It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drops China from list of top human rights abusers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

US drops China from list of top human rights abusers

www.prisonplanet.com

The US dropped China from its list of the world's worst human rights violaters, but added Syria, Uzbekistan and Sudan to the alleged offenders in an annual report released Tuesday.

The State Department's 2007 Human Rights Report showed China, which has raised hopes it will improve human rights by hosting the 2008 Olympics, had parted company with countries like North Korea, Myanmar and Iran.

No reason was given for removing China -- which has been a key partner in talks with Washington to denuclearize North Korea -- from the list but the new report said China's "overall human rights record remained poor" in 2007.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not surprising given the Beijing Olympics are on the horizon.

I wonder how much money passed between whose hands for this to happen.

The PRC off the human rights abuse list -- the only thing that I could think of for them to have achieved this 'legitimately' is if they figured out better ways to hide what they're doing to those poor folk who practice Falun Gong.Either that or they just plain ran out of people to oppress - after all they've been building how many factories a months for How long now?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Eek...I'm not particularly surprised. America is in the position that it needs to keep China as happy with them as possible, what with the impending collapse of the economy.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Hi Attari-

I like suspicious types! Good topic!

I think the money came from Wal-Mart!!!! lol

sty

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i guess China will add US now on the "list"

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
maybe the present administration doesn't see any problem with the way china treats it's citizens...even using a small religious group as slaves....
who knows, they fail to see what the problem with torture is...

but, if I would venture to guess.....
it's time to stop biting the hand that's feeding you? china now has enough of a foothold in our economy to manipulate policies...
but, oh...ya...don't worry....all this free trade and outsourcing...it's good for us!! it's good for business!! that's why they just had to dump $200 trillion in treasury bonds onto the market, our businesses are doing so well!!

-----------------------------------------------

"i guess China will add US now on the "list""
-----------------------------------------------

what list is that, the list of bankrupt countries they don't want to do business with anymore?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by dawnstar]

sty

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

What I mean - while US is becomming a police state , it will be harder and harder for the leaders of the US to blame other countries for human rights issues..

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
sweet, according to the US, China has cleaned it's act up.

That was much quicker than I thought!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

This is of no surprise. The US needs to be in good standing with the Chinese so our trade continues.

What kind of hypocrites would the US government be if they called the Chinese human rights abusers when it does the same thing (and worse)?

new topics

top topics

join