It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the Baggy Pants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

"if you think it's ok to walk around with your pants hanging so low your @ss and junk is hanging out, it's obvious that you need someone to tell you how to act like a rational adult because you do not have the capability to do so....so once again, it's left up to the government to step in and raise their kids for them to minimize the likelyhood that they will be a burden on society...Should government step in and legislate appropriate clothing? In most cases no but since these individuals are not smart enough to know how to dress appropriately"
- Jfj123

I find everything you just said highly offensive, you assume because I dress a certain way that I am uneducated and childish. You assume that I cannot make decisions for myself and that because I am so dumb I should have the government live my life. You sir are very ignorant and need to do some growing up yourself. you just fit the steryotype that I have been talking about in my previous posts, I apprechiate you doing that for me, you proved my point.

Again there are many people that dress this way and are doing well for themselves. I have a great job and I drive a Nice car, have a wonderfull girl and live comfortably. People are astounded to see me dressed this way. Just today I was taking my girlfriend out for some dinner at a restaurant and I had an older gentleman come up to me after I got out of my car and say, "How does someone Like you afford a car like that." I felt that he was being condescending, though I was nice about it and I told him, I went to college and I work hard, he just grunted still holding himself higher than me, and continued inside."

I dress this way because it is part of my culture, I grew up skating and I work in the related field, it is who I am. To have someone come and say I cannot be myself is wrong and infuriating.

I just don't understand whats wrong with people and why they cant step outside of their bubble and see the bigger picture. We don't wear baggy pants to wear baggy pants and piss people off, its part of large subculture, and to throw that away and lose all of that is a shame.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Lowtoc]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

and to you DancedWithWolves you are amazing and I really appreciate everything that you said in your post. Like I said this is a touchy subject for many people, it has almost come to the point of it being a segregation problem, because people that dress this way are ridiculed and looked down upon.

This is not all about saggy pants for me its really about people being able to be the person they truly are and express themselves through clothing.

Like I said clothing is a form of art and expression.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowtoc
reply to post by jfj123

"if you think it's ok to walk around with your pants hanging so low your @ss and junk is hanging out, it's obvious that you need someone to tell you how to act like a rational adult because you do not have the capability to do so....so once again, it's left up to the government to step in and raise their kids for them to minimize the likelyhood that they will be a burden on society...Should government step in and legislate appropriate clothing? In most cases no but since these individuals are not smart enough to know how to dress appropriately"
- Jfj123

I find everything you just said highly offensive,
Sorry you feel that way.

you assume because I dress a certain way that I am uneducated and childish.

If you walk around with your a$$ crack hanging out, yes I'm making that assumption.

You assume that I cannot make decisions for myself and that because I am so dumb I should have the government live my life.

Again, if your a$$ is actually hanging out of your pants, it should be fairly apparent that someone needs to explain decorum to you.

You sir are very ignorant and need to do some growing up yourself.

Or maybe I simply don't want to see your a$$ crack??? Seriously, you do not know me in any way aside from one post so calling me ignorant is silly. My post was related specifically to those who take the baggy pant thing to an EXTREME ONLY. I would think an intelligent person such as yourself would have understood that when I specifically mentioned a$$'s and junk hanging out. You must have missed that I guess?

you just fit the steryotype that I have been talking about in my previous posts, I apprechiate you doing that for me, you proved my point.

I'm not stereotyping anyone.

Again there are many people that dress this way and are doing well for themselves.

Yes I see them in the high power business meetings all the time.

I have a great job and I drive a Nice car, have a wonderfull girl and live comfortably.

Sounds like you're smart enough to know that some people just don't need to see your butt. Or maybe you're an exhibitionist, I don't know?

People are astounded to see me dressed this way. Just today I was taking my girlfriend out for some dinner at a restaurant and I had an older gentleman come up to me after I got out of my car and say, "How does someone Like you afford a car like that." I felt that he was being condescending, though I was nice about it and I told him, I went to college and I work hard, he just grunted still holding himself higher than me, and continued inside."

