It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mythbusters are going to debunk NASA moon landing myths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
I agree that they have leanings on such things. Best example the breathalizer episode. That killed mythbusters a little for me. You KNOW 100% that if they found a way to beat it, it would never ever get on the air. What was the point of the episode then? No matter what results, they would show busted...It was like watching an afterschool special. I think something like this (the moon landing) would have similar results. It will be very easy to make a biased test that will lead towards the "correct" results.

Plus, its completly feasable the the government could have faked it... the question isn't if they couldv'e, but if they did...
to beat the breath test just take a deep breath right before you blow then the air coming from your lungs will not have had time to absorb any alcohol fumes...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No revolution in rotational (spinning) momentum of its own:

for there is no momentum about the axis and, consequently, no tendency whatever to spinning motion.

www.rastko.org.yu...

If the Moon can't spin on its own, why say it does.

Not giving undo credit to the Moon's spinning ability means only that the
Moon revolves in space at a spot by the earth's surface.

So thats why the astronauts never were dizzy.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
No revolution in rotational (spinning) momentum of its own:

Not giving undo credit to the Moon's spinning ability means only that the
Moon revolves in space at a spot by the earth's surface.

So thats why the astronauts never were dizzy.

The moon DOES spin, it spins in the same length of time as it orbits the earth once. As said before it's called tidal lock. But because the orbit is elliptical and not perfectly circular, we can see approximately 59% of the surface of the moon rather than just 50%. This effect is called libration and it's proof that the moon rotates. I used the effect to my advantage and constructed this cross-eye stereo image of the moon:
i319.photobucket.com...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
well i just watched the moon land episode and according to myth busters we did land there without a doubt.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
well i just watched the moon land episode and according to myth busters we did land there without a doubt.

This is a 4 year old thread, please be more careful when replying.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

This is a 4 year old thread, please be more careful when replying.

careful? I can't update a thread?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Each show is checked before releasing, again, its TV show, Its going to support general government view...

The final statement would be...

The "whatever the government claim".... Is true.

Worse they will sink is to say.. Its plausible to save some hoax favoring audience.

Btw i love that show...a TV Show.
edit on 12/7/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Each show is checked before releasing, again, its TV show, Its going to support general government view...

The final statement would be...

The "whatever the government claim".... Is true.

Worse they will sink is to say.. Its plausible to save some hoax favoring audience.

Btw i love that show...a TV Show.
edit on 12/7/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

That doesn't make sense.

TV shows have been made about it being a hoax, too. If (as you seem to imply) the government checks all TV shows to make sure they "support the general government view", then why are there other shows that discuss the possibility of a hoax?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

then why are there other shows that discuss the possibility of a hoax?

Government holiday on the air date???
You know they get almost twice the number of days off each year as people who really work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join