It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Family attacks TV news crew, yells racial slurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Thanks for the laugh today, I needed it. You are very amusing.
And honestly Narcissism is pretty funny, but you should probably seek help.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Both of you (Mr. Ree) should try and stay on topic. The both of you (Mr. Ree) have hijacked the thread and kind of ruined it for everyone else. Where's a mod when you need one?

EDIT: Oops...just read the mod comment

[edit on 12-3-2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sorry everyone if we strayed off topic.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Sorry everyone if we strayed off topic.

No problem, happens to the best of us

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I can understand why they were attacked.

I would have just gone inside my house and refused to answer questions.

I can understand, but think it's quite ridiculous for the family to have attacked a news reporter. As they say, violence is never the answer!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Reporters have a job to do, and sometimes they'll go to extremes to do it. Baiting is a common tactic. With the editing they're capable of doing nowadays, you never know just how your words or actions will be taken out of context when the final cut is aired.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
C'mon...this is from South Carolina- how are any of you surprised by this???

The southern states like North and South Carolina, Georgia, Tennesee, etc. you can expect any type of racial slur to occur in. There's still quite a strong confederate mentality in those states- these hicks still are angry and its going to take a few more decades to remove this kind of racism from our country at least. Unless of course, its being passed down even now to younger generations which wouldn't surprise me. Watch out for the south- that's all I'll say. They are very religious, very racial, and very discriminative.

Now for those of you who live in those states- I don't mean to offend, I'm talking only about crazy racist people, not every state citizen.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

Well, that IS pretty offensive, but whatever. Stereotyping southerners is everyone's favorite past time.

In reality, this type of behavior happens in all areas of the country and is no more or less prevalent in the south than anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
"This is a good reason for the NWO to put a leash on the common citizen."

One is led to believe they consider themselves more than the "common" person. Do you require a leash too? Or was that statement just another operator error or misinterpretation on my part?

This has been a very entertaining digression and I must put in my proverbial two pennies. I actually read the NWO comment in a more ironic light. Maybe I'm projecting too much? I figured the poster was making an astute observation about the way this event might be spun by the media or interpreted by TPTB. The comments wasn't condoning or encouraging anything. The poster was simply making a making a rather accurate assessment of how events such as these might play out in our admittedly imperfect world, and perhaps at the same time taking a jab at fellow "commoners."

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
C'mon...this is from South Carolina- how are any of you surprised by this???

The southern states like North and South Carolina, Georgia, Tennesee, etc. you can expect any type of racial slur to occur in. There's still quite a strong confederate mentality in those states- these hicks still are angry and its going to take a few more decades to remove this kind of racism from our country at least. Unless of course, its being passed down even now to younger generations which wouldn't surprise me. Watch out for the south- that's all I'll say. They are very religious, very racial, and very discriminative.

Now for those of you who live in those states- I don't mean to offend, I'm talking only about crazy racist people, not every state citizen.

*sigh* Yes, you're so right. Everyone below the Mason-Dixon Line is a total moron who is stuck in Reconstruction. But you forgot to mention how all Yankees are rude and uncaring, all New Englanders are narcicisstic elitists, all Pacific Northwesterners are filthy tree-hugging pot heads, and all Midwesterners are bestiality-engaging corn farmers. Which ignorant group do you fit into? Do us all a favor and take your slanderous comments elsewhere.

I think most people would agree that 99% of the world's population are nice, normal people. But it's always some dbag who makes the news and makes a whole population look awful.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone is defending the media here. They are nothing but trouble makers. That woman got what she deserved and as far as the racial over tone of white on black who cares? Look at Detroit and our Mayor. We are in the north and he is the biggest racist of all.

The high moral ground doesn't belong to this poor reporter or her skin color. She is scum, she was there to cause trouble period and if she can't take the heat she should stay out of the fire...

What really surprises me is that no one is asking why she was attacked. They take the MSM side of the story and run with it. She probably provoked the whole incident by getting too close to a high pressure situation. She should be charged with harassment and tossed in the slammer.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I'm not defending the reporter or the media. I'm sure she did goad them into acting out, but that part of the tape was probably editted out before being aired.

Her color shouldn't be the issue, but the events leading up to the attack. some people enjoy creating controversy by making everything sound like it's racially motivated.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It wasn't the entire family who attack it was the one women and possibly the younger women.. To me it looked like the black male and white male were trying to break things up.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

How precious , he' hoping that Mr Rockefeller or Ziggy Brzezinski will see his post. How touching !

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
I can't believe anyone is defending the media here. They are nothing but trouble makers. That woman got what she deserved and as far as the racial over tone of white on black who cares? Look at Detroit and our Mayor. We are in the north and he is the biggest racist of all.

The high moral ground doesn't belong to this poor reporter or her skin color. She is scum, she was there to cause trouble period and if she can't take the heat she should stay out of the fire...

What really surprises me is that no one is asking why she was attacked. They take the MSM side of the story and run with it. She probably provoked the whole incident by getting too close to a high pressure situation. She should be charged with harassment and tossed in the slammer.

Yeah, every time I've seen this on the news, no one mentioned what questions she was asking or why exactly she was attacked; only that there were racial slurs and angry trashy southern white people. I'd like to see what tape was recorded before the fight.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join