Look, each generation rebels against the previous to a point but SOME, maybe not you, but SOME people take it too far. Baggy pants in and of themselves are not a big deal and many people wear them for comfort, work, etc.. HOWEVER, you must understand that first impressions are what either solidify your reputation or damage it. If you go into a job interview with baggy jeans hanging lower then your butt and your boxers exposed, you're probably not going to get the job for several reasons including the fact that you obviously are not capable of making rational decisions about proper attire in the proper environment.

We don't wear baggy pants to wear baggy pants and piss people off, its part of large subculture, and to throw that away and lose all of that is a shame.

Ok please tell my exactly why you wear baggy pants.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by jfj123]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i wear baggy pants because they are the absolute most comfortable, and they rarely need to be replaced. For instance, 50% of all my pants, I have had for almost 10 years now.

Go ahead and keep rocking your nuthuggers guys, I prefer being able to breathe, and even bend over and pick something up without feeling like I'm being held in a straight-jacket style pants.

Same reason some people like tighty whities, and others prefer boxers.

If you assume someone with baggy pants is an idiot, or doesn't understand "decorum," then you probably just need to get off your high horse, and find something better to spend your time hating.

Ive seen some pretty baggy pants in my time, but I havent yet seen someone with their asscrack literally hanging out, or anything else like that. If anything YOU are being rude for staring.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
i wear baggy pants because they are the absolute most comfortable, and they rarely need to be replaced. For instance, 50% of all my pants, I have had for almost 10 years now.

Go ahead and keep rocking your nuthuggers guys, I prefer being able to breathe, and even bend over and pick something up without feeling like I'm being held in a straight-jacket style pants.

Again, baggy pants are not a big deal.
Do you walk around with your pants below your butt? If not, why not? If so, why?

If you assume someone with baggy pants is an idiot, or doesn't understand "decorum," then you probably just need to get off your high horse, and find something better to spend your time hating.

When you read my post, you might notice I was talking about one type of baggy pants specifically ONLY. Also, I don't have any horses that are on drugs

Ive seen some pretty baggy pants in my time, but I havent yet seen someone with their asscrack literally hanging out,

Lucky you!

or anything else like that. If anything YOU are being rude for staring.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by scientist]

Or they're being rude by putting the butts in my field of vision

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To all the ladies and gents that wear low-rise bootcut, laws like this effect us as well, as they are definitely below the waist line.

I simply cannot imagine wearing pants at my waist.

I do not exercise daily and live a healthy lifestyle for some bureaucrat to legislate against wearing something that accentuates my body.

Yes that is narcissistic, and I am ok with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

When you read my post, you might notice I was talking about one type of baggy pants specifically ONLY.

ya, i didnt catch that brand name.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Success is not measured by how much money you make, I have a friend that bought a small house and I mean small 1 bedroom a kitchen/living room and 1 bathroom its about 800sqft, he built himself a skatepark in the back yard. He is one of the happiest people I know, and this is a sign of success because he is happy with who he is.

as for the high powered business meetings and their attire they are a bunch of cooperate Pr*cks, see I can make assumptions about people too but its not right because I don't actually know them so I cant honestly say how they act or behave.

you cannot say that I don't know you from your post, and then go on to tell me that I am dumb and uneducated because I wear my pants the way I do. You don't know me either.

and as far as showing my bottom we are all equally guilty of doing this, there are people I see that bend over and some crack pokes out and they are dressed what you would call "normal". Until the day that kids start sagging their pants and aren't wearing any boxers or underwear please don't jump to extremes and say that we are opening swinging D*ck for all to see just to upset someone

"Again, if your a$$ is actually hanging out of your pants, it should be fairly apparent that someone needs to explain decorum to you."

then explain to me what your version of Decorum is... everyone has a different view on dress.

and why do I wear baggy pants?

I grew up wearing pants like that they are comfortable and allow me to move without having to worry about busting a seam when I bend over or do something involving my athletic side such as skating!

Like I said we don't wear them because we are hoodlums we wear them because they have a purpose.

Again I don't need someone telling me how to live MY life.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Lowtoc]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Originally posted by jfj123

When you read my post, you might notice I was talking about one type of baggy pants specifically ONLY.

ya, i didnt catch that brand name.

