It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevorkian to run for office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Kevorkian to run for office

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate currently on parole from prison, is planning a run for Congress, a Detroit newspaper reported Wednesday.

According to the Oakland Press, Kevorkian is planning to mount an independent bid in Michigan's 9th District seat currently occupied by Republican Joe Knollenberg.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian told the paper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I thought this guy was dead. So how 'bout it, would you vote this guy for office? I think most don't feel he is necessarily a bad guy, it's just a weird subject that seems impossible to pick a stance on.

What does everyone else think?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
One thing we know about Jack is that he's always fought the power. That's a good thing I guess.

Is it even possible to use smear tactics against this guy anymore??

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I don't think it is, Dr Love.

I just couldn't believe the story when I saw it and had to post it. You gotta give this guy credit for never giving up.

"Fine, charge me for it! When I get out of jail, I'll just get into politics and change it!"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, same topic. Thread closed. So reposting here.

So is your issue him running for congress, or that he does assisted suicides or both?
Going out on a limb here and for those who wish to attack my post , go for it.
I do support assisted suicide.
I find it completely ridiculous that we see animals as beneath us but will put them to death to keep them from suffering, but will not show the same compassion to our fellow man in the time of fatal illness when there is no hope of recovery.
Ask anyone who has had a loved one die in pain after suffering at length when no medication brought relief. It is gut wrenching to see someone you love go through that.
Why is it that it is not acceptable for someone to make their own decision to die? Because it says so in the bible?
Because they are condemned to be born again?Reincarnate again and learn the lessons they did not in this life?
Would it be a pain free life? Of course not. No life is pain free. Physically or emotionally. But every man and woman should have the right to choose how they die as they do how they live.
As for Dr. Death running for congress...
Considering his criminal record and lack of popularity...you would think he would have the brains to know better. I see this as a publicity stunt and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I can see the headlines now...

"Congressman Death (Formerly Dr. Death) found in Hotel room with dead prostitute."

"I swear, she wanted to end her sin-filled life. I just helped her to know how." said Congressman Kevorkian.

(Joke! Not an ACTUAL news quote)

Seriously, though. Is a convicted felon allowed to run for public office? I know who he's not going to vote for, that's for sure.

Cuhail

[edit on 3/14/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Funny Cuhail...

I had the same question...How can he run with a criminal record?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I wonder what is his stance on capital punishment. Hmmmm?

Besides, if he's allowed to run, he couldn't possibly have more unexplained/coincidental/mysterious deaths surrounding him than Clinton did.

Not sure I'd vote for him but I might be willing to hire him if I ever get a really unpleasant diagnosis.

new topics

top topics

join