It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the Human Birth undergo mutation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I was watching the hills have eyes part 2 and apparently the mutants in the movie that look like mutated soldiers kidnap females for reproduction and actually showed a scene in the beginning of a normal female giving birth to a mutant. So if the father is mutated (physically disfigured - only core intelligence) do those same traits carry on to the new born. I would assume so. if soldiers coming home from Iraq suffer from venereal infections and it is sexually transmitted and typically children share the same attributes of parents then why don't parents start pumping steroids into their children.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sure humans can be born mutated, and yes it can be caused by outside influences.

Just look at babies that are the victims of their parents being exposed to agent orange, among others.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The baby gets half the genome of the father, and half the mothers. So yes, if one of them is a 'mutant', it does inherit those traits.

Thats the basis of evolution.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by First Sergeant Kent A. Tr
if soldiers coming home from Iraq suffer from venereal infections and it is sexually transmitted and typically children share the same attributes of parents then why don't parents start pumping steroids into their children.

I am not sure that I understand you correctly, but sexually transmitted diseases are not usually passed in vitro or genetically, in fact if left untreated they can cause infertility or miscarriage. Even HIV is not passed from the mother to the child in pregnancy, if transmission occurs it is usually during the birth or through breastfeeding.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It'll also depend on wether the traits are dominant or recessive.If the mother or father is unmutated, and their traits are dominant, they may override the traits of the mutated genes from the other parent, however those traits would still be present in the genes.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by First Sergeant Kent A. TrSo if the father is mutated (physically disfigured - only core intelligence) do those same traits carry on to the new born.

No. Remember that soldiers coming home from the war with missing legs or arms or even Gulf War syndrome have normal children afterwards.

I would assume so. if soldiers coming home from Iraq suffer from venereal infections and it is sexually transmitted

...but the children only get this if the mother has the infection (untreated) while she is giving birth. If she gets the infection (from the father) while pregnant and is treated, the child doesn't get the disease. Basically, it "smears" itself on the child during the birth process.

Physical attributes aren't fixed in stone. Diet and other physical factors can change (slightly) how tall you are, how heavy you are, and whether you actualy get certain diseases.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by First Sergeant Kent A. TrSo if the father is mutated (physically disfigured - only core intelligence) do those same traits carry on to the new born.

No. Remember that soldiers coming home from the war with missing legs or arms or even Gulf War syndrome have normal children afterwards.

I would assume so. if soldiers coming home from Iraq suffer from venereal infections and it is sexually transmitted

...but the children only get this if the mother has the infection (untreated) while she is giving birth. If she gets the infection (from the father) while pregnant and is treated, the child doesn't get the disease. Basically, it "smears" itself on the child during the birth process.

Physical attributes aren't fixed in stone. Diet and other physical factors can change (slightly) how tall you are, how heavy you are, and whether you actualy get certain diseases.

new topics

top topics

join