It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
[The Bible has strict admonitions against idols and icons.

I suppose it depends on whether the wearer sees the crucifix/nail or whatever as an object to be worshipped in itself, or as a representative of his religion.

A bit like having statues of Christ in churches - most people know it isn't actually him, but seeing the statue helps them to imagine him in order to pray more effectively.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ashley: Well, there is a nice roast waiting for you...................in HELL

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"And it was given to him to give breath to the icon of the beast, so that the icon of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the icon of the beast or kiss his ring to be doomed"

This is also "just a movie". As you see I have written Icon instead of image here. The original Greek source says icon. You also see that I have written "kiss the hand of". This is because the source text use a word for worship which basically just means to kiss the hand. You may also notice that instead of killed, I have written doomed (to Hell). This is also consistent with the source text. This movie of Mel Gibson fulfills this part perfectly. Jesjuah didn't look like a Roman C�sar like the icons of the Church says. He was black and he tought that we should not make any images of whether him or anyone else. Where is your love? Who is your God?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

I suppose it depends on whether the wearer sees the crucifix/nail or whatever as an object to be worshipped in itself, or as a representative of his religion.

A bit like having statues of Christ in churches - most people know it isn't actually him, but seeing the statue helps them to imagine him in order to pray more effectively.

No, I thnk this is wrong. No icons. You shouldn't wear your religion on your sleeve---just so you can look pious.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about. You got this fake-ass movie supposedly depicting the "true" story of Jesus when it can't be true if Jesus isn't black in the film. Then, all the Jesus Freaks get all goofy and reverant, saying, "In the name of God, you must see this gory bloodfest of a film. See the blood. See the gore. See the torture. Praise Jesus."

Then, tis not bad enough that they will be making filthy lucre off the lie but now look what their doing!

February 19, 2004 -- Replicas of the nails used to hang Jesus on the cross have become the red-hot official merchandise linked to Mel Gibson's controversial new movie, "The Passion of the Christ."
Pendants made from the pewter, 2 1/2-inch nails - selling for $16.99 - all but flew out of the Christian Publications Bookstore on West 43rd Street as soon as they were put on display.

Hundreds of stores across the country will be selling licensed items tied to the movie, a graphically violent depiction of the last 12 hours of Christ's life, which opens next week on Ash Wednesday.

The souvenirs include a book, pins, key chains, coffee mugs and T-shirts.

But the most unusual collectibles are the nails, each of which hangs on a leather cord.

Its side bears the inscription "Isaiah 53:5," referring to a Bible verse that begins, "He was pierced for our transgressions . . ."

www.nypost.com...

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Colonel]

you think you know what jesus looked like? you sir are so full of yourself and #.

link   

Originally posted by Pisky

No, I thnk this is wrong. No icons. You shouldn't wear your religion on your sleeve---just so you can look pious.

Like I said in my previous post. The word translated "image" in Revelation 13:15 is Eikon. Go figure.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
"And it was given to him to give breath to the icon of the beast, so that the icon of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the icon of the beast or kiss his ring to be doomed"

This is also "just a movie". As you see I have written Icon instead of image here. The original Greek source says icon. You also see that I have written "kiss the hand of". This is because the source text use a word for worship which basically just means to kiss the hand. You may also notice that instead of killed, I have written doomed (to Hell). This is also consistent with the source text. This movie of Mel Gibson fulfills this part perfectly. Jesjuah didn't look like a Roman C�sar like the icons of the Church says. He was black and he tought that we should not make any images of whether him or anyone else. Where is your love? Who is your God?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

That was deep. I was moved.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, you were

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm excited for the Passion of Christ happy meal. I want the mini-cross toy and the replic crown of thorns.

Oh yeah, and Jesus was Jewish.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I hear it is warm there.Besides the air is to thin up there.
I think downstairs is where the action is.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and Jesus was Jewish.

We have gone over this already..keep up please.....Jewish is to much a generalization to actually say which color he was.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
We have gone over this already..keep up please.....Jewish is to much a generalization to actually say which color he was.

Gee, sorry.
I'm sure he was bronze from the sun although he had the nicest little curl in his hair when it got longer. I think when he wandered the desert he was a bit darker, but that is only because they didn't use the same skin treatment back then. He could have put on some type of oil, well...I am pretty sure they had oil of some kind. Maybe a date oil. Might have helped him keep one color, but he probably didn't use it because obviously people are all confused by his color...and of course you know that his skills as Jesus depended on his color. I mean, a white Jesus would definately not be as good. You know how there were like no white people back then anyway so I am sure....

Awww, who am I kidding...might as well run out and get me some of those nails.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Awww, who am I kidding...might as well run out and get me some of those nails.

Yes go ahead..and by one of those nice pale skinned,striaght haired pictures of jesus.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused about you saying "Jesus Freaks" are going to get all the money? Mel Gibson practically financed this whole film out of his own pocket, so the only person who's going to see money is Mel himself.

The way I see it he's made a movie that he feels is a true depiction of Jesus's last hours, and wanted to tell it brutally and honestly as he could.

That is why no distributor would touch it, and no financier would back it. He deserves credit for that.

I am not a christian, I don't give a crap about Jesus, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing this film as a "film".

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh, that's ok. Like he isn' t 10 times more wealthy. How many moves has this guy put out? How many nails are he gonna sell? How many Passion hats is he gonna put out?

And if its authentic why isn't Jesus black as it said in the Bible?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And why does he look like a C�sar? Because C�sar, the arch of the Roman Empire, means "wounded by sword" of course, and it is obviously because they want to keep the Catholic story as authentic as possible. That guy on their Icons, was a man who was killed during the darkages, but returned to the land of the living mysteriously.....

And....
"Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie--I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you. "

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Oh, that's ok. Like he isn' t 10 times more wealthy. How many moves has this guy put out? How many nails are he gonna sell? How many Passion hats is he gonna put out?

And if its authentic why isn't Jesus black as it said in the Bible?

Well yeah but you said "Jesus freaks", but there are no "Jesus freaks" that are going to profit from this, just thought I'd clear that up.

Maybe he's already receiving enough controversy without throwing "Jesus was black" into the mix. One step at a time eh?

link   
Seems Jesus has become a comercial Item.
Deep

link   
Here's a picture of C�sar with his ten horns BTW.

It is his Eikon you are woshipping, for today the C�sar title is owned by the Pope of course. This film will spread a message saying the Catholic Church is the only correct faith, and the only way to come to Heaven would be to "kiss the ring" of the Pope, and worship his Eikons.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Where is this picture?

Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join