It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN officials denied access to US prisons in IRaq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

UN officials denied access to US prisons in IRaq

www.latimes.com

Nowak said U.S. officials told him that American-run prisons in Iraq were not subject to international human rights law because of the armed conflict, and as such were outside his area of responsibility.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What is the US Army hiding inside it's prisons in Iraq ? Looks like Abu Ghraib was just the tip of the iceberg.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wasn't one of the main reasons, that we ousted Sadam to begin with, because he wouldn't cooperate with UN investigators?

The depth of our Administration's hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. :shk:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The US has refused access to the International Red Cross as well - the world renown NEUTRAL aid organisation - even hussein never did this , even hitler never turned the red cross away.

crimes against humanity? happening here and now and the world is turning a blind eye to it

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Crimes indeed... but I guess as long as someone does it under the false pretence of policing the world for safekeeping then it's ok?
In some weird way you could say that Hitler only wanted to protect his "kind" of people... making them feel safe. You know safe is not only about keeping your life save, but also getting through the day without worrying what you are gonna do for food or work.

Still, I dont support what Hitler did and for THAT very reason how could I support the actions of the current American administration and it's terrorist army?

Liberate the American people I say!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Do we WANT everyone else in the world to hate us? Do we care? Everyday we allow a complete moron to run this country. And not only that, he gives himself more power every day. In my opinion this situation with the war is spiraling out of control with no end it sight to neither the conflict nor the spending. In the meantime our country is leaping into a recession as food prices jump up. This denial of a UN official by the United States is in my honest opinion what should be the final straw of hypocrisy for not only the American people to stand up but for Congress to step in and say ENOUGH!

How many innocent people would a child have to shoot before you said to yourself.....Hey, maybe I should take that gun away from that child...before he shoots me!

Bush needs to step up right now and invite those UN officials back to the prison and say come on in. Any other decision would be moronic.

Sorry for the rant this one set me off a little

It's a touchy subject try to don't mention it

[edit on 12-3-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

I don't think the US military wants another Abu Gharib scandal. I'm sure there is far worse crimes going on than the ones a few soldiers were doing there.

We seem to expect to be considered a beacon of hope, democracy, and freedom...Yet we have no problem torturing 'insurgents,' 'terrorists,' or 'freedom fighters.'

We're worse than South African apartheid...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
The US has refused access to the International Red Cross as well - the world renown NEUTRAL aid organisation - even hussein never did this , even hitler never turned the red cross away.

Yeah, and did anyone else note the BLATENT LIE at the end of the article from a LYING State Department spokesman, saying that they HAVE granted the Red Cross access! Read it and believe it, sheeple, you are being lied to ON A DAILY BASIS....I am buying a gun later this week before they take that right away, I ain't going without a fight!

[edit on 12-3-2008 by percievedreality]

new topics

top topics

join