It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mythbusters are going to debunk NASA moon landing myths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by ngchunter

You are missing my point. In the examples I am not saying this is what they ACTUALLY DO but what they could POSSIBLY DO. It wouldn't be too hard to present not quite accurate info for certain situations if required or instructed. I would like emphasise I do not think they are frauds in any way, they could very well preform the experiments as best they can but at the end of the day they are not the ones who ultimatley decide what is or isnt aired.

I think it a great show and very entertaining and informative. Cybertruth suggested getting up and finding out for yourself. Some of the experiments cannot be done by the average joe due to finances or access to certain materials etc .

Mythbusters is very much like ATS. Always entertaining, usually informative and never to be viewed without a common sense filter.

[edit on 13/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

I don't have a problem with being critical of their setup if there's something you think they could have done better, but I see no reason to think that they intentionally set it up in such a way as to give less-accurate results because they don't want the truth out there. Do you really think they'd keep doing the show if some "evil gubmint hand" behind the scenes was forcing them to do it in a less accurate way? I don't think such a thing is possible, no one could put a gun to their head and force them to do the show at all, let alone in a deceptive fashion without there being obvious effects on their personalities and attitudes as they do the show. People under durress don't act like they're having fun, they do. Quite simply, it's not possible. Yes, the producers could edit out certain tests they don't want seen entirely, but as mentioned with the napalm, they've been up front when they decide to hide just certain aspects of the testing relevant to the results.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Thank you for posting the info, I can't wait to see the show!!!

As soon as I got done reading the first post, I asked myself how many posts would there be until someone accused the mythbusters of falsifying data and that they are going to be puppets of NASA. Well I wasn't disappointed as it only took a few posts

The reality here is that the hardcore believers will never believe anything but the conspiracy. You could land them on the moon tomorrow and take them on a tour of the artifacts left behind and they'll claim they were drugged or inserted into a virtual world or some such nonsense.

I just don't get it

In any case hopefully this will put to rest the conspiracy for at least some of the fence sitters who are well intentioned but simply don't understand the science.

I'll be watching for sure so you get a big
for posting the info.

THANKS!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Now what... Mythbuster is a conspiracy?...
Some peoples see conspiracys everywhere...
What is gonna be next? Pepsi can conspiracy?
Aww you beat me to it www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Does anyone know the air date for this episode???

Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Natl Geographic Channel did a show that debunked pretty much all of the CT claims that the moon landing was fake. The two main "expert" conspiracy theorists were a retired engineer and a "self-taught" engineer. Both these guys were pretty crazy. The show explained all of the main arguments: no stars in photos, shadow discrepencies, no dust on landing gear, flag movement, and others. One of the Apollo experiments was to set up an array of mirrors on the moon so that astronomers on earth could aim a laser at them and get various readings and measurements. This show interviewed a couple of these astronomers and showed them performing the experiment. That is one thing that those that believe we never went to the moon never have anything to say about.

Oh, and in regards to the ceramic bullets that someone mentioned the CIA developed and use. That might be true but they are hardly top-secret. One of my old HS buddies is an air marshall. They use these round in their weapons while flying so in the event that they have to discharge their weapon at someone it will not puncture the fuselage of the aircraft.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No air date has been announced yet. Check the badastronomy blog or the mythbusters schedule at discovery.com for updates.

From Wikipedia

Episode 101

Scheduled air date: April 23, 2008

The Mythbusters go to Alaska

Episode 1xx - NASA on the Moon

Air date has not been announced.

Title has not been announced.

* Announced by "This Week at NASA" on NASA TV on February 8, 2008.[2] "The Marshall Space Flight Center hosted the Mythbusters television show. The Mythbusters chose Marshall as one of several NASA locations for an episode to debunk the notion that NASA never landed on the moon. The cast conducted tests involving a feather, a weight, a lunar soil boot print, and a flag in a vacuum. A team of Marshall scientists helped with the tests."

Episode 1xx - Shark Week 2008

* Announced on CNET News on February 29, 2008.[3]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Air date announced, 27th of August.
Here's the sneak peek.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thanks Jazzguy,
I was just thinking about this the other day and was going to ask...then promptly forgot again...

I guess we will have to wait a few months to see it in Oz though.
Looking forward to the beating it will get on here after it goes to air....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Is it just me or did that trailer come off like thery were going to try and prove the hoax theorists correct????

