It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

Originally posted by Hamilton

It was the Romans and the Romanfrienly quisslings who killed Jesjuah, not the Jews.

At his trial before Pilate, Jesus is confronted with a Jewish mob bent on seeing him killed (Matt. 27:20-25). The Roman governor capitulates, washing his hands and saying, �I am innocent of this man�s blood.� Then, �all the people answered, �His blood be on us and on our children!��

Yes, and do you understand the obvious esoteric meaning to this quote? Obviously not. By the way, did you know that Barabbas was also called Jesus?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

It was the Romans and the Romanfrienly quisslings who killed Jesjuah, not the Jews.

At his trial before Pilate, Jesus is confronted with a Jewish mob bent on seeing him killed (Matt. 27:20-25). The Roman governor capitulates, washing his hands and saying, �I am innocent of this man�s blood.� Then, �all the people answered, �His blood be on us and on our children!��

Yes, and do you understand the obvious esoteric meaning to this quote? Obviously not. By the way, did you know that Barabbas was also called Jesus?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Yes I understand the esoteric meaning of this quote however i doubt we derive the same meaning from it.

there are only 2 parts to this

PILATE �I wash my hands of this innocent man�s blood.�

THE JEWS �His blood be on us and on our children!��

Did you know that this part was removed from the movie "the passion"... for obvious reasons, this quote is taken as "anti-semetic"

Its only a matter of time before the bible is declared "anti-semetic" and banned.

you have to keep in mind that the bible is not all about hidden meaning, there has to be some factual content, and this is as factual as it gets

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is ridiculous � all I seem to read on this board are the ranting and ravings of a few individuals bound and determined to convince others that they know all and that only their beliefs are correct and worthy of acceptance. I was taught that the main purpose of Christianity is to spread the word of Christ to non-believers � not to argue amongst one another about who is right and who is wrong. To say that someone is going to hell because of what they believe is flat out wrong and against everything the bible teaches us. I don�t care who you are or what you believe, one person has the right to judge and one person alone -- God. The last time I checked, God was not posting on this board. If God is here posting, I apologize for my ignorance. Whether you believe in Mel�s movie or not is not the point � the point is Mel is trying to spread the word. Is his movie historically accurate � I am really not sure. It is extremely presumptuous to claim that Mel intentionally made this movie inaccurately. What I am sure is I am going to use it to help spread the word to non-believers. Non-believers who see this movie are going to have a lot of questions. It is the responsibility of believers to help them understand and to help them look to God for answers.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He is spreading a Lie.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
He is spreading a Lie.

Now, let's look at the 'Nail sale." Its against God's will, along wihtthe false image of Christ, and the cross that people so love to wear!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Once again your argueing your beliefs and only your beliefs. You are trying to convince others that your beliefs are the ONLY correct beliefs. Mel feels his movie is accurate. Many feel that Mel's version is accurate. At the same time, many feel it is off-base a bit. Is the fact that Jesus was crucified a lie -- to me, that is the whole point of the movie. Jesus' blood was spilled so that our (your's and mine) sins would be forgiven -- is this a lie? If it is a lie, then all of Christianity is a lie.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Jesus didn't look like a roman.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So you are basing your entire arguement that the Mel's movie is a lie on the fact that Jesus is portrayed by a person who looks to be Roman. Is that what you are arguing? I don't think the facial features of the actor playing Jesus is the purpose of the movie. I don't believe the question of whether Jesus was white, black, yellow, green, or purple is the purpose of the movie. There is a much bigger issue here. The fact that God sent his own son to be crucified so that our sins would be forgiven is purpose. The pain and agony that Jesus suffered so that our sins could be forgiven is the purpose of the movie. But of course, that is just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
NO, its important because along with the false image goes the philosophy of the Church...like having gay priests is ok, its ok to worhip the cross, and nails, it is ok to create false deities like the Virgin Mary. It all comes with it in definace of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
But, people get upset over Janet's breast.

But Jesus was never crucified.. that's a complete lie. He was taken up in a light beam into a space ship and promised to return. The crucifixion was a lie created to control the sheeple, to make them think they are somehow "sinners" and that he died for our sins. This instills guilt in the minds of the malleable public, and they seek someone who can help them earn salvation etc... so they turn to religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Do you believe that Jesus was crucified so that our sins could be forgiven?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel

Yes and I also believe in the man of sin.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Me? We have no sins, and there's no one to "forgive" as there's no entity called God. Sin is only a sin if it's defined by the Church to be a sin. Church thinks it speaks for God. Church thinks God even exists... but not everyone. The people at the top realise this huge lie, but promote it for the sake of keeping people fearful and in line... they'll be seeking forgiveness and fall right into the lap of the Church or other religions.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Do you believe that Jesus suffered a very harsh and painful physical death as a result of that crucifixion?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Well, Pisky, the crosses you often see people wearing, yes, they do depict the crucifixion, but it has another meaning ...

If you were Christian, you probably would understand, and if you are Christian, well I pity you...
-wD

No pity required wD - I'm pagan, although I do understand more of the Christian faith than some Christians. Theology is a hobby of mine, as is Theological debate - although I prefer face to face discussions.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Do you believe that Jesus suffered a very harsh and painful physical death as a result of that crucifixion?

No, he took some antibiotics before he let them nail him to a cross. He also took a sedative and had a little mask of laughing gas. So no, he wasn't in pain.. he was laughing hysterically the entire time as he screamed "You nail me, but I feel nothing! Did you hear that? NOTHING! Muaahahahahaha"...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
bump

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Isn't that the underlying meaning of the movie?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's interesting that people rely on "belief" to cover their lack of knowledge. Do you believe this or that? "Of course, silly!".

Belief is the number one way to control humanity. It replaces knowledge. Believing in absolutely anything is absolutely unnecessary at any time, there's no exceptions. If you believe, it is ALWAYS because of your ignorance, no matter what your "excuse" may be like "I'm afraid if I don't God will send me to Hell" etc. Fear and temptation lead people into belief, because they are terrified to face the fact that they might simply NOT know something... so they cover it with BELIEVING instead. No wonder humanity is so lost and confused...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join