It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's a wolf, its a panther, no its a..... what the heck?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I saw that on C2C and got to looking at it. I think it is just some funky mutt with mange. It looks pretty old as well, but the ear thing isn't so abnormal. As a dog groomer I have seen some funny mixed breeds and this reminds me of of a Scottish deerhound with mange. If it had it on it's ears as well and happened to turn it's head or was listening for a sound then it's ears would stick out funny like that. The funny curve to it that gives it a slightly feline look is a look that a lot of hounds have. Google Scottish deerhound and look at the images, looks very similar.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That's a coyote suffering from mange. Sad cause when they lay in den with others that got it too or the mom and pups soon you got a whole colony of em.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I, too, am from the Milwaukee area and agree with what Spiked has posted. It would have been helpful to know precisely where along the Milwaukee River this shot was taken.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
OK, so I know this isn't Skunk works forum, but it is the Mythical Beasts forum, and I just wanna put it out there: if lycanthropy were real, I imagine a post-change werewolf to look pretty similar to this things. I'm worried about being flamed, so I don't wanna push the point, but just imagine for one moment the possibility that werewolves do exist - could this be a pic of one? Obviously it isn't cos they don't, but if they did, do you think they'd look like this?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'd agree with the people who say canine, furthermore...I'd agree with the coyote peoples. And still more, I think mange might be involved. It's definitely not feline guys, I mean c'mon. Great picture though, the creature looks weird. but nothing more than a (sick?) dog.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rexpop

I don't believe in werewolves, and I stand by my post...BUT, I'll admit, I thought the damn thing reminded me of a werewolf.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Am I the only one who sees a real proportional problem with its head? It seems so small for a canine breed with such a big body.

I for one agree with that aswell, first time i looked at it i fought it was some sort of dog with mange but then after more inspection it does look wierd in proportion...

Just doesnt look right at all whatever it is!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I showed the the photo to my husband, he has hunted all over the United States. He thought I was trying to pull a fast one on him. He doesn't believe that it is a dog or coyote with mange. Hi first impression is that the photo has been altered. (just his opinion, not based on in depth photo analysis)
Just another 2 cents,

Skip

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

There are only Cogs and Dats.

However I have seen a cabbit, or rather was gifted with one. I returned it to the wild and the next day some one I knew found it at their door and took it in. Got tired of hearing what the h*ll is that?

I suspect it was a severely deformed feral cat in all seriousness.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ok, so I'll admit that it LOOKS kind of like a coyote, but it is just too damn big to be one. I've seen plenty at my farm house and none got within 20 lbs of that guy. Its body is massive. This is an 75-90 pound animal IMO, and coyotes (in my region) just don't get that big.

Here is what a person said on the C2C page

FROM C2C

For another take, Daniel S. writes: "I was born and raised in Montana. I've literally seen thousands of wild coyotes, and this is WAY too large to be a coyote. In my opinion, it's a large mix-breed dog. Maybe a German-Shepherd-Wolf hybrid? Tens of thousands of those in America today."

[edit on 3/22/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Totally canine. I would put my money on a coydog. It's too large to be a straight coyote, but its features are not very wolflike - And a wolf in Milwaukee is a sort of oddball concept anyway. And yes, its butt is bald - mangy goodness.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It is an alien transport unit, most free roaming animals end up being a taxi service for these apodal beings.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's a coyote with sarcoptic mange. It says so right on the C2C site now.

Oh, and Debris is now going on my ignore list. I can't take it anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here are some more images of coyotes with mange for reference.

www.montanatrappers.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

www.cryptozoology.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
It's a coyote with sarcoptic mange. It says so right on the C2C site now.

Oh, and Debris is now going on my ignore list. I can't take it anymore.

That is the opinion of a person who visited the site. They are no more sure of this than anyone else on this board.

And debris continues to entertain.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

True, we don't know for sure, but I've been around coyotes my whole life and the first thing I thought upon seeing that picture was that it was a coyote with mange. It could definitely be something else, but I'd think along more conventional lines first.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Am I the only one here who seems to think this is NOT a coyote sufferring from mange, that this IS a completely healthy animal that for some reason screams WEREWOLF at me?

I do know though that this is most likely a cross breed of some dogs...... but those ears intrest me. It seems to be lowering itself, as if afraid, alert, or defensive. The ears are too big and too feline.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ok.. I don't know the location but could it be a zoo or some sort of wildlife park? Note the caption 'eight legs' and the first thing you think is, four legs and the rest are trees. I think NOT.

I think this is a male and a female Lion. The female is standing behind the male and they are both looking at each other. The males head is turned away from the camera and the females head is semi visible looking in the direction of the camera creating a distorted image of what looks like one head but is actually two combined. save the pic and zoom in and it does look very lion like.

That's my view anyway

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Hey there 50/50, respectfully I can tell you from the experience of having been there myself a multitude of times, and living here about all my life - that is not the Milwaukee County Zoo nor the Lions Enclosure. Trust me,
Its much much better looking than that.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Hmmm fair enough.. not much chance of it being Mr and Mrs Leo then? If it aint lions then i'm stumped

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join