It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Family attacks TV news crew, yells racial slurs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Police: Family attacks TV news crew, yells racial slurs

www.cnn.com

Three people upset that a news crew was reporting on the arrest of a relative attacked the television reporter and yelled racial slurs at her and a photographer, authorities said Tuesday.

The family members, all white, began yelling and charged at black WSPA-TV reporter Charmayne Brown while she was standing in the street near the family's home in Union, said news director Alex Bongiorno.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
o_0 I couldn't help but LOL at this.
I wonder how much media attention this will get. I hope this doesn't dissuade reporters from going about their job but how much security do they have? None?
While it is rare for reporters to get attacked like this, after seeing this story, I think something needs to be done to prevent this from happening again.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
^^ its not as rare as you think - theres plenty of video`s of news teams getting attacked by the police amoungst others - the most recent `famous` one is of a fox reporter getting battoned

[edit on 12/3/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's silly yes, but it's a risk reporters take when they get the job. Not that I'm saying it's good for people to get attacked (especially by people who seem a little....uhh.....backwater).

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is a good reason for the NWO to put a leash on the common citizen.

They are no better than out of control animals.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, it happened back in 2006 I believe, in Caledonia (Its somewhere in Southern Ontario) there is an Indian Reservation there, and they are having problems with the government, and the residents of the town because someone wants to develop on what they believe is their own land, a news crew was reporting it and a band of the natives attacked the news crew, the cops didn't do anything until after and the natives all were arrested for assault, funny thing was it was filmed by another camera man.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

Not sure if you're replying in regards to the original post...but that one happened in South Carolina.

As to this story...that's just crazy. I can see both sides on this one. I mean, we don't get to see what happened before the family charged at her. Maybe she was goading or yelling stuff over to them in regards to this very sensitive situation. On the other hand, ganging up on her and trying to beat her up is so...schoolyard.

We have a saying in our house for all the kids "keep things small". Someone should've told this family about that saying. Now instead of just one family member in trouble, there's 5...tsk tsk

Michelle

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

They are no better than out of control animals.

Hmm. So now we are all grouped like this ignorant family?

You realize that includes you? I'd be willing to bet you are just as "common" as the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

For practical purposes, yes. It's virtually impossible to judge you common type without grouping you, and it is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination. An implanted device to read your biosigns would also be very valuable when attempting to discern your actions and thoughts. if we did mandate one (which would allow us to group you more accurately) you probably wouldn't consent anyway. I'm sure if a security personr tackled those people before they had a chance to harass the good behaving citizens who do their jobs, you'd scream out some type of police brutality.

You citizens are quite the paradox.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

So, I guess you're the 21st century reicarnation of Sigmund Freud, and have the God-like ability to psychoanalyze everybody's thoughts and behaviors accurately?

Personally, you sound more like a law enforcement type to me wanting to restrain others that you've arbitrarily assigned the label of "Common" to. Why does the fact that others have a right to say "No" or disagree with you bother you so much?

Are you really so far above everyone else? or is it just another case of grandiose thinking?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
reply to post by Mr. Ree

So, I guess you're the 21st century reicarnation of Sigmund Freud, and have the God-like ability to psychoanalyze everybody's thoughts and behaviors accurately?

What do psych exams have to do with me? I don't get it. You think I'm suggesting that one person psychoanalyze everyone?

Personally, you sound more like a law enforcement type to me wanting to restrain others that you've arbitrarily assigned the label of "Common" to. Why does the fact that others have a right to say "No" or disagree with you bother you so much? Why does the fact that others have a right to say "No" or disagree with you bother you so much?

Dang! You're a Sigmund Freud reincarnation too!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

For practical purposes, yes. It's virtually impossible to judge you common type without grouping you, and it is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination.
I guess these aren't your words then? Must be some kind of server error..

[edit on 3/12/08 by LLoyd45]

Mod Edit: Fixed quote

[edit on 12-3-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

For practical purposes, yes. It's virtually impossible to judge you common type without grouping you, and it is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination.

Not a server error as much as operator error (i.e you are not understanding nor comprehending what I am saying because you are projecting your own idea onto it, or are not a very good reader.)

Let me recap for our partially impaired:

I said:

it is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination.

Basically, that means "It is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination."

Now, we can pinpoint when, where, and from whom the misunderstanding has arisen. It was with right here, in that post, and from you.

because you replied:

Which seems to suggest that I want to posess, or have the "God-like ability to psychoanalyze everybody's thoughts and behaviors accurately." I never said that. In reality, what I said was, "It is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination." You, being, yourself, went ahead and did whatever you usually do when you are reading stuff, I have to presume. I responded to your "accusation" with:

What do psych exams have to do with me? I don't get it. You think I'm suggesting that one person psychoanalyze everyone?

Which means I'm not talking about giving people psych exams - they have nothing to do with me beyond that I stated, again, "It is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination." I never suggested that people should be psychoanalzed, nor did I suggest that I had some god like ability. In fact, my actual stance has always been that they should not be analyzed.

