It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenner's Star Wars That Never Was

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
While looking up some vintage Star Wars toys online, I came across THIS interesting web page about Kenner's efforts to revive their wavering Star Wars line after ROTJ. They called this project: STAR WARS IS FOREVER.

Basically, Kenner decided to make a toy sequel of sorts to the orginal Star Wars trilogy. After the death of the Emperor, a new villian, Atha Prime, would be unleashed on the galaxy. Meanwhile, Grand Moff Tarkin, having escaped from the original Death Star's destruction(!) gathers the reminant forces of the Empire to fight against the new Republic.

While this all sounded very ambitious, the Star Wars Forever line never made it past the presentation stages. However, some of the vehicles proposed were produced under the Power of the Jedi Line.

For you toy collectors and Star Wars fans, check it out!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Funny, my uncle is a mold maker and the place he worked either produced the prototype or production mold for an AT-AT walker. I am not sure if the model actually went into production or not, but this was well before ROTJ.

He has one of the AT-AT's sitting at his house.

I later worked for the same company and have a few non-production items that never saw the light of day, but they aren't related to Star Wars, so no need to mention them here.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That is so cool, thanks for sharing that
I had never heard of that and I am a very BIG fan. That Tatooine Skiff is so cool. I can see that Sarlac Pit now.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dang I thought I was so damn clever thinking about star wars 7 8 and 9 all aboot the remenant empire struggle. With surfacing jedis that no longer fear the purge.
Gonna have to wait till Lucas dies though so he dosn't ruin it.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Zealott]

new topics

top topics

join