It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAFTA and economic loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

OK now Bill Gates is going to go before congress to convince them that investing in overseas educations and other things help maintain a competitive edge throughout the world. But why would you want to do this, the last thing I want is a bunch of people from other countries developing into better people. The whole purpose of this country is if someone wants to contribute then do it here and no where else.

The Air Force Secretary is also developing a contract that will develope aircraft tankers in other countries and needing larger hangers and runways to power the craft. They mentioned Boieng and sending 40,000 jobs overseas. Why cant they make the stuff here, California has a large industry and Boeng has factories there. He also said there would be a boom in employment as well.

is the whole issue cheap labor? Honda civic is a nice cheap car and comes from overseas and only costs about 10,000 dollars also has a reputation of lasting longer and outliving most american vehicles. but at the same time why cant the United States provide the same products? Is labor too expensive?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How does India play into all of this, if Obama or Clinton end NAFTA then will that effect those jobs that were sent to India. I can understand boosting trade amongst countries world wide and can maybe push country proprietary goods such as something that is abundant in one country and is not here. but to push clothing manufacturers to only use mexican manufacturers is obsurd. Calculators come from singapore or taiwain, there are two sides to this are there really that many americans out of work or is it that we need taiwans calulators because there is not enough manpower here to make them.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i guess no one can really explain the benefit of sending US jobs overseas.

join