It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permission needed for Olympic protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Permission needed for Olympic protests

www.news.com.au

CHINA today warned anyone planning to protest at the Beijing Olympics that they must get police permission and obey local laws.

"As for protests, those who come to take part in the Olympics, be they domestic or foreign persons, all must respect relevant laws," Liu Jingmin said.

Liu had been asked how authorities planned to deal with expected demonstrations against Chinese policies during the August 8-24 Games.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So there you have it. The Chinese version of Free Speech.

"Of course you can protest, you just have to ask us first."

If you think about it, its not that different from the American version.

"Of course you can protest, you just have to do it where it cant be heard."

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
China needs to ensure that such protest are not being staged by ennemy agencies like the CIA...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As a Chinese, I feel shame of the behavior of China's government
in this aspect.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

That sounds similar to the US government requiring a petition request even though its an amendment. Go figure the Chinese follow in our footsteps.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

That is exactly what it sounds like our own in the land of the free laws, so I will not be surprise if they are put in animal pens ( I mean designated protesting areas ) like they do here in the US during political rallies.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Damn Chinese... always protesting any reindeer games. Yes, reindeer have summer games, too. They gots no presents to deliver. I'd be pretty pissed that I'm out of a job for the summer, so if I was a reindeer, I would ruin everybody else's fun by protesting at the Chinese Summer Games. It'll be a hot one this summer, but those reindeer are tough. They'll weather through this, and ya know what? Reindeer ain't gotta ask nobody's permission for nothin! They are badasses.n They will just walk right up to those policemans and be like "Aw no you di'in't" and then the police will be so scared that talking reindeer showed up to protest, that they'll abandon their posts. Rudolph, get ready to sign lots of Chinese boob.

new topics

top topics

join