It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futronic's FS88 Fingerprint Scanner Detects Difference Between Live, Dead Fingers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Say goodbye to those lousy movie plots where some girl that looks like Jennifer Garner cuts off a high-ranking execs' finger in order to gain access to some room. Futronic's latest FS88 fingerprint scanner is not only FBI approved, but it can detect the difference between live and dead fingers. As an added bonus, it can even reject fake fingers that are made out of play-doh, rubber, or other materials people make fake fingerprints out of. No pricing yet, but the unit comes with a USB cable and an LED-illuminated scanning window, meaning that your home office just got a lot fancier (and secure

So I guess noone can chop your fingers off and use your fingerprint to access your login. Interesting.

www.gizmodo.com.au...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
right, because we don't have any sort of technology that also keeps things alive, that should otherwise be dead? I am very skeptical, especially considering the only testing they could have done would not have been repeating any real-life scenario I can imagine.

also, this:

while the company does not claim it outright, the implication is that the device will also reject dead and/or severed fingers.

new topics

join