not? So why can't other animals look odd or out of place?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's a Kiwi, for sure. Those aren't ears, they're vestigial wings. Odd, I was sure they didn't occur in North America

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Look at the picture again, and read the comment right at the bottom of the page. The person who took the picture admits that it is a coyote with mange.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The back half, and the front shoulders definitely look feline to me. The other parts look not quite canine in appearance, but more coyote like.

The body just looks "wrong" somehow, in a way I can't quite put my finger on. And I do not mean the weird fur either, I'm talking about the proportions.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That thing is soooo huge!!!!!!! Half wolf, half mountain lion.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
[edit on 9/22/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dude, that thing is weird
It looks like some kinda cross breed. The tail looks like a cat tail to me though.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
It is a wolf that has mange.

Not a Wolf. People often make that mistake if they are not familiar with them. That is a normal Coyote that has the Mange.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've done a fair amount of research into canids, and spend a lot of time around a relatively local wolf-ranch.

The creature is definitely canine and suffering from a mild but advancing case of mange.

However, its proportions are off, which could indicate a case of some development issues.

Additionally, the specimen is a little large to be a coyote. . .

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i say coyote with mange, it ears are the give-away. Imagine it with ears pointing upwards? Its clearly not in a good way, but its definately not a wolf or dog. Infact it looks exaclty like the evil coyote's from the lion king

IMHO

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Looking at the photo after stumbling on it in a search, I am very intrigued. Having lived not to far from Milwaukee for most of my life, I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that. Just Imagine what that could do to my sheep. :/

As far as what it is....The face makes me think deer. In a strange canine sort of way. And am i the only on to notice the belly? it doesnt look like it arches up like that of a canine. It looks more like the belly you'd see on a feline...

www.pets911.com...
Look at the belly...

www.koze950.com...
and now look at that belly.

And compare those to the picture of the creature. Its a little hard to see what with the branches, but it definitely has a more feline pudge to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It's very unusal indeed!!

If you look at the hind quarters and legs they are much thicker than a dog or wolf. It resembles the thickess and shape of a lion (female one).

The head does indeed look a little too small for the rest of the body.

It looks like a cross breed between the dog and big cat families.

It also looks freaky too especially with that hair do!

Isn't there any Zoologists that can confirm what animal this is? regardless of whether this is suffering from Mange.

P.S.

Here's a pic of a Coyote:

dnr.state.il.us...

Notice the difference?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Jinni]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join