It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't stop thinking of the invetible oblivion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can't get this off my mind, I see people of all walks of life so miserable. I look at things and see no purpose anymore. When I look at things, i'm starting to realize that we ARE insignificant. So in the long run you don't see yourself put anything into it really. I think to myself, why listen to other peoples's opinions? Granted, sometimes there worth listening to. But today in the world is ultra materialism it's hard not to embrace something spiritual, to hope we are more significant. And when we die, it's not the end, but a next step in becoming more then we are now. So how can we listen to someone who's selfish and doesn't care about human life to tell you there's nothing after death and that life is insignificant. Then to ask yourself the same question and maybe get the same answer, or something to different, or just plain wrong. Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Does anyone else know how I feel?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What's after "death"? There is Oblivion after death, for those that stay blind to the spiritual reality. However there's also more to the spiritual journy if that is what you want. The more spiritual a person becomes in the illusion of phyical life the clearer it can be seen. There's a beautiful road ahead of us, that want to go, those others that are not going wish to drag other's into their self chosen Oblivion.

Those that say reincatnaion is natural are mistaken. Reincarnation is not natual, it's the result of having X number times to take the same test. Sooner or later the tester going to say "forget about it" and flush you.

However as long as you show willingness to try to pass the test, hey get on board because that's half the points right there.

Why is it like this? We all have free will. We can be or we can not be. It's when others start imposing their will upon the world that the phyical illusion begins. There was a higher class being that thought it would become a god by decieving lower beings. Such began the confusion and chaos of this life's existance. It's to see if you're willing to rise above that lower classed being or are you willing to believe the lies.

There's only one thing anyone needs from this world to "pass" and it is this following statment. You must understand, and put into practice.

You are a spiritual being created by a original creator, and that original creator is like your parental figure, that original creator wishs you to be its child for it loves you, you should realize what that means, you are loved, and you should desire to improve yourself so that you may shine as the child of God that you are, and in that you'll realize all those around you are your sisters and brothers under God and they should be treated with as much respect as that title is worthy of regardless if they understand they are a child of God or even if they outright reject that standing.

Love your enemies, because you are their brother/sister, and though their ignorance they will be lost, unless your love finds a place in their heart so that they might start the road to shinning too.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just because something has the power to create does not make it worthy of worship. This applies to god parents scientists who clone people and many others.
To the op, be careful putting yourself out there like that with any medium.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

i'm starting to realize that we ARE insignificant.

People choose to be insignificant and they ignore their huge potential to be something special.

You don't have to be insignificant Malakeim. That's a choice we make. Everybody has some form of struggle in their life, but it is up to the individual how to respond...

Whether to be overwhelmed by difficulty or rise above it.

Whether to be subsumed by negativity, or make their own lives stand for something.

There are kind and generous people in the world of all cultures and all religions and there are kind people with no religion too. They do make a difference. What motivates people to go and work in famine relief ?

Part of how you are feeling is a byproduct of your own perspective and in that you have a choice too. If you change your attitude you can change the world and change your own reality.

If you develop a habit of looking at the same problems as a challenge, or an opportunity (not talking materialism) then you can improve your life.

As a young adult after being raised an athiest I started exploring different political ideologies and different religions. Nothing seemed the whole answer.

Everybody's answer is different so the solutions are different too. Finally the last place I looked I found Buddhism helped me to explain the emptiness you've described.

Much later in life I found a truly amazing bunch of people who helped singer Tina Turner turn her life around after she left Ike. If you Google for SGI, you could find out more, but that may or may not be the answer you need. It worked for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
buddha said to live in the now.

Death and life cannot exist simultaniously.

as long as your are alive, you are not dead, and once your dead, theres no point worrying about life.

So why care?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I believe that life needs to be fun and filled with joy. Their are a lot of people who feel life has to be meaningful or that there has to be something more to this existence but for me it's not like that. I'm not going to go through my life hoping or putting faith in something more to come. I'm not going to try to prove that there is a God or Gods and I am not going to say that their isn't. What I do know is that there is today. We have big plans like that vacation your going to take next month or just little things that make each day meaningful.

I don't count on anyone else or anything else to fill my day with joy but I respect others whom I come in contact with and enjoy their presents. We can make a huge difference in other peoples lives and they can make a difference in ours.

On the spiritual side of things what if their is a God? If I pray to him and he talks to me how am I to know that it's really God and not just me giving myself what I really believe the answer to my prayers are? And if it is a sign I am looking for how do I know that is a sign from God or me just thinking this is the right thing from me to do.

So I do what I feel is right inside, and speaking the other way around how do I know what is right inside isn't put their by God? So either way I'm going to go on doing what I feel is right and it's what I want so I can't be mad at myself for that. If I make a mistake I will learn and try not to make the same mistakes twice.

Right now I'm sitting here writing to you and I hope what I have said helps. If it doesn't then that's ok because I tried and that's really all I can do. It make be a simple way of thinking but I think that keeps me sane in this complex world or ours.

top topics

join