It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gullible world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
1/ Do you believe your government is being honest with you on day to day matters?.

2/ Do you believe your government is being honest with you about taxes and government expenditure?.

3/ Do you believe your government is covering up the UFO topic with disinformation?.

4/ Ive read hundreds of posts and replies here on ATS and on other sites about: Conspiracies, Cover-ups, Aliens & UFO's , ..... etc etc

If you believe that the above 4 questions are true, THEN WHY do we ( the public) need the governments word that Aliens and or UFO's are real or not?
its clear to me there not going to concur with us on the matter FULL STOP.

Every time someone in this world spots a light in the sky and reports to the media, the first thing we all do is try and get the government to explain it , they in turn get the air force to explain it then they claim it to be a weather balloon or a strange looking cloud or if its an alien walking in someones back yard and they film it with an infrared camera they say its a kid in a fancy Halloween costume, how do they (the government) know, were they there? did they film it? then in the case of it going to the media we the the public
have to assume the gullible stance WHY? cause the government said its not real........and we have to believe it.. here in my country the older generation
and my parents are part of that generation, believe in the old saying:

"If you cant trust your government then who can you trust"

what are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
something for you all to ponder and think about while you all decide if your going to answer to this tread or not cause it has the word " government " in it

Our so called "world leaders" aren't really "world leaders" their really just PUBLIC SERVANTS..... nothing else....they need our VOTE to remain on the gravy train

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Public or Private servants? That's a big personal dicision. That is if you believe the government actually lets the people elect them into position.

I choose not to decide, therefore I have made a choice!

On any government votes that is

[edit on 12-3-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

To be honest mate, it's hard to know who to trust. Certainly not the governments and sadly, quite a few of 'us' so called normal folk. It's hard to find people who have never lied in their lives, nor carried some agenda even if it's simply an egotistical pursuit.

In this rapidly evolving technological age, the boundaries have become even more blurred as the Photo-shoppers & YouTubers of the world indulge themselves in the futile pursuit of one-up-man-ship.

The line has never been more blurred, and our net - never so full of holes.

Short of a mass extinction event, I see no way to start afresh and remove the diseased limbs of humanity.

As my signature says:

So futile are we - the ripples - forever pursued and consumed by the Big Wave

InfraRedman Out

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by ST SIR 86
1/ Do you believe your government is being honest with you on day to day matters?.

2/ Do you believe your government is being honest with you about taxes and government expenditure?.

3/ Do you believe your government is covering up the UFO topic with disinformation?.

4/ Ive read hundreds of posts and replies here on ATS and on other sites about: Conspiracies, Cover-ups, Aliens & UFO's , ..... etc etc

If you believe that the above 4 questions are true, THEN WHY do we ( the public) need the governments word that Aliens and or UFO's are real or not?

These are yes and no questions. What do they have to do with the truth?

Every time someone in this world spots a light in the sky and reports to the media, the first thing we all do is try and get the government to explain it , they in turn get the air force to explain it then they claim it to be a weather balloon or a strange looking cloud or if its an alien walking in someones back yard and they film it with an infrared camera they say its a kid in a fancy Halloween costume, how do they (the government) know, were they there? did they film it? then in the case of it going to the media we the the public
have to assume the gullible stance WHY? cause the government said its not real........and we have to believe it.. here in my country the older generation
and my parents are part of that generation, believe in the old saying:

What generation is that?

"If you cant trust your government then who can you trust"

what are your thoughts?

Do your parents even trust each other?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Your missing the point....the point is for example

The Roswell NM story ..... The WHOLE world accepts that a ufo crashed
there in the 1940's..... ok so what! It happened..... But the only organization
in the world that actively denies rosswell happened is the USA government.
we the rest of humanity keep chasing the USA gov for an answer and they aren,t going to give it ..... And to this very day 61 YEARS after the event they still wont confirm it... Now if they did then this whole topic of Roswell will stop then humanity can move on.... The whole world says that there seeing lights in the sky moving so fast that they cant be explained.... but until the USA gov
publicly announces that yes they do exist .... the whole world wont believe.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Do your parents even trust each other?

what has this got to do with the original post??????????
or are you just trying to insult me?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If, by "UFOs" you mean stuff that flies around that nobody can quite identify, then I don't have any problem with that, because there is enough documentation by enough different sources to move that over into the "accepted" column. I have no doubt of our ignorance.

