It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Industry has understated the JSF’s cost by up to $38 billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.defense-aerospace.com...

Three independent defense offices separately concluded that program cost estimates are understated by as much as $38 billion and that the development schedule is likely to slip from 12 to 27 months. Discrepancies in cost estimates add to program risks and hinder congressional oversight

and

Further, expected cost per flight hour now exceeds that of the F-16 legacy fighter, one of the aircraft it is intended to replace

costs are up and real world useage price are now higher than the `oh so cheap` F16

the report is from the GAO. and really shows concern over the entire programme

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A phrase involving rats, ships and sinking springs to mind.

Will that seal Denmark's jump to the Gripen?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Both denmark and norway i feel - since they both are allready benefitting from the inductrial aggreements with saab - something that the US has offred but has only been a 1 way street so far.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wouldn't you say thought that adding information like this to the existing thread helps everyone have the relevant information to make the informed posts of the subject like this? Don't want to discourage you from postin Har but at the sametime one major problem the aviation forums and many others face is to many threads that could instead all be found under one root title etc. Let me know what you think and hopefully we can keep info like this together for everyone. Thanks EH!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
you are of course right , in my effort to bring this to everyone quickly i forgot the other thread

requested this be locked and reposting in the other thread

top topics

join