It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldiers kill 10-year-old Iraqi girl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Well I thought we could have a "grown up" conversation, but apparently stray emotional responses will rule the day on ATS.

If you want a grown up conversation explain yourself. How do you excuse the death of women and children? Suspicion?

Are you saying that killing a girl because you are 'afraid' of her waving her arms is not an emotional response?

Hmm... I guess being paranoid, afraid, and shooting little girls is being reasonable.

Last time I checked, we do not send soldiers to Iraq to be afraid of little children. We do not send them there to shoot people out of suspicion. In fact, we didn't send them there at all. Other people decided that we needed to go to Iraq despite all the faulty intelligence. And now these people are excusing the murder of children on the basis that 'war is hell'.

Agh. Hope fades. I should retire from this thread for now.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Before you guys start bashing our troops and flipping out on each other....just check the source of this "INCIDENT"! It's an IRANIAN news website...so I wouldn't be to quick to jump on the title or info of this article to quickly. Just read some of the other articles and you'll see what I mean.

At this point IMO...this source isn't very trusting or reliable!

And NO...for you people out there who are ALWAYS looking to bash the US (even though you live here) I am not saying the shooting of a 10 year old is justified...so don't twist my words!! Can it be...unfortunatly yes in dire situations...but as i said, this "SOURCE" is Iranian...a little tough to just read and believe.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
'Let the bullets fly"

Who is this elusive "enemy" we keep hearing about. Is this Al-Qaida or is it the Iran "insurgents"?

It is truly amazing the tactics that average people will utilize when a foreign country "invades" them and starts killing them.

The man "even the average man" who has nothing to lose can be a very worthy adversary.

"Do not get involved in foreign entanglements" too little, too late. The damage has been done, now let us eat our cake.

Next stop Iran "Shock and awe?" "Shame and Dishonor"

And I served my country so deal with it.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

An OBVIOUS reason? Where do you get that? They said they felt she posed no threat. They "thought" she MAY BE signaling someone. All speculation on their part. Since when do you shoot someone because you "thought" they may be doing something suspicious. In wartime or peacetime. I have seen people doing suspicious things before, and in no time have I ever thought to shoot them. What if a cop killed someone because he sensed the person was calling for an ambush behind him. Is that just as justifiable in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

So wait because a source comes from Iran it is bad...but from the US it is right? If anything the US mainstream media is the most corrupt out of any media I have yet seen. They flip more stories then flipper himself.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I am an Iraqi and I used to live there. It was actually a nice place to live once. Now it is worse then LA.

Well, you're probably right about that, but now if you had said Detroit......

Back to the topic!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Its amazing how you came to this conclusion even though that isn't even close to what he said.

Anyway, perhaps if you view this thread and video maybe you will begin to understand what our enemy in Iraq is doing.

www.usatoday.com...

Here is some more concerning our AQ and their actions in Iraq,

edition.cnn.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Bombings, clashes and a shooting in Iraq Tuesday left at least 48 people dead, and another 20 bodies were found in a mass grave, police officials told CNN.
Police and a local citizens group found five children, six women and nine men in the grave, just northeast of Samarra.

Authorities said the victims were kidnapped at least two months ago by al Qaeda in Iraq. The victims were blindfolded, bullet-riddled and bound, with some showing signs of torture, officials said.

Families working with the Iraqi government or security forces have been targeted by militants.

So while so many are jumping up and down and chomping at the bit to put down the US and decry (rightfully so BTW) the death of this young girl, you should also be noting how barbaric AQ have been, especially towards innocents and non-coms and children. Or is your rage reserved only for the US??

Be honest

apc

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of relying on Iranian news sites to get truncated information about US actions in Iraq...

They were not shooting at the little girl. They were firing a warning shot at a woman. The woman was who they were concerned about signaling. The little girl getting shot was an accident.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In its statement, the military said that "coalition forces fired a warning shot into a berm near a suspicious woman who appeared to be signaling to someone while the soldiers were in the area. A young girl was found behind the berm suffering from a gunshot wound."

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Remember though, these bombings never started until the US invaded! Go check your history it was all under Saddam's thumb which we were much much more happy and free.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

It is unfair to shout that everyone against this is anti-American. To be honest, in this particular situation, I would tend to be more anti-war. whoever may be involved.
If we wait long enough, I am sure we will get the American version of the story. The unfortunate part is that we will probably never hear the truth. Since it is an iranian source, it was released earlier than our MSM version will be. Bu keep an eye out and then we can compare. My guess is that it will be the complete opposite. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Well yeah because Iranian press is just so fair and open. They are beyond reproach and couldn't be used to spread any propaganda either right?

sarcasm over.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

So now I don't suppose you remember the Israeli's who shot the boy in the tree. This is the same thing. The world's best military, most expensive....and they miss a big woman and hit a little girl.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

So wait because a source comes from Iran it is bad...but from the US it is right? If anything the US mainstream media is the most corrupt out of any media I have yet seen. They flip more stories then flipper himself.

No, don't assume my thoughts. I HATE our media...it is corrupt and steered by elite. But I sure am not going to just go jump into bed with a news site from Iran. IMO the PURE form of media aka the TRUTH is LONG GONE....all media outlets...news, newspaper, mags, the net etc...are all corrupt and EASILY influenced.

So with that, thats why I say its pretty bad we have people flying off the handle when there are NO other sources running this story are there?

[edit on 3/12/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I never said that. But they are not as much about ratings as the US/Hollywood televisions are.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I would wager that plenty of Kurds and Shia would disagree with you there.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

But they are also not free to print whatever they want, and they do not have the 'freedom' of speech to fall upon.

I would not believe this Iranian source since they have a vested interest in what happens in Iran. Their version will be slanted against the US. Propaganda at work.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just to throw this out there, wasn't it jsut recently stated (2 or 3 days ago) that Saddam was never linked to AQ? I swear I read an article about it the other day. The documents that were examined found no evidence of the two being linked. If someone else read it and remembers where, posting it would be great.
With that said....we shouldn't be there in the first place!!!! If we didn't invade, our soldiers wouldn't be accused of such things.

AHHHH apc coming through.... there is the American version. Didn't take long did it. As I said before, we will never know the exact events that led to this incident.

apc

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I posted an MSNBC source above. It's just an AP feed. Press.IR cut and assembled the parts they wanted to change the story for propaganda purposes. That's all.

link   

I would wager my life that is not what they will say. Saddam would not let the TURKS enter Iraq and kill Kurds. Shia?! They are at WAR go ask around any Shia and they will tell which which time was peaceful.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Equinox99]

link   

You are right about the bombings not starting til after the US invaded. So tell me why since the US invaded have Iraqi's spent more time blowing each other up and killing each other then they have going after the US troops?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join