It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist says neutron stars, not black holes, at center of galaxies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

For the past 50 years, black holes have been all the rage. Now, a University of Missouri-Rolla researcher says they never existed. Published by Physorg.com
[url=http://www.physorg.com...]

I've always wondered how with a black hole at the center of the galaxy, you have so much exspansion and light instead of contraction and darkness.
This may be the answer.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would like to point out that the article posted is over 2 years old. Recent studies shows that stars are not exploding outwards, but rather orbiting at high speeds around an unseen high gravitational force, thus the black hole theory.

That is my understanding at least.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
We have seen the radiation jet from a supermassive black hole from the center of galaxy's.

Neutron stars are "dead", usually remains of massive stars. They are pretty small because the protons and electrons create neutrons and it can compress well because no opposing magnetic forces. They also have no internal fusion anymore. So anything they gave off, could not sustain a fusion reaction. They do not give off light. We can detect them because the escape velocity is about half the speed of light, so they do give off powerful radio signals. (pulsars) They have a max of about 3 solar masses. What we have seen at the center of galaxy's are up to a million solar masses in an area about the size of our solar system; far to much for a neutron star.

join