It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population to reach 6.666 billion in April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
According to this population clock hosted by the University at Berkeley, the world population will reach 6,666,666,666 at exactly 11:30:41 am on April 6, 2008.

You can freeze the clock and type in the date you want to see the population. I didn't try it, but I wonder what date the population was zero according to the algorithm?? LOL Anyone want to try that and tell me?

Edit: I don't even want to know. Does the population clock even show a zero date or does it only show the origins of two people? In other words, does the Berkeley clocks algorithm based upon evolution of creationism?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh Wow.....

When I was born the population was only about 3 billion.
That means in my short life span of 46 years the population has more than doubled.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Hard to believe the population has double in that short amount of time.

I thought honestly someone would have put in some early date to see when the population was 1 or 2, but it only allows you to put in a date no earlier than 1900. Sucks, cause I thought I could catch them in some type of strange belief system based on their math.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

OMG!!!

I put in the Thirteenth of December, Two Thousand and Twelve and the population will be...

ZERO

Damm those Mayans!

Have a nice day y'all

MonKey

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mayans. e.e

6.6 is far too many people. Getting too crowded.

Sometimes you need a big world war to limit the population. That will come soon, and our natural population control might skin a billion or two off that number.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is kind of interesting...

March 13 2050 will have an approximate population of 8,719,960,880 people.

March 13 2099 will have an approximate population of 7,318,073,992 people.

That is a loss of about 1.5 billion people.

Bad math or disaster?

What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
These numbers are amazing.
If you go back to the year 1900 there was just over 1/2 billion total population.

Everybody seems to have had a pretty satisfying sex life over the past 100 years to be able to add 6 billion in that short a period of time.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not everybody...:shk:

Got to start working on that....

Or some A(B)TS'ers might feel the brunt of the frustration...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow!
That is alot of people.
And figuring that people are beginning to live longer,due to adcances in medicine.
Things will only get more poplulated as time goes on.
I dont see space for all these poeple being a problem,but I do see a strain,if not a shortage,of resources in the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Everybody seems to have had a pretty satisfying sex life over the past 100 years to be able to add 6 billion in that short a period of time.

ROFL.

And then some, considering all the death and destruction we've had this last century working against that.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

You bring up a good point that space is not a foreseeable problem in the near future. It amazes me to know that it is inevitable that our own numbers alone will destroy us. We will reach a point of non-sustainability and then a huge die off will happen. The question is; when?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
WOW! Imagine God using the population of the whole world to say HI to me! I must say I'm flattered!

Hi God!!

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
WOW! Imagine God using the population of the whole world to say HI to me! I must say I'm flattered!

Hi God!!

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

Hi God! I love what you've done with the place!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here is an interesting possibility regarding the 6,666.000,00 person to be born in April. What are the odds of this person being the anti-Christ, especially with the 666 part. Is this food for thought, or just a nonsensical observation on my part? I hope it's the later option I pondered on, because this world is crazy enough without an anti-Christ of biblical proportion actually beig born. Anyone else on ATS think like this?

top topics

join