It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Anyone else seen the preview for this movie? I saw it on TV last night, and it looked intense. I haven't seen a great gambling film since Rounders, so I'll check it out.

It's about a group of MIT students (led by Jim Sturgess of "Across the Universe" with the lovely Kate Bosworth) who are taken to Vegas to card count for their teacher (Kevin Spacey). Then trouble ensues, naturally. Looks like an entertaining, high stakes film. I want to card count.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's also a true story, and I'm excited to see it as well. With the advent of poker becoming so "mainstream", there are a few pretty good new films out there that revolve around the card-game lifestyle.

"Lucky you", starring Eric Bana, Robet Duvall, and Drew Barrymore was actually pretty good. I've got one in my stack right now titled "All in" starring Michael Madsen, Dominique Swain, James Russo, and Louis Gossett Jr. It's third in line after "No Country" and "Hitman". I'll let you know if it's any good.

There are a couple more out there, browse you local Blockbuster. I also really liked that ESPN Orignal Series (can't recall the title) about the poker players, but it seemed to have been canceled after one season.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah, the fact the movie is based on a true story makes it even cooler to me. I read 'Bringing Down the House' a while ago and it was a great read. Evidently the author, Ben Mezrich, is involved with the movie; that combined with the great cast makes me really pumped about the film.

'Lucky You' is one of those movies I heard a little bit about but I never noticed it in theaters near me. I haven't heard of 'All In' at all though, so let me know how that is.

join