Lately i've been getting pretty disgusted with the mythbusters because they get pretty uppity.... Like their crap doesnt stink as much as the rest of us. No body every stands up and says the mythbusters are full of it when sometimes i think experiments fall short of expectation and they put their spin on it the way they wish becasue they are "experts".

It should be interesting and i plan on watching.... hopefully they doi preove the hoax believers are correct and more people in the general public will question what their government tells them..... and then again maybe thats just wishful thinking

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Is it just me or did that trailer come off like thery were going to try and prove the hoax theorists correct????

I haven't seen the vid yet. (At work) but that sounds like they want you to think that to get peoples attention. Just clever marketing. Based on that i would say thier conclusion is the GOVT wins again. I hope I'm wrong though and they are unbiased (or uninstructed?) with thier tests.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I have seen them get a few things wrong. Not to bash either, I really like the show myself.
It is just really hard to consider every variable.
for instance, they "proved" that soda cans don't explode in cars. I can personally verify that they do.

What they didn't consider is that most cans of soda are "lost" or forgotten in a car, and can spend several days heating and cooling. (i lived in Phoenix) till the can weakens and one day it has enough and explodes.

One little can of diet soda on a hot phoenix day is N O T a pretty site. Amazing how far those ounces go.

I will look forward to the show. It seems they have been running out of good ideas or myths lately. But this is a fabulous one for them to try.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
This is so trite I'm sure, but why the hell do people believe we never landed on the moon? I mean, some conspiracies are crazy, some are plausible, some are odd, and some are just, "whaaaaaaaaaaaa?" I mean, honestly, there are people who believe the moon landing was a fake? Really?

What makes you believe that they did?
Incredible claims require extraordinary proofs. I have not seen those proofs.

I remember my family sitting around the TV watching the first step on the moon. I was ten years old, and was extremely well versed and excited about the landing.

You could not imagine my disappointment as I watched the charade. I recall my Father could not comprehend my sudden reversal of belief. I sat there explaining all the violations of what should have been happening as they occured.

To believe what we are shown, is to believe the best photographic equipment of their time controlled by the greatest experts, produced worse results than an old brownie box camera of the same time.

jra

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
What makes you believe that they did?
Incredible claims require extraordinary proofs. I have not seen those proofs.

There is pleanty of evidence showing that we went to the Moon. You just need to take the time and read a lot of the details about the Missions. I have yet to see any claims made by HB's that can hold up to any amount of scrutiny

To believe what we are shown, is to believe the best photographic equipment of their time controlled by the greatest experts, produced worse results than an old brownie box camera of the same time.

I don't know what photos you've been looking at, but the photos from the Apollo missions are quite amazing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I really don't know what to believe, I mean there are three stories....

1) We went to the moon just as Nasa said.

2) We went to the moon and Armstrong and co saw aliens.

3) we never went to the moon.

I don't know which is true but there is evidence to support all three stories.

Why can't anything be straight forward

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You could not imagine my disappointment as I watched the charade. I recall my Father could not comprehend my sudden reversal of belief. I sat there explaining all the violations of what should have been happening as they occured.

There were no "violations."

Oh good grief, the apollo photography record is stunning. They produced some of the most-used and easily recognizable images ever produced by man. The quality of their work, given the difficulties of operating a manual slr camera in a space suit, is beyond reproach. Have you even bothered to look at the image galleries of the missions?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
... Just claiming "skepticism" without a valid reason based on fact is not valid. ...

Wow.

Just...... WOW!

Was that REALLY CLAIMED here on this website? You hear all that "skeptics" and "debunkers"?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Incredible claims require extraordinary proofs. ...

Point of order, Mr. Chairman! It is a myth that has been repeated endlessly until people believe that it is true that "incredible" claims require "extraordinary" proof. That is not true at all. All they require is PROOF.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by ngchunter
... Just claiming "skepticism" without a valid reason based on fact is not valid. ...

Wow.

Just...... WOW!

Was that REALLY CLAIMED here on this website? You hear all that "skeptics" and "debunkers"?

Some people are already discounting the possibility that the myth buster's tests of apollo hoax claims will be fair or even valid. That "skepticism," though not openly stated as such, does not seem to be warranted, especially since the episode has yet to air. In fact, it's generous to call it skepticism as that implies some level of open mindedness. Some die-hard hoax believers here are passing judgement pre-emptively, proving their close-minded bias.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just a heads up that this episode of Mythbusters is airing tonight, August 27th at 9pm Eastern on the Discovery Channel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join