It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people in the world do NOT understand the word 'Rascist'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I just got off of a webcam/microphone conversation with a dear friend of mine. He is getting his 2 yr. docterate, and he insists that there are multitudes of Mexicans that don't understand the word 'Rasism'.

I had asked him repeatedly, 'How many Mexicans are we talking about?

He had cited many references and yet, it still begs the question.

How many people don't understaned what 'Rasism' means?

Are there THAT many people living in this world, that are NOT privy to the goings on of the 'outside world'?

I had agreed with him, and had stated, that there ARE many individuals abroad, that are either - not technologically advanced enough, to comprehend the severity of the issue, or the fact that people are too remote - outside of communicating society - to provide an adequate response.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Isn't La Raza (The Race)pretty racist?
How could some people not understand that the Spanish metsistos(sp?)
and the native indigenous tribes have had trouble with racism FOR a LONG time?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You got it ClearSkies

La Raza (The Race), More importantly, the Mexican Race.

This group is the equivilent of the KKK, or the Black Panther Groups.

But rememebr to be nice, if you question anything about them, then you are the Racist.

And back on to the OP, i just don't know what you are trying to get across... are you saying that Mexicans are so much more socialy advanced that they can't understand Racism... or are you trying to say that Mexicans are so dammed dumb that they cannot comprehend what Racism means???

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

are you saying that Mexicans are so much more socialy advanced that they can't understand Racism... or are you trying to say that Mexicans are so dammed dumb that they cannot comprehend what Racism means???

I had implied neither. Only stipulated what came about in a conversation with my friend, and that he had a 1st hand account of this 'behavior' when he was teaching in Mexico.

He had also cited a few sentences for me, from what I had believed to be an 'out-dated' source book. He got rather miffed at the fact that, I was challenging his teaching 'text-book materials'. Just because something was written down in a book, doesn't mean that it is 'gold'.

I asked him whether he thought that ALOT of Mexicans were 'privy' to what Rascism means, and how did he come to that conclusion in the first place? Because he 'read it somewhere'? Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me.

If one is thinking on becoming a teacher for their profession, it stands to reason, that one must continually update their teaching skills and related textbooks, otherwise, this person would be guilty of promoting 'stereotype' thinking.

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

join