It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger Charged in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

MOSCOW (AP) - Prosecutors have charged a Russian blogger who wrote on a popular Internet site that police should be publicly incinerated in what is believed to be the country's first such case against a blogger.

Savva Terentyev said Wednesday he was charged with inciting hatred in a court in the northern city of Syktyvkar. The charges filed Tuesday stemmed from his posting on a Web forum in February 2007 that criticized police in the wake of a raid on an opposition newspaper.

"They're trash—and those that become cops are simply trash, dumb, uneducated representatives of the animal world," he wrote. "It would be good if in the center of every town in Russia ... an oven was built, like at Auschwitz, in which ceremonially, every day, and better yet, twice a day ... the infidel cops were burnt. This would be the first step toward cleaning society of these cop-hoodlum scum."

The case comes at a time of growing concerns in Russia that authorities have begun to tighten control over the Internet.

Are We Next?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This is what happens when free speech is curtailed because it "offends someone's sensibilities". Canadians, take notice that Human Rights Commissions are beholden to none but themselves. UK residents, your free speech rights have been whittled down and stomped on as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
By the way, if I may ask, what is your opinion regarding the "North American Union" that the politicians in the US are pushing? I know that Mexico seems to favor it, but most US citizens are against it, and I'd like to know what Canadians think about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Canadians (who actually know about it) are outraged and incensed. Haha, they see it as the US trying to bully them and don't even realize the ramifications of being put on the peso...I mean Amero. They don't even realize Mexico is just as much of a villain. But, just as in the US, most Canadians don't know, or they think it's some kind of made up foolishness to keep the Conservatives in office.

Most Canadians see most things through a lens of America trying to flex its muscle to mess with everyone, including themselves. They are quick to blame America for this or that problem, to say that America should be as open to immigrants as Canada is. But what they don't understand is that Americans aren't opposed to immigration, just to people wading across a river and devastating wages. For example, in Canada, landscaping is a huge industry with thousands of well-paying jobs. It used to be in America as well, but when was the last time you saw someone who wasn't Mexican mowing lawns or trimming the hedges? Canadians don't realize how close they are to having this same thing happen to them, as at the last meeting between GWB, Stephen Harper, and Caledron, Mexico tried to pressure Canada to accept increasing numbers of laborers from Mexico to do temporary (yeah right) work.

But like I said before, the few Canadians who do know about the NAU are outraged at the idea. There have even been protests such as at the Bilderberg meeting which was in Ottawa and at the Security and Prosperity Partnership - read NAU - meeting that was in Alberta.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I actually agree with this guy's sentencing. He's practically ordering the execution of police officers!

top topics

join