It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldiers kill 10-year-old Iraqi girl

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kanati
reply to post by BlueRaja

That makes not sense. The difference being I would be at my home. The American soilders are in their home so you would be implying the American soilders are the intruders at my house. That would mean the soilders want to rob or do harm to Iraq people.

Which post were you responding to, as I have no idea how to respond without the context?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

This wasn't freakin' off target or some stray bullet. They aimed and fired. And killed a child. Not justified by any stretch. No wonder those people hate us.

Have you been following this story/thread? The child was killed when soldiers fired a warning shot- the soldiers never even saw the child before they fired.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Its terrible that this little girl was killed, however it is nothing more than another casualty; collateral damage if you will. There have been many scadals that have occured with US soldier (ie abu ghraib and that incident where they raped some little girl) and that will not be forgiven or forgotten, however you must understand what we go through over there. There are reports of children who will pretend to be hurt on the roads and when the convoy stops, they destroy the trailing vehicle and it traps everyone in a deathtrap.
So I doubt that child was "just waving" or saying hello; evidently she must have used a form of signal or something that was awkward and suspicious. Many people dont know what we go through (and for those who do, im sure you understand), when those bullets start flying your entire world just stops; a 3min long engagement last forever. It may sound selfish but i love myself too much to just let myself die because people back in the States can not understand or comprehend the situation that I struggle through each time I'm deployed.
If i feel like my life is threatened in any manner i will defend myself to my fullest extent. And I would not allow people who have never had to choose between their own life or another's to tell me that my judgment is wrong. Hopefully I did not offend anyone and you guys will read this with an open and understanding mind.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

in the end, it's all about the Here and Now!! When you start killing children then it's all about the justification and gang violence. for talk is cheap!! for sure, it wouldn't be done, by even Lucifer; that is from Karma and spontaneity, the outcast of the outcasts!! We can all see who is killing who!! just open your eyes, its right in front of you, zen, but then again, so far away!
We all have to live with this murder!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You know, I find it funny how you can all sit here and say what you say... You have no idea what its like for these soldiers over there. You only see what is in the news. You have no idea! You try being sent over there getting mortared everyday and shot at and tell me if nothing will look suspicious to you. Truth is these people are using women and children as their little decoys..straaping bombs on them and using them for spotters. The service men and women do what they have to do to survive out there. They are trainied very WELL for situations like that and would not kill an innocent little girl without enough reason. When you are in the middle of a hostile nation like that...trust me ...everyone is not your friend. The soldiers have to be constantly on their toes. Soldiers have DIED because they see little kids and women on the side of the road doing funny things and no one does anything.(next thing you know a freeaking bomb gfoes off that was either strapped to the women or kid or that id detonated by them)...research it before you pass judgements people. Or enlist and go over there yourself and let us know how you did.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
well I cannot defend the death of a child I can defend that soldier by saying all evidence points to the fact that it was a tragedy an accident and nothing more. from the more comprehensive article it seems the soldiers were running convoy ops and that the soldier took a warning shot at someone who was exhibiting suspicious activity seems extremely reasonable the soldier now maybe the soldier should have used hand and arm signals first maybe he did and it just wasnt reported at least thankfully he didnt use pyro as thats harder to aim and could you imagine how much worse had he set the woman or the child on fire with a pen flare or star cluster. no the soldier took a shot at a berm a reasonable target not the deck or a wall that would have caused a ricochet or into the air where he would have no clue where the bullet came down but into a berm where I suppose in my opinion and it is only conjecture the soldier believed the round would get buried. it is unfortunate that the berm was too thin to stop the round and a child was behind it. the worst part i think is that a foot to the left or to the right that child would be alive so there you have it on my so humble opinion an accident.

as to gang members in the military there have always been gang members in the us military many a civil war vet on the union side started out as a member of the bowery boys or the dead rabbit gang and I suppose there were revolutionary soldiers who started out in the local gangs in philly or boston. one of the great things about the military is that it gives many a second chance at life. I bet if you talked to some of the vets in your community you would find a few who raised hell as kids young adults joined the armed forces straightened out and became law abiding contributing members to society

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join