It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's a wolf, its a panther, no its a..... what the heck?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok. didn't know an appropriate forum to post this in, so i posted it in this forum, the one i always post in. found this on C2C. it looks like a dog, but then again it looks like a cat, i don't know wtf it is. Any ideas as to what animal this could be????

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Looks like a type of dog-wolf mix.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah I would say a wolf and a dog breed got together and had alittle introduction meeting...and the results...speak for themselves..

Weird lookin...thats for sure..

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
am i the only one that notice feline features to this animal. the ears number one. the arch of the back number two and the structure of the legs scream feline to me. except the face. i own 2 cats and am around cats often and see some features of this animal as definitely feline. Anyone else see some cat in that weird fu@#$% ?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

The odd appearance of the face and tail is due to the animal suffering from mange.

Hard to tell exactly what brand of canid it is, though.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

ok. i could see that. how big would you say that this animal is. it seems to be fairly far away yet it seems like it is rather large in appearance. Anybody have the ability to gauge the size of this animal? I would say it is at least 3 ft high and 5 ft long. but like i said i am nowhere near an expert. Anyone care to asses?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was hoping that this would be one of those Arkansas dog beasts but this thing is alarming looking enough I suppose. I would guess it is a stray Irish wolfhound/mix? with mange or possibly a coyote/wolf mix with mange. A cougar would have a longer and thicker tail and large leg muscles for leaping.

werewolf?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm guessing its a cheetah from the looks of its black nose, tufts of hair sticking up on its back and the rump/tail area, yup.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
dog, cat. catdog? It does kind of look like a cheetah. but then again it looks like a friggin dog. this is so confusing. anyone out there figured out the size of this thing at all?

If it is a cheetah, what the hell is it doing in the north where their is a lot of snow. is there a zoo up that way? have they recently lost a cheetah?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It's probably lost or got loose somehow. Perhaps feeding it some meat (as a simple act of 'kindness') a might lure it for an upclose snapshot. In the meantime, maybe calling animal control might 'help'.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I say it's a coyote. A bit foxlike in the face I suppose, but it looks bigger than a fox, and the tail isn't right either.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think it might be a Transilvani wolf. It most likely a Maned wolf.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Almost does have that Werewolf appearance doesn't it? In reality, it is either a Coyote or Wolf suffering from Mange. I cannot tell which it is, as I have no scale to determine its size, but it is one of the two no doubt. Mange is such a sad problem amongst wild animals, as it strips them of their insulation and protective barrier, better known as their fur. Without this layer of protection, they will undoubtedly freeze to death, and in warmer climates die of heat stroke. The condition is caused by Parasitic Mites which burrow into hair follicles, causing them to die off and fall out. Domestic Animals can also suffer from the same ailment, and often do when neglected and abused. It can however be treated and cured, but unfortunately for wild animals, they will most likely succumb to death as they obviously receive no veterinary treatment.

Here is a Timber Wolf with the lower half of the body having succumbed to severe Mange:

Here is a Coyote who had extremely severe Mange over its entire body. Fortunately a Hunter shot it dead, which in all reality saved it from suffering:

Here is a comparison between a Normally Furred, Healthy Coyote, and a Sick Defurred, Manged Coyote:

Last but not least, take a look at these Two Wolf Pups suffering from Mange. They actually look very similar to this "creature" photographed in Wisconsin:

[edit on 3-13-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
am i the only one that notice feline features to this animal. the ears number one. the arch of the back number two and the structure of the legs scream feline to me. except the face. i own 2 cats and am around cats often and see some features of this animal as definitely feline. Anyone else see some cat in that weird fu@#$% ?

Those ears are definitely canine, not feline. Felines of that size have rounded ears, not pointed, and their ears are smaller in proportion to their heads. It also has a smaller nose than a large cat. I do know what you mean by the way it is creeping, but someone with Photoshop should overlay some fur on this thing, and see what we come up with then. I still say a Timber Wolf or Coyote suffering from severe Mange, but I do acknowledge the very valid observations you have made.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That is one ugly tail, resembles that of a rodents sorta! Could just be an old animal going through aging to though

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, I aint no expert in the animal kingdom. But I am from the Milwaukee area. And I know that it wouldn't be uncommon for a stray to be out there by the Milwaukee river as theres all sorts of garbage littered in some areas. This looks like its by the railroad tracks too. I hate too admit it, but there are parts of this town that arent very pretty

There is a possibilty it could be a coyote, we do host a rising deer population in the city limits with a dense park system nearby. Coyotes are very common in the South Milwaukee area as well Franklin and Oak Creek. Personally though, I think its a sick dog whose been on the loose for a while. Look at the tail, it doesnt look normally healthy and its face/head looks kinda mangy. My opinion.

spikeD.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just a dog...

There are many possible reasons why the hair would be standing up on it's back.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Very good eyes and very intelligent diagnosis.

I would guess that it is a coyote they are very stay close to the habitation of people as they can scavenge and eat stay or run away pets. Most missing pets end up as coyote food without doubt.
Looking at it again it might be a large coyote or a large dog with similar features. There are several breeds of dog with ears shaped like that as well as the raised/humped shoulders.

Raist

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees a real proportional problem with its head? It seems so small for a canine breed with such a big body. Mange simply can't account for the body shape and real disparagement in posture to that of another canine.

Kind of looks like it could be that thing that was walking up the hill by that lady's patio when she took a snapshot of it. (Sorry I can't find the link)

Not that I am a believer that they exist, the first thing I said when I saw that picture this morning was "Werewolf!" Certainly looks like a cryptid, cause I have never seen anything like it. Is it the long lost Thylacine?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Am I the only one who sees a real proportional problem with its head? It seems so small for a canine breed with such a big body.

Skimmed the whole thread looking for someone else to say this.

I know coyotes. I know dogs and wolves. This animal has a very strange head for it's body size. It doesn't look like a dog or wolf or coyote, doesn't look like a case of mange either.

I can't say what it is but I do know that genetic crossbreeds are out there and that whistleblowers involved with genetic research have spoken about this. Whenever people see an animal they can't explain, the possibility of genetically engineered specimen is real...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join