It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town puts price on cats' heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Town puts price on cats' heads

www.cnn.com

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Attention, cat haters: There's money to be made in Randolph, Iowa, which is offering a $5 bounty for each feral feline turned in -- alive.

Those not claimed will be destroyed.

Mayor Vance Trively says that the southwest Iowa town of 200 people is being overrun by dozens of feral cats and needed to do something.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That's right, you can earn money by hunting for Stray Cats all day.
Sounds great, doesn't it? I mean, you'll be outdoors in the sun, answering to nobody but yourself. Don't feel like working on Mondays? Don't bother, just work a bit harder on Tuesday. The harder you work, the more money you'll make.

Not only that, but telling chicks that you hunt "Feral Cats" for a living is sure to impress them. Just make sure to tell them how dangerous and exciting your profession is.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
After some of the things written in this thread here...

ATS Thread about cats in China

I'm laughing my moobs off.

Pot, kettle, a dark colour and some name calling!!

MonKey

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I can't imagine that the cats would be such a nuisance they'd have to be destroyed (they're feral cats so of course they don't belong to anybody and will not be claimed). I have a feral cat I took in and he's a wonderful pet. Cat lovers, protest!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can just see it now, people gathering cats from neighboring towns, grabbing peoples pets, and all for the bounty of $5.00.

It's actually very difficult to catch a feral cat without a trap or a gun, so because they have to be turned in alive I hope a few of these mighty hunters get some scratches and bites.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Heck, I have 2 that I'll give them for free if they take them off my hands. That'll teach those freeloadin' cats of mine!

Actually I do love my cats.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
this reminds me of that movie "Gummo" where the kids would sell stray cats to the butcher.

new topics

top topics

join