It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparent Gif files?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I can usually figure this out, but for some reason I'm having trouble with 'transparent .gif' files (format is 89a, the right type).

I see a .gif, like this one:
Abomination

...and it worked fine using the ATS [ im ] [ /im ] tags, background became the post space color.

But I saved that image to disk, same format and everything, but it doesn't come up as transparent.

Other files, I make transparent, and I upload to a site and put them in a post and they're no longer transparent backgrounds.

What gives, anyone know? Maybe the services like photobucket or tinyfile are changing the format on me?

Yet, why is the Wiki .gif not loading in my paintshop pro (V 5.00) like it should?

TIA.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Do you mean like this?

I just saved your pic to my HDD and hosted it on "Imageshack" and it comes through transparent fine for me...

Not sure what could be going on on your end....

I use the [img ][/ img] Tags

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yeah, like that. Haha. It might happen because I'm using a very old copy of the Paint program (V 5). There's no button or tick that says 'make background the transparent color' like there is in V6, I think.

Well, thanks for checking. Right now, I'm using a fill to make the backgrounds match. Sure would be simpler just to UL it and have that be transparent. Maybe I'll try V6. (I have it, but 5 is simple enough for most of my meager needs.)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I thought that Paint Shop Pro 5 had that option, I used it for many years.

Isn't it in the same place as in version 6.0?

Menu "Colors", "Set Pallete Transparency (Shift+Ctrl+V)"

top topics

join