It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EADS Mako Vs KAI T-50 Golden Eagle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The replacement for all those T-38 Talon/ F-5 Freedom Fighter | Tiger | Tiger II aircrafts out there is coming...
Which one do you think is better as trainer/ LCA?

EADS Mako:

[Edited on 2002-12-20 by MakodFilu]

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:49 AM
link   
KAI T-50 Golden Eagle:

The forum broke the links and there is nothing I can do to fix them. I'll try with some other links. [Edit] I removed 'www' from the links. These are working now.

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What a little sexy beast !

Nice shapes !

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow! you are fast. Please review those as I fixed the links to T-50 images.

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu

...is there a way to delete my own posts?

Yep. Edit your post, pick the " delete this message " box and do " edit "

Some days ago, I did a topic on the TA-50.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 20-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ok, thanx...

...as for the thread you posted..., would you mind if, since no one answered there, I steal you the merit?

Put here the info provided there. I could post more about both aircrafts but, if I do, what can put you to search?

Everybody owes some (searching) fun!

[Edited on 2002-12-21 by MakodFilu]

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Mako ALL THE F*CKING WAY!
Those lines are just sooo sexy

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu
Ok, thanx...

...as for the thread you posted..., would you mind if, since no one answered there, I steal you the merit?

Nope.You can do it, I don't mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
What a little sexy beast !

Nice shapes !

Man, that thing looks awesome!!!
to whomever designed this incredible machine!! I hope the U.S. uses those soon!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Man, that thing looks awesome!!!
to whomever designed this incredible machine!! I hope the U.S. uses those soon!!!

Errrr... (how could I tell you)...

It's the EADS Mako. EADS stands for European Aeronautic Defense and Space company. Airbus is one of its branches. Eurofighters is one of their products as well.

[Edited on 2002-12-22 by MakodFilu]

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 03:11 AM
link   
sigh.......sigh........

Like NOBODY post on my topic ( poor ultra
), I have to repost everything here.

Let's go....

The other competitor is the T-50/A-50 Golden Eagle ( South-Korea & USA )

There is a very real problem emerging in the fighter community today. The aircraft currently used to train fighter pilots started production in the 1950s and 1960s and are approaching the limit of their service life. Age and attrition as well as widening gaps between past and current technologies are creating concern in many fighter communities around the world.

Because 4th generation fighters today are more complex and capable than ever before, fighter pilots must properly trained to operate their aircraft at the maximum envelop to fully utilize the fighter capability during combat. To address these critical issues, the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) has commissioned Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (LM Aero) to develop and produce the T-50 for the ROKAF.

Read more : www.koreaaero.com...

Video Clip : For 56K Modem ----> CLICK

Video Clip : For High-Speed (512 k) modem ---- > CLICK

T-50 Flash Clip ( bottom of the webpage ) ---- > CLICK

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mako is scheduled to enter service at the same time than T-50, so these are both contenders.

Mako at AirForce-Technology:
www.airforce-technology.com...

Mako at EADS site (here you will find videos, as well):
www.eads.net...

Artistic impression:

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The USA have participations in the TA-50 project. So, they will not buy the Mako.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What a pity... to them!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've heard there's another trainer coming out from a start-up aircraft company based in the US. Its their first aircraft but they say its pretty kick ass. Scheduled to come out with a prototype in 2012. Slotted to be about $15M and able to do more than the T-50. You think they'll make the competition??

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ultra_phoenix

Your photos posted here can not be seen, would you please take trouble to post in some popular place like ImageShack?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That was 6 years ago emile. Besides, the EADS Mako is now defunct.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Regretfully, the EADS MAKO was one of my favorite jet plan. The T-50 looks like a plagiarism taken from F-CK-1.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Defunct Dornier Company designed the Mako. For some reason, the Germans steadfastly REFUSE to design any of their own aircraft 100%. Either they licence-build someone elses designs or they design only a tiny parf of an aircraft. eg, they Eurofighter's cannon is the only german component. also, despite the fact that they were 20 years ahead of the world in jet technology in 1945, since then, no aircraft uses German jet engine designs as they do not design any. I think Patriotism is truly dead in buried in Deutschland *plays Taps, and places hand over heart* They need a shot in the arm with a little Toby Keiths "angry american" remixed as "angry german"

new topics

top topics

join