Then, oddly enough, you post this:

---------------------------------

You see, those are my words, and you probably shouldn't keep guessing if there is some hidden poetic interpretation in an obviously clear and pricise statement.

Do you still guess that psychoanalyzing people is a subject that I am discussing?

Is everything clear now, Loyd?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I read very well thank you, and your comments suggested that though people should be given psychological exams, it would be a waste of time and money to do so. Obviously you believe you are vastly superior to everyone else, and can sit in judgement of their thoughts and actions.

If you didn't think psych exams were necessary, why even mention it in your post? Have you had any experience adminstering one? I have. Also when someone makes a broad, sweeping statement like:

"This is a good reason for the NWO to put a leash on the common citizen."

One is led to believe they consider themselves more than the "common" person. Do you require a leash too? Or was that statement just another operator error or misinterpretation on my part?

What do I think? I think you meant exactly what you said, and you never did confirm or deny my suspicions that you're a LEO. Bet I was right on the money there.

We can agree to disagree on the matter though. No need to waste bandwidth on needlessly.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I read very well thank you, and your comments suggested that though people should be given psychological exams, it would be a waste of time and money to do so. Obviously you believe you are vastly superior to everyone else, and can sit in judgement of their thoughts and actions.

Let me see if I can explain this allegoricaly:

Ok, so if I say, "It is a waste of time to mow the lawn with a pair of scissors," how exactly does that mean that I am suggesting that it should be done?

Or, if I say, "It is a waste of time to give everyone a psych eval," how exactly does that mean that I am suggesting that it should be done?

You see, the grass needs to be cut (the subject), but such an inefficient method (you are confusing the method to be the subject) will not be utilized because it is deemed to be a waste of time.

In the same way, a tighter leash (subject) needs to be placed on society, but not such an ineffective means of giving everyone a psych eval (method). It would be a waste of time because it is not an effective means to deal with the subject.

So, I think you are a liar because you do not read very well, in my opinion based on the average reading comprehension level.

If you didn't think psych exams were necessary, why even mention it in your post?

I mentioned that they were NOT necessary. Do you have a problem with that? Is there something wrong when someone suggests a certain measure (i.e tighter leash) while also discussing flawed methods of instituting it? I think I did it because this is a discussion and not an episode of "Life according to LLoyd45".

What do I think? I think you meant exactly what you said, and you never did confirm or deny my suspicions that you're a LEO. Bet I was right on the money there.

Your MO appears to be centered around guessing and betting. Odd. Are you a gambler, Loyd?

No, I am not a LEO, and I did mean exactly what I said, ("It is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination.") but you turned it into something else entirely.

Three words: Hooked on Phonics

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Posters like you who make me laugh, first you push some asbsurd idea and try to sound like an english tracher while explaining it even though your sole purpose is to start an argument. I call people like you trolls but thats just my opinion and it possibly can't be anywhere near as valuble as someone who see things as intelligently as you do lol.

I don't even think you watched the video but if you did I find it funny you draw such conslucions about the rest of us and how you can comment so correctly on a story you maybe know only a fraction of. IMO arrogance falls in the same category as ignorance.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Let me see if I can explain this allegoricaly:
First of all, I'd learn how to spell allegorically before I tried to use it in a sentence.

So, I think you are a liar because you do not read very well, in my opinion based on the average reading comprehension level.
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Frankly, I always consider the source of a criticism before I take any action on it..

Your MO appears to be centered around guessing and betting. Odd. Are you a gambler, Loyd?
No. I'm not a gambler, but I do know a little about people.

No, I am not a LEO, and I did mean exactly what I said, ("It is a waste of time and resources to give you all a psych examination.") but you turned it into something else entirely.
Sure you're not. By the way, who exactly is the "you all" that you keep referring to? I guess you're in a category all to yourself.

Three words: Hooked on Phonics
I'd rush out and get a copy ASAP if I were you. Might I also suggest a copy of "The Writer's Handbook" as well?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First of all, I'd learn how to spell allegorically before I tried to use it in a sentence.

You would? It looks like you did. Good Job.

No. I'm not a gambler, but I do know a little about people.

Probably not enough.

Sure you're not. By the way, who exactly is the "you all" that you keep referring to? I guess you're in a category all to yourself.

You all, meaning the alien robots that have taken over earth and posed as actual people.

I'd rush out and get a copy ASAP if I were you. Might I also suggest a copy of "The Writer's Handbook" as well?

Dang, you know, I really can't afford that. Maybe you could proofread my posts and PM me my score.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Stop the Bickering and get back on topic.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Not that violence is the right answer, but I can understand why some people resort to violence when confronted by a news crew.

Someone had just been killed... A family member. Then here come the news whores. Imagine, you're grief sticken and her comes some bimbo and starts asking rude question.

I can understand why they were attacked.

I would have just gone inside my house and refused to answer questions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join