It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (the Movie)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So while at the video store the other night, I've been taking researching UFO/Alien phenomenon much more seriously the past couple years, it isn't that I didn't take the topic seriously before but I wasn't very active, and now that I've become alot more active, at the video store I thought I'd rent Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I had seen it before, didn't really hold my intrest years ago, and before I get back into the movie that I'm sure would intrest me now, I was wondering if anyone would through out little factoids towards me.

I've heard some wild stories like the director has his own collection of alien junk and that he was kinda friends or informed of topic matters pertaining to the alien phenomenon.

So what do you have for me? Or do I have to transcribe my question into an algorymtic tones generated statement for ya?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm sure big hollywood has it's insider connections.

Speilberg is like the biggest director in filmmaking history, and he's a huge fan of the unknown.... obviously, he's a HUGE HUGE fan of aliens. He's made several movies on the subject matter. I highly doubt that it's impossible for Speilberg to throw out some big bucks and get something credible in return.

He prolly has the Roswell spaceship parked in his garage at his summer home on Mars.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

He prolly has the Roswell spaceship parked in his garage at his summer home on Mars.

PMSL

I loved this film and still do till this day...a positive Contact
movie!!!
Then he brought out the Taken series and War of the Worlds,
and I`ve always been a bit suspect of his change of heart.
Hollywood pressure,Govt pressure or following the trend,I don`t
know ,but I`ve always wonderd if he tows the party line,or has been
warned off the scent??

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Awesome movie.

I was akid the first time I seen it and didnt really understand it.

Watched it again recently, what a great flick.

I always thought the signature shooting stars Spielberg put in his films was cool.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Great movie. I try to watch it whenever it's on. AMC was playing it during December and I watched it probably 3 times. Spielberg and his shooting stars that he puts in his films are a real trademark. He had them in Close Encounters, Jaws, and probably more films.

top topics

join