The a$$ crack brand name.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the reason I cannot continue this discussion with you, should be blatantly obvious by your tone and approach. Perhaps someone else would like to have a non-BTS discussion on the topic without trolling or acting childish.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I agree with you Scientist, I would love to talk about the matter at hand but since it has become aPersonal Attack on us I really Don't see a reason in fighting with him anymore.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

here, here! If I had to go back to waist high jeans...well I just wouldn't. Looks bad, feels bad, never should have worn them that way in the first place. Mid-rise jeans have been the most liberating innovation in comfortable attire in 40 years for women.

And to Scientist....every time you post something like this.....

Well I just spit my wine all over my keyboard because I laughed so hard! Thanks for that one...whew...that was PERFECT! The really "bad fashion" from decades ago were those nuthuggers as you said. Yes...still laughing.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowtoc
Success is not measured by how much money you make,

Yet you use it as a gauge so why can't I?

I have a friend that bought a small house and I mean small 1 bedroom a kitchen/living room and 1 bathroom its about 800sqft, he built himself a skatepark in the back yard. He is one of the happiest people I know, and this is a sign of success because he is happy with who he is.

Happiness is important. Good for him. So you're saying he is happy because he wears baggy pants?

you cannot say that I don't know you from your post, and then go on to tell me that I am dumb and uneducated because I wear my pants the way I do. You don't know me either.

I never said you were dumb or uneducated. Might I suggest re-reading my posts so you'll understand that.

and as far as showing my bottom we are all equally guilty of doing this, there are people I see that bend over and some crack pokes out and they are dressed what you would call "normal". Until the day that kids start sagging their pants and aren't wearing any boxers or underwear please don't jump to extremes and say that we are opening swinging D*ck for all to see just to upset someone

You say you're intelligent. I believe you. At no point did I EVER say all people who wear baggy pants have their a$$ cracks and junk hanging out. If you don't OBVIOUSLY I'm not referring to you. If you do have your a$$ and/or junk hanging out, then YES, I'm referring to you.

"Again, if your a$$ is actually hanging out of your pants, it should be fairly apparent that someone needs to explain decorum to you."

then explain to me what your version of Decorum is... everyone has a different view on dress.

Do you really need me to explain why it's not appropriate in all forums? Do I really need to tell you that it would not be acceptable in a board meeting? A church? etc...

and why do I wear baggy pants?

I grew up wearing pants like that they are comfortable and allow me to move without having to worry about busting a seam when I bend over or do something involving my athletic side such as skating!

Then OBVIOUSLY you are not the person with your pants hanging past your butt as it would restrict movement and be more difficult to skate wearing those types of pants. So once again OBVIOUSLY I'm not referring to you.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They are a distraction in school and a hazard while walking/driving.

I understand banning them in schools.

However, if people want to look like idiots and trip over their own cloths, then let them. If they can't get hired for a job and their lives fail miserably because they are too freak'n sloppy .. then it's their own fault.

Don't legislate against them .. but allow schools to ban them.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

just how exactly do baggy pants distract one from their school work?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They are a distraction in school and a hazard while walking/driving.

I understand banning them in schools.

However, if people want to look like idiots and trip over their own cloths, then let them. If they can't get hired for a job and their lives fail miserably because they are too freak'n sloppy .. then it's their own fault.

Don't legislate against them .. but allow schools to ban them.

Very well said. I agree 100 %

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

When I was in high school, Bongo jeans were very popular amongst the ladies. Even I would turn my head, I would most definitely classify that as a distraction, and I am still at a loss to figure out how they actually got those jeans on in the first place.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I had a friend in high school a long, long, long time ago who actually laid flat on the bed and zipped up her jeans with a pair of vice grips....true story. Now that....was wrong! Let em bag......

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

so when people are in class they are thinking about other kids clothes

when me and all the kids I know are in class were not paying attention I admit that, but it most definitley has nothing to do with clothes hahahahaha

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Since some people don't think clothes can be distracting, why not allow anyone to wear anything they want in school? How about a t-shirt that has a racist saying?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join