It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't seem to get the password recovery feature to work all the time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have been having problems with the password recovery system. When I have been trying to recover my password it has sent me the password but the password didn't work so I had to ask for another one and then those passwords wouldn't work either,. Then I had to use the password recovery feature many times until I actually got my password.

Can someone tell me

1. How I reset my password

and

2. Why that keeps happening?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Must be alzheimers...

Seriously though, why not install a free firefox browser and let the browser remember for you ?

I never worry about passwords on firefox.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

I use firefox but I didn't save my password because I didn't know that I could do that before. How can that be done?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by sy.gunson

I use firefox but I didn't save my password because I didn't know that I could do that before. How can that be done?

Firefox normally prompts you when you input it. Either by a pop-up in ver2 or in beta3.? it has a nice little reminder bar below you bookmarks bar that appears.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

That actually works? I've been thinking that it was a scam and that was put there to look nice. I've never actually tried the function firefox has of remembering passwords.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
On my real account, I made the mistake of logging out of ATS and could not log back in with the password provided... Tried the password recovery thing, and that password did not work either.. Won't take the system generated password for my account. Am Using Firefox 2.0.0.14. I just hate to start over with post one again.

So whats up with that????

Any help seriously appreciated.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I suggest:

-Delete cookies

-Flush/Clear your browser's cache

-Make sure you use the correct Caps for your username, in my case Hellmutt with a capital "H"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah i'm having the same problem. i'm new to the site and totally glad to come onboard though.

top topics

join