It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Talking" inside your head?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm really not sure where to post this but here it goes....

This is ultimately a question so bare with me....

Its hard to put into words how your brain thinks. I've noticed a lot lately when thinking to myself (in English), I say things inside my head like, "Lets do this", or "We can't do that", things to that effect. I am referring to myself as two people. I know I am one individual, but I say things in my brain like this all the time.

I see myself saying these things inside my head as a sort of observer of these two thinkers. So, in essence there are three points of view going on inside my head at the same time when referring to myself as two people.

I hope I am making some sense

Anyway...

After reviewing the actions inside my brain I have come to a hypothesis...

I believe we think both with our physical brain and our "spiritual knowledge" at the same time; I have no idea how to label this knowledge database so spiritual knowledge is how I will refer to this. So this spiritual knowledge gets sort of leaked through when I am thinking to myself (singular), the two thinkers combine and I say things like "lets" and "we".

I know it sounds bizarre, but I know there has to be someone else out there that thinks like this.

Does anyone else think like this, and if so what conclusions have you come up with?

Thanks for reading!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
isnt it just primal instinct vs better knowledge?

I suppose youre right in that way. The biochemical brain telling us to eat stuff thats bad for us, drink, smoke and have sex.... and the soul's mind telling us not to.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I like that,

Souls mind....

Hmm....

Its not the conscience I'm talking about, but I suppose that would come from the spirit knowledge database I was talking about. Its more like taking a journey with more than one person when your by yourself. I know I'm not making any sense.

Someone needs to word this better, I am struggling to come up with words for how this works.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well I don't know what thats all about but i hear voices in my head sometimes. Like one morning I woke up 10 minutes early and so I was just layin in bed cause I was waiting for my parents to call me on my cell to wake up for school. Well I was just layin on my bed and then I started hearing someone screaming my name over and over and it wouldn't quit. I thought it was my dad but it wasn't, cause he wouldn't yell for me he would call me on the phone. So I'm hearing it over and over, I put my pillow over my head and I could still hear them. My mom called me and told me it was time to wake up. Another time I was in wal-mart and itstarted happening again, and I was freaking out, my dad was just lookin at me like I was insane. And another time I was in bed trying to go to sleep and I heard someone whisper my name into my ear. I think I might be Schizophrenic haha.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do the same thing all the time Alien. Id and ego I believe. Or just plain nuts LOL.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
its more like 3 people, casual observer, observer of the casual observer, and the observer of both observers.
but if you think about that too much, you might just create an infinite number of observers of observers, kind of a fractal of an idea. its a beautiful thing though...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If I admit that I carry on full conversations with myself does that make me crazy??? Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't answer this question.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Fact. I was under anesthesia getting a medical procedure. He was about to mess me up. I slightly arose and something called the friggin 'watcher' told the doc he was about to poke a hole in my colon and I'd bleed to death that night. He told the doc how to position me in an admonishing manner, thru my voice.
Who knows how many watchers we have.
And when the danger was over, I blanked.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know exactly what your talking about
!!! I've often sat around thinking about the proccess that goes on and what it actualy is that is reasoning with me when I make up my mind.... I guess this would be a good question for a neurologist or psych doctor........ star and flag for you !!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When I have time to think , then my thoughts are defiantly in English, and I will have a conversation and I will use we... As in 'is a good idea if we'

But a lot of the time I have a thought - but it seems like I have to think a little bit further (not hard or anything) to translate in to English (the only language I really speak)... say I decide to stand up and pick my nose - I will not think of that in words, Instead I'll just decide whether it is what I want to do.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I know multilingual people that immediately start thinking in german when mad. But I am not sure if point of thread. More of a multipersonality thing.
sp

[edit on 12-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Wow, your right, that is a fractal thought. Amazing!

It boggles the mind, thanks for the reply!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yes is does make sense..

Its impulse verses cognitive thought...

I might swat at a mosquito, but do I think about doing it, no.

I might then reflect upon my actions as the three observers after that however.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hehe not really, but thanks for your posts.

Its more of a question.

Where does this extra though come from?

Why am I constantly catching myself saying "we" or "lets try this"?

Why do I feel like I am split. Not straight jacket split, but divided into physical and spiritual at the same time. In essence living 2 lives at the same time.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I like that,

Souls mind....

Hmm....

Its not the conscience I'm talking about, but I suppose that would come from the spirit knowledge database I was talking about. Its more like taking a journey with more than one person when your by yourself. I know I'm not making any sense.

Someone needs to word this better, I am struggling to come up with words for how this works.

If you really think about it the "souls mind" and your verbal expression for communication purposes are the same thing. You talk to yourself and have conversations with yourself because you are accustomed to speaking with people and to do this you need to verbally communicate or pronounce words... Even a deaf person would have to represent their thoughts using sign language or by lipping the words... So more or less it's not another person it's your need to communicate and for you it's more than likely your way of working out "problems", for lack of a better word.. You talking to you and coming up with solutions... Couple questions below...

It's you having a conversation with you... You are conscience of each conversation right? Or are you asking questions and then a strange voice comes out of no where and gives you an answer...? Do you see images, colors or anything "out of dimension"? Do you have high memory retention or problem solving ability's?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
You are conscience of each conversation right?

For the most part, yes. Although I usually ignore referring to myself as two people.

Or are you asking questions and then a strange voice comes out of no where and gives you an answer...?

Definitely not. I kinda just work with ideas, more like a puzzle.

Do you see images, colors or anything "out of dimension"?

only when imagining things, or being creative. I can see an image on a blank piece of paper before I draw something. I lucid dream a lot too.

Do you have high memory retention or problem solving ability's?

My memory is shot......Uhhh.....I probably would get into trouble if I told you why
Lets just say that I have a friend named Marry Jane
. But yes problem solving other than math has been a strong point in my thinking. My mind is very logical, but extremely open to new ideas. Also my IQ is about 130.....

Thanks for the reply my friend!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Generally I debate back and forth with my conscious and subconscious mind, or kinda split off a part of my mind to try to pic apart my argument. The way I see it, my active brain is full of all the junk I've picked up over the years, and my subconscious mind just takes the info and runs it. Sort of a laptop vs PC thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
alien i know exactly what you mean any desision or theory i work on or any work i do i always speak in my mind and have a discussion going with different aspects of myself all putting in there opinions

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I do the same dang thing Alien, and apparently so do many of our community. I wouldn't sweat the white suit yet. Sounds like a personal struggle within ourselves at most.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

If you tell a psychologist that you hear voices in your head, they will put you on medication.

If you tell a psychologist you conprehend and theorize within several lines of consciousness at once, then they'll think your a gem.

It's all a matter of perspective and how you paint a picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join