It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Signs the U.S. may be headed for War in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

6 Signs the U.S. may be headed for War in Iran

www.usnews.com

Here are six developments that may have Iran as a common thread. And, if it comes to war, they may be seen as clues as to what was planned. None of them is conclusive, and each has a credible non-Iran related explanation:

1. Fallon's resignation: With the Army fully engaged in Iraq, much of the contingency planning for possible military action has fallen to the Navy, which has looked at the use of carrier-based warplanes and sea-launched missiles as the weapons to destroy Iran's air defenses and nuclear infrastructure. Centcom commands the U.S. naval forces in and near the Persian Gulf. In the aftermath of the problems with the Iraq war, there has been much discussion within the military that senior military officers should have resigned at the time when they disagreed with the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

Moderator Edit
>Please read>> *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[color=#EEB4B4]* Please note that there is a [color=#FFE7BA]character limit of 500 characters [color=#EEB4B4]for the copied story snippet.

[color=#EEEEE0]Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
mod&member[/font]

[edit on 12/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Another pretty good read, that draws connections to everything the admin is sneaking around doing as of late...These are things to pay careful attention to IMO, as these thugs may well get their Iran War yet---Even if by indirect means!

www.usnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It sure does seem like all the pieces are being placed before the final move is made to bomb Iran. I feel it will be a war on 2 fronts though, one in Iran and the other in the US economy. I don't think the citizens of the US can keep afloat if an oil producing nation is at war. The price of oil will increase drastically on fears and send the price at the pump soaring.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've got one that we're not and I think it's all that matters:

An attack has been "around the corner" for five years and still nothing.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have the gut feeling that a dirty bomb or even a nuke will go off inside the U.S. and it will be blamed on Iran's nuke program, and how they farmed it out to the terrorist's.

G.W. will then simply nuke Iran off the planet and be done with it.

No war, no boots on the ground, just a simple case of total destruction.

He's running out of time and has to make a bold statement, or go down in history as being crazier than Carter. (which he is.)

Plus it will set up the grounds for suspending any elections.

Coup and final death nell of what was once a great nation and idea, America.

God I love being paranoid

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What go to war with Iran? So anti-war people can call it a illegal war. I don't think that the United States will go to war with Iran in the near future.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If a dirty bomb is use in one of the U.S. cities. The goverment is not going to do anything about it. They are to go. ''Oh well. We don't know who had done it. Have the FBI. solve it.'' When they find out who had done it. They will go.''What, go to war with Iran? Do you Know anything about 911?''

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The plot thickens....

U.S. Emergency Regarding Iran Extended by Executive Order

The White House has issued an executive order to formally extend the US national emergency regarding Iran's threat for another year.

"Because the actions and policies of the government of Iran continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy and economy of the United States," the emergency must continue, stated the order issued on Wednesday.

Not wasting any time.....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And let's not forget this

We heard the words "weapons of Mass destruction" over 900 times in the build up to the invasion of iraq.

We're hearing the same thing now, but with different words.

Let's not fall for the same trick twice...

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Gotta agree with you... no attack coming or even soon..

Anytime Iran makes the news alarmists come out of the woodwork claiming attacks are looming and the end of the US draws near.. I seriously think there are some that people that want this to happen, and posting this kind of stuff makes it seem more likely to them...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
haha, thats funny you said,
"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

YOou remember the Bushism, when Bush was said something like. . .
"fool me once.. . . . . .(long pause, and nervous stutter) shame on . .. .you, fool me. .. . uuuh, foool me. . .. we won't get fooled again!" haha, thats a classic, he goes from a great saying, to retardation, to quoteing the Who. . . gotta love bush. . . DONT MESS WITH TEXAS. . . i mean seriously, who would want to mess with a bunch of retards anways? haha
sorry. im horrible tonight. . .

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
While I have no doubt people would salivate for us go to war in Iran (most people love being anti-war so they can feel righteous and think they are making a statement, imagine the mileage they could get out of another one in Iran), this is not going to happen. As all things are in America, this is about politics. Regardless of the vehement hatred many have on here, Bush has much political capital left to spend before he leaves office. Going to war in Iran would deplete all of that political capital, and would ensure he gets no more. Not worth it politically.

By the way, I thought everyone around here is convinced the mass media is brainwashing everyone - so exactly why would anyone trust the main stream media to be correct on this?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by pacificwind]

new topics

top topics

join