However, if by "UFOs" you mean extra-terrestrials, then it's not so much that I need the government to verify it. I would like there to be a consensus among qualified, disinterested scientific organizations that UFOs actually represent the vehicles and activities of aliens. But we don't have that. And without that, for all I know they're time traveler ships. Or a physically manifested projection of the collective subconscious. Or something maybe so weird that we don't even have a conceptual category for it.

Because it's not just a matter of eliminating all the possibilities and saying that it couldn't be anything else but aliens. That only shows an incredible lack of imagination. Unless we know for positive sure that it's aliens, "we don't know" is still an option, and the best option, to boot.

If every legitimate scientific study of UFOs came up with the same answer, then the government would have to go along with it. The government is not the ultimate word. It's always been scientific consensus. That would be good enough for me and them.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

If every legitimate scientific study of UFOs came up with the same answer, then the government would have to go along with it. The government is not the ultimate word. It's always been scientific consensus. That would be good enough for me and them.

then why do people and the media keep asking the air force what it is flying around up in the sky?

ill be back in about 1/2 hr from the time stated above

[edit on 12-3-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

then why do people and the media keep asking the air force what it is flying around up in the sky?

Dude - because you seem to have trouble accepting peoples answers (why bother asking for said opinions), may we put the question to you?

BTW - Roswell is by no means an open and shut case!

In your ultimate wisdom - why then?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The Roswell NM story ..... The WHOLE world accepts that a ufo crashed there in the 1940's

I doubt that the rest of the world would accept a crashed UFO based on American news coverage. Besides, during the cold war, UFOs were used as an explanation to cover up real military experiments/missions.

we the rest of humanity keep chasing the USA gov for an answer and they aren,t going to give it

Maybe nothing extraordinary crashed there?

Now if they did then this whole topic of Roswell will stop then humanity can move on....

I don't understand, to what are we going to move on to? I doubt all of our problems would be solved overnight - actually, confirming it could make things worse.

The whole world says that there seeing lights in the sky moving so fast that they cant be explained.... but until the USA gov publicly announces that yes they do exist .... the whole world wont believe.

The "whole world" doesn't believe in it because of two factors - there is no physical evidence that we are being "visited", and that the scientific community simply doesn't see anything "in it" (the study of UFO's).

Now, I see UFO's as a kind of "common fact", if you will, to the US government. It's just like Area 51, everyone knows it's there, but it's a secret, so to speak. I see the US government denying the reality of UFO's just as they wouldn't go out and say that there are no ghosts, people are just crazy, or that there is no God, etc.

I think there is a reason for this too. If UFOs have, in the past, interfered with nuclear sites, or in flight missions, among other things - would the US government come out and aknowledge that some "force" beyond them can interfere with nuclear weapons? That, in reality, the military has no control over it's weapons? How would this situation look during the cold war?

But even if UFOs have never interfered with nukes, or with any military personnel or veichle, it still leaves the civilian population. My point here is that, if the US government would comes out, they would basically say to the American people that they have no way of protecting them.

So, if there is one or the other cover-up, I just see it as covering information (in the form I've described above). I just don't think the "conspiracy" is as big as many would believe.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sorry i had visitors

Mate, its your opinion that i seem to have trouble accepting peoples answers,
mate if i didn't value your opinion i wouldn't be asking for your thoughts
and i wouldn't be asking any questions either.

Roswell it could have been an open an shut case yeah 61 years ago maybe , too late now though too many people know that there were basically two famous opinions as far as i know.

How big do you think the backlash would have been back then to what it would now, i think more so then than what it would be now. Through Hollywood entertainment we have traveled to so many places and seen some wacky creatures and distances, I herd of time warps and 60,000,000 light years!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

it's kinda simple. at least in the states, the main religion of christianity does nothing for the common individual to attribute life to any other planet but this one. if their religion would say aliens exist, they'd believe it, but it does not. this leads them to the next highest authority...the government, knowing at least a little of its corruption and not caring. they just want some authoritative answer one way or the other.

also, we who believe in aliens would love to see the government eat its own words and admit they are wrong. it's mental and individual victory against the stupidity of the national authority.

new topics

